After 30 Musical Talent Disappears

Discussion in 'Music' started by black.afrika.zulu.x, Sep 14, 2018.

1. statik

statik Audiosexual

this totally explains why i've been producing utter shit for the last 10 years orso

2. black.afrika.zulu.x

black.afrika.zulu.x Platinum Record

So Dre peaked at 30 and tapered off at 35 and never released anything again afterwards...remember that Scott Storch and other producers did most of Chronic 2001, and other rappers such as Jay-Z and Eminem wrote his lyrics for him...he was basically the engineer and executive producer...Speaking of Jay-Z he hasn't made any good music since he entered his 30's either.

3. Talmi

Talmi Audiosexual

I don't know what you're talking about. Dre released an awesome album just a year ago or so and he has released hundreds of tracks, which include dozens of hits by him or others, since his thirties. You've clearly never listened to his music before and you don't know at all what you're talking about.
    You've had about a dozen concrete and clear examples given to you that your opening "thought" is a silly one easily destroyable by anyone knowing anything about music.
    I'm about done with this thread.

4. black.afrika.zulu.x

"awesome album?????"

That album was hot dog water! Straight garbage truck juice! Since "The Chronic" Dre has been an engineer and an executive producer--to put it bluntly, he's been taking credit for other people's work.

'STILL DRE' WAS PRODUCED BY SCOTT STORCH....and they slapped Dre's name on the credits because it was his project.

i must say Brian Eno is an exception. His best productions were in his later years. Actually, producers and engineers might be an exception since what they do is mostly provide inspiration and advice...but the actual music makers...naaah.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 16, 2018
  5. Talmi

Talmi Audiosexual

You've got no ear, your taste is basically like poop. Very sad. But well, enjoy Brian Eno.

6. taskforce

taskforce Audiosexual

@black.afrika.zulu.x
    Aaaahahahahah:hahaha: After the musical instruments thread you come up with this. I mean no offense but do you play anything except the obvious "organ" ? Only asking because the whole thing with these threads looks (and unfortunately smells too) like extreme mastrubation.
    How old you said you are ?

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  7. black.afrika.zulu.x

Nobody here has a hit record...so you don't exactly have a dog in this fight.

8. reliefsan

reliefsan Audiosexual

its not "after 30" - its "42":mates::bleh::wink::disco:

bonus link : remember Level 42? :D

• Like Like x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  9. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

so you think there is a connection between "musical talent" and releasing a hit record?

hit records are a cultural popularity phenomenon, this is a social thing not a musical thing, there is no music to speak of in hit records.
    there is no "musical talent" in "playing with sounds ignorantly"

hit records are "playing with sound ignorantly"
    there is no music in that no talent in that.
    there IS a different type of talent and that is "cultural talent" or "popularity talent" (whoohoo)
    but no music talent there.
    here is an example of "musical talent"

listen and watch this video closely it only like 28 mins or so, what you will notice about real musical talent like this , he plays every melody and harmony contained in every pop song that ever has been written or will ever be written in this span of 28 mins.( i am not over exaggerating or joking)
    anyone that confuses this "musical talent" with the "popularity talent" is a fukkin joke. cultural phenomenon of hit records are playing with sounds entirely ignorant of how music works these idiots cannot play their way out of a cardboard box.(their 3 and 4 note nursery rhymes over a single 808 note and clap is farthest thing from "musical talent"
    )
    these hit record fools take 2 months to come up with a 4 note melody that oscar peterson plays during one of his farts on the piano stool unconsciously. in 28 mins length of this above video i have demonstrably shown that oscar Peterson plays the melody and harmony or every pop song that has ever existed and will ever exist. he does all this while thinking about what kind of steak he is going to make when he gets home. this IS "musical talent" . anything short f this caliber of musical talent is not worth discussing in any meaningful way.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oscar_Peterson_discography

Last edited: Sep 15, 2018
  10. black.afrika.zulu.x

If making hits requires no talent and is so easy then why don't you make one?

11. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

When I was in high school, i was not the "seeking popularity attention" type in order to validate my self worth.
    Now that I am an adult, that surely has not changed. However i am interested in studying that type of talent (cultural popularity talent) and
    in near future I am going to try to harness that type of talent by attempting to release a hit record. I am going to attempt to do that.
    But there is no doubt of ZERO connection between "musical talent" and "cultural popularity talent".
    there is zero overlap between the two and zero connection between the two.
    the most successful pop icons and biggest hit stars are the least musically talented.
    the people that are perusing musical talent, don't leave their bedroom to see the light of day most the time.
    When i release my hit record someday it will only have to be as good as a mediocre nursery rhyme with some 808s and great vocals production and engineering, it will not have to be anywhere near the range of oscar peterson musical talent.( thank god for that actually haha
    )
    the only drawback this day and age, is we use "music" as a slang to mean ( my ignorant collection of stacked sounds put to a picture of my face abs and ass)
    you ask if it is so easy why would someone NOT do it?

have you ever really thought hard of what kind of freedom you give up as a pop star? you cannot go anywhere or doing anything without worrying about the people recognizing you everywhere you go, that is a different lifestyle all together,
    as a public figure of that caliber, you cannot just live your life anyway you want, your entire life is DICTATED every move you make is controlled.
    THAT IS WHY people don't do it even though it is so easy.

12. black.afrika.zulu.x

OK, let's define a hit as a great song that everybody likes for a very long time--that narrow definition removes this year's TOP 100.

Pavarotti had some hits by that definition, right? And Young Thug doesn't have any, right?

13. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

if we do that we are lying and being dishonest.
    i wish that was the way it worked though.
    have you studied the music industry?
    learned about how everything has been working each step of the process? each person involved?

14. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

At a point in our history ,as a society we voted to make the decision (for better or worse) that we were going to sacrifice musical talent, in order to make it abstract audio art for the popular . we decided it was more valuable to have anyone off the street( totally ignorant of music.) assemble random sounds as a type of art expression of themselves as public figures.
    analogy think if pro football was that anyone that can kick a ball and be popular can go pro not the elite athletes anymore just anyone that has 2 legs and a great photo with compelling story.
    music is not abstract stacking of random sounds.
    music has a deeper level beyond the surface sounds you hear. we decide while ago to kill that redefine music as , whatever sounds you make to go along with your picture. "anyone can do it" mentality. so that we could focus on high school type popularity as being the focus ( for better or worse)
    this is shallow ignorant dumb and pathetic. ( but we did it anyway)
    did trump become president because us citizens glanced through the presidential history and decided that he is the person best matching George Washington or john adams?

this is from the 20's listen to it very closely and in a type of way your not paying attention to the "way it sounds" but the deeper level.

15. black.afrika.zulu.x

Trump is definitely an improvement on George Washington and John Adams--those guys were slave-owning, child-rapists and genocidal megalomaniacs. Trump hasn't gone as far as keeping poor children as sex slaves and making their parents work for free.

Again, I reiterate, if making a hit is so easy why don't you make one?

16. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

are you that retarded? really? okay. the earth is flat then. (shakes head in disappointment)

why dson't i make one? i am going to , and when i do i wont have to focus on any "music" just nursery rhythms for flat earthers. ill only need to get my abs and pecks in good order and plastic surgery on my ears. no need to do anything with music. i got 808s nicca.

17. reliefsan

reliefsan Audiosexual

what is this thread about then?

"talent"
    vs
    "hit"

then we need to establish a commen ground to stand on by defining what we are talking about, when we use labels such as "talent" and "hit"

what is talent?
    what is a hit?

what is air?
    what is love?

it can be many things, but we need to define something to agree upon inorder to meassure those "things" against eachother.

do you mean

"a hit" as in top1 selling record?
    they call it : music business, this industri?
    really it should be labeled as : business-music, wherer the first priority is to make money since its a business. the product we create is music. getting to the top of the money ladder you need to sell your soul to the devil.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 2
    • List
  18. BaSsDuDe

BaSsDuDe Guest

@black.afrika.zulu.x
    @Olymoon

In reply - I won't name them out of courtesy because they can certainly say they do have a few records that have been hits on this site, but that is not my place, it is theirs to say so and he is well liked by many of you (and me). It is not me, but I know who he is and so do a few.
    So maybe it is time to stop assuming based on inflammatory conjecture.
    (ASSUME - makes an ASS of U and ME)

There are so many examples by so many people that have shown you how outlandish and over-generalised the topic is now.
    Maybe lay it to rest because I am not sure you even believe your own thread title.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  19. black.afrika.zulu.x

Celine Dion's "My Heart Will Go On" is a hit. The criteria is: the number of people that have demonstrably enjoyed it over a number of years. How do they demonstrate this enjoyment? Record sales, of course, airplay, of course, also the appearance of the song in cultural references (movie dialogue, TV shows, muzack, etc.). That on its own may be a function of advertising but how has it been sustained? I put it to you that it is a rather enjoyable piece of music although you feel it's beneath you. I would say the same about the "Macarena"...it's silly and childish but very enjoyable and commercially successful.

So, a hit, for me, has (1) long-lasting cultural impact and (2) commercial success.

• Like Like x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  20. m9cao

m9cao Producer

the talent never disappear, of course body can died but the talent still exist in someone's works.
    the truth is everybody have chance to get luck to do something he cant do but it doenst says he has talent,
    he never has talent, even since his born

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List