After Cubase 12 Installation, No Stock Plugins are installed.

Discussion in 'Cubase / Nuendo' started by JosRoundtree, Apr 28, 2023.

1. JosRoundtree

JosRoundtree Newbie

Hello,
    Two questions involving Steinberg products:

Question 1:_________________________________________________________________________________
    Installed the R2R variant of Cubase 12.0.60 x64 for Windows 10 [Version 22H2 (OS Build 19045.2913)] the process completed with no obvious errors. However upon running the "Hip-Hop Production" Demo from the Projects Hub I get the following:

Cubase Warnings (Thursday, April 27, 2023)
    On loading: C:\Program Files\Steinberg\Cubase 12\Project Templates\Hip-Hop Production.cpr
    ------------------------------------------------------
    The plug-in "EQ" could not be found for Insert 3 Channel "Mono In 1"!
    The plug-in "EQ" could not be found for Insert 3 Channel "Mono In 2"!
    The plug-in "EQ" could not be found for Insert 3 Channel "Stereo Out"!
    The plug-in "BitCrusher" could not be found for Insert 1 Channel "Drums"!
    The plug-in "EQ" could not be found for Insert 3 Channel "Drums"!
    The plug-in "HALion Sonic SE" could not be found for Instrument Track "Drums"!
    The plug-in "Chorus" could not be found for Insert 1 Channel "Bass"!
    The plug-in "EQ" could not be found for Insert 3 Channel "Bass"!
    The plug-in "HALion Sonic SE" could not be found for Instrument Track "Bass"!
    The plug-in "Distortion" could not be found for Insert 1 Channel "Clavinet"!
    The plug-in "VSTDynamics" could not be found for Insert 2 Channel "Clavinet"!
    The plug-in "Phaser" could not be found for Insert 3 Channel "Clavinet"!
    The plug-in "EQ" could not be found for Insert 3 Channel "Clavinet"!
    The plug-in "HALion Sonic SE" could not be found for Instrument Track "Clavinet"!
    The plug-in "EQ" could not be found for Insert 3 Channel "Lead Synth"!
    The plug-in "HALion Sonic SE" could not be found for Instrument Track "Lead Synth"!
    The plug-in "VSTDynamics" could not be found for Insert 1 Channel "Vocals"!
    The plug-in "EQ" could not be found for Insert 3 Channel "Vocals"!
    The plug-in "RoomWorks SE" could not be found for Insert 1 Channel "FX 1-Roomworks SE"!
    The plug-in "EQ" could not be found for Insert 3 Channel "FX 1-Roomworks SE"!
    The plug-in "PingPongDelay" could not be found for Insert 1 Channel "FX 2-PingPongDelay"!
    The plug-in "EQ" could not be found for Insert 3 Channel "FX 2-PingPongDelay"!
    ------------------------------------------------------

What is the root cause of this issue. I notice that no VST2 plugins folder [VSTplugins] was created under the "C:\Program Files" or even under the "C:\Program Files\Steinberg". When "Hip-Hop Production" is opened, there no plugins stock or otherwise to be chosen.

Now, I understanding the missing plugins messages as they relate to items like HALion SE, since that has not been installed yet, and besides that seems to concern samples, but missing EQ, BitCrusher, Chorus, and like points to a different question.

Question Two:_______________________________________________________________________________
    From an earlier and more successful Cubase 12 installation on another machine I was able to install most of the sample packs and effects provided by running the Steinberg Library Manager and then sharing the 330GB folder tree from a laptop to a machine I am currently preoccupied with. But in both installs of this library I am unable to activate the following libraries even though the *.vstsound files are installed and their presence is noted by SLM. The version of eLicenser is 6.12.8.3315 with Soft-eLicenser Local License Generator b26.

The 20 offending libraries, all under the Cubase/Nuendo heading are:

Analog Techno
    Blockbuster
    Caleidoscope
    * Content Set Electronic Dance * Appears in eLicenser
    * Content Set World Beatz * Appears in eLicenser
    Drum Loop Expansion 01
    EDM Toolbox
    Hip Hop Vault
    Loop Mash
    * Loop Set Ambient Lounge * Appears in eLicenser
    * Loop Set Dubstep * Appears in eLicenser
    * Loop Set Electronic Mode * Appears in eLicenser
    * Loop Set Indie Rock * Appears in eLicenser
    * Loop Set Progressive House* Appears in eLicenser
    * Loop Set Urban * Appears in eLicenser
    Mystic Spaces
    Raw Ambience
    Rock Pop Toolbox
    Sequel Content
    Soul Assembly

Despite the fact that some of these libraries appear in eLicensor, they fail to be activated.

I would be most grateful for any assistance provided.

3. saccamano

saccamano Rock Star

Maybe a permissions issue in program files root (program data, etc)? I always "TAKE CONTROL" of those areas (among others) setting ownership permissions to myself when building a new system and before installing ANY softwares - maybe a corrupted archive? - have those ones that are failing there ever worked anywhere else? Were you running the installs as "administrator"? Are you trying to mix files from different releases without having completely uninstalled the previous version(s)? Is the new machine connected to the internet? (if yes, disconnect it)

I'm just trying to suggest things in the obvious... The 12.0.60 version is what I have been running for months now, all default vst's being present (the ones I chose to install anyway, I usually dont install much of the auxiliary steinberg stuff) and without so much as a hiccup.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2023