After 30 Musical Talent Disappears

Discussion in 'Music' started by black.afrika.zulu.x, Sep 14, 2018.

1. Iggy

Iggy Rock Star

Everybody under thirty claiming that no one over thirty can do anything should remember one simple fact: one day, you yourself will either be over thirty or you'll be dead. And before you claim that you don't plan on living past thirty ... I'll get back to you when you're twenty-nine.

2. When I was in NY a couple of years ago this Iggy song was on rotation on a Long Island radio station. Iggy is still happening, still writting good stuff.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. black.afrika.zulu.x

black.afrika.zulu.x Platinum Record

Dre's greatest album was The Chronic. CLASSIC. The other shit was okay...I don't even own it, and I listened to The Chronic cassette on my Walkman every day for two years straight!

Name an artist that released great, innovative music after 30?

Timbaland fell off HARD! He did get into drugs though...I can barely recognise his beats anymore...they sound so generic...

4. DieM

DieM Rock Star

I have messed with music and lyrics from the age of around 15. I am now 50 and getting a hang of the whole concept. I feel that I am starting to write better lyrics and music that I couldn't have done at 15, even vocally. I think that some people hit a peak at a certain age and that might be quite young but others need to grow in maturity before they hit they're stride. So no, I don't think that talent dissapears at around 30. It is an individual thing.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • List
  5. Herr Durr

Herr Durr Guest

I'll go along with that... however, have you seen him trying to walk lately ? :winker:

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  6. Zenarcist

Zenarcist Audiosexual

New track released yesterday by a 51 year old musical dinosaur.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  7. DieM

DieM Rock Star

The thing is, is that having loads of spunk doesn't necessarily mean good songs. Johnny Cash, Aerosmith, Mozart, Beethoven and plenty of other artists have created their best work after this age. I do agree however that younger folks have more energy and are more inclined to use that energy creatively and that they are inclined to produce more work as a result. Some older folk might not create at the same rate as a younger person but their material could well be of a superior quality. I do agree that some artists do their best work before this age though.

8. KungPaoFist

KungPaoFist Audiosexual

I'll raise you a narrow minded audiosexual who probably still doesn't understand basic shit about anything... Oh wait its you, ur good :like::like:

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List
  9. Herr Durr

Herr Durr Guest

you got me there ya ugly mug pug... :mates:, now go make another asphyxiation attempt...

10. KungPaoFist

KungPaoFist Audiosexual

you should try it sometime, I can tell you have a few extra braincells lying around not being used :thumbsup:

11. BaSsDuDe

BaSsDuDe Guest

Somehow I do not think that getting older and smarter is a deficit to the creation of anything artistic.
    The only thing that changes is the path choice or not at all. Stevie Wonder still sounds pretty amazing to me and Sting still sounds pretty good, even Paul McCartney and they all passed 30 years of age a long time ago.
    OVER the age of 30 examples...(I can keep going...)
    John Coltrane wrote his most prolific music at 40 years of age just before he died.
    Jaco Pastorius did his prolific Word of Mouth band over the age of 30.
    Beethoven was at least 34 when he wrote his famous Fifth Symphony.
    Mozart wrote Requiem at 35 years of age on his deathbed.
    One of biggest selling albums and on the charts for 50 years, "A Kind of Blue" was recorded by Miles Davis at 33 years of age.

(NOTE TO THREAD AUTHOR - If you wanted to be safe and not compared to Foster or a Troll, you should have said 90 years of age).

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  12. Herr Durr

Herr Durr Guest

thanks for the suggestion, and I don't always go to Bangkok, but when I do, there won't be a ladyboy up my butt,
    nor ligatures around my neck, this 'tard don't Carradine grasshopper

I want to personally thank you for providing this inspiration, of which @KungPaoFist
    is sorely in need, let's help him to make better use of the neurons he has remaining
    for the fine purposes of music, and be done with his auto-erotic self abuse :bow:

13. KungPaoFist

KungPaoFist Audiosexual

Your loss, I'm guessing the ladyboy's genitals had less to do with that case, I know you're old as well but I'll be happy to explain some of the facts of life with you sometime :mates:

Miles definitely gets a pass in my book, more to the point I hope you don't actually try to make money with your music... You're in for a tough road :winker:

14. KungPaoFist

KungPaoFist Audiosexual

self deleted

15. Iggy

Iggy Rock Star

I'd blame that more on quite a few decades of heroin ingestion than his age. In fact, given that he's probably shot up more H than everyone in Greenwich Village circa 1979 combined, it's amazing that he's even alive today, let alone staggering around and forming (mostly) coherent sentences.

• Interesting Interesting x 2
    • List
  16. Herr Durr

Herr Durr Guest

not so much his age per se, but the high impact stage antics.. I'd imagine..
    tho the heroin might have helped him ignore the pain

17. Yuri

Yuri Rock Star

There's that classic photo of Bowie, Iggy and Lou Reed arm in arm, taken in the early 70s. Somehow Iggy has managed to outlive them both.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  18. refix

refix Platinum Record

this topic greatly offends me. please allow me to display my outrage...

or not.

i secretly live in fear it may be true.

19. KungPaoFist

KungPaoFist Audiosexual

If anyone got worse with age it wasn't because of their talent. Hopefully logic is still a thing! Also anyone who gets offended at age remarks probably has a lot more going against them then their age

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  20. black.afrika.zulu.x

black.afrika.zulu.x Platinum Record

OK then....35! Geniuses can stretch it to 35.

I also gave his pop production a fair listen...what great song has he produced in the last 10 years? Yes....10 YEARS!