Advice on How to Sell my Music

Discussion in 'Education' started by Cixos, Jul 22, 2016.

1. Rasputin

Rasputin Platinum Record

Agree.

It may actually be beneficial to have someone like Timbaland steal your beat and make a hit out of it. In that case, he's done the (nearly) impossible task of breaking a song and you can sue him for a cut.

If some no-name loser steals your beat then well... why worry about some fool with no fans pretending to be a producer.

I really don't get the whole "someone stole my music and posted it on Soundcloud under their own name!" phenomenon of worry. If it's small time then it's not even an issue. If it's big time then that's what lawyers are for.

If you make music good enough for people to steal then you should consider that a good problem to have.

2. subGENRE

subGENRE Audiosexual

Thievery is a form a flattery

3. Qrchack

Qrchack Rock Star

But you're overthinking it. You don't need to register anything. Do it the simple way, set rules - "you pay upfront, then you get the beat in your hands". And you're good to go

4. foster911

foster911 Guest

Thanks sir! I already mentioned that.:bow:
    I never mock anyone. I really love "classically trained" term. People equipped with it, have better understanding of musicality. I always try to acquire it because I think it's the best way for me for making better, meaningful and rich musics. Of course just the theory and harmony related materials not boring classical styles.
    They are just my experimentations not serious tracks for getting help or any idea. I will delete all of them so soon.
    You know please support him not to be limited to just sound-designing. Because it's the biggest subterfuge for not learning the alphabet of music.
    Let me please not agree with that. Everyone knows that "guitarists" are the most pretentious ones on the planet not me. The only thing I don't like about them is their adherence to some trifle and old styles.

No appreciation for my mentioned genres and let me not talk about them.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2016
  5. fraifikmushi

fraifikmushi Guest

Maybe it's time for you to perform a reality check.
    1. Do you want this to be a hobby or do you want to make a living from it?
    2. You are making beats. You are not the next Beethoven. The threshold of originality of what you do is very low. What you do is craft, not artistry. In most genres, what you do is considered a finger excercise, merely a part in creating a song.
    So just make the beat, sell it, and get on with it. Don't overinflate it.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  6. Cixos

Cixos Noisemaker

Thank you all....ill be releasing a project pretty soon...base on the information have red around here

:wink: