Advice for Slow Download Speeds with Real-Debrid/Rapidgator/JDownloader etc. [solved]

Discussion in 'Internet for Musician' started by jimmyjohn, Mar 16, 2021.

1. jimmyjohn

jimmyjohn Member

Hi All,

I've been getting large reductions in speed lately. It's very irritating because it starts off fast but then it lowers itself down to approx 1/6 of my usual top speeds and then it even lowers further down to download speeds that are simply too slow...

It does say sometimes that I have exceeded my hourly download limit in JDownloader... Resetting the links wont work...

I think Rapidgator links seem to be the problem...

I was wondering if anyone would please have some advice to help workaround this problem as its real bottleneck and frustration for me sometimes...

3. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

(when you are on windows, turn windows defender off, because i noticed it does actual scan like wild the files you download and increases significant download speed, had 180 Mbit/s to 24 Mbit/s reduction, while torrenting?)

Do other cyberlockers work, lile Mega, Zippy, Clicknupload, etc? Is it only RG?
    I havnt had RG premium in over a year, but it could be they limit download speed on premium account, you can write the support and ask, they are helpful.

I assume you are RG premium user?

4. Olymoon

Olymoon Moderator

This also could be a limitation form your ISP.
    Try downloading from places like Google drive. If it happens with this site, this is your ISP limiting download speed.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  5. Lemmy

Lemmy Audiosexual

Same here.
    I think it´s not the provider. (Turbobit & Uploaded working fine,most of the time)
    It´s the combination Real Debrid & Rapidgator,
    as you can see directly on Real Debrid Hoster Status:
    EDIT:regarding the mass of DL´s it could be also the provider)
    upload_2021-3-17_11-1-30.jpeg

Last edited: Mar 17, 2021
  6. jimmyjohn

jimmyjohn Member

Thanks @Lemmy @Olymoon @ArticStorm I included three photos of what I'm dealing with.... I got on a bit of a roll for a while but this upended me again... now pretty much all my downloads say "download limits have been reached" or "host is temporarily unavailable".... I havn't figured it out fully yet but it actually seems to be associated with maybe uploaded rather than rapidgator... as can be seen in the images...

Also it definitely seems more common with older files/libraries that I want to download... and it seems to work that one download spoils the rest of the downloads... whenever I hear the captcha sound and when it loads etc. it's sometimes a precursor to things slowing down and terrible speeds...

The only possible solution I think might have worked earlier is to delete the links in JDownloader and having to reload them into the system... This obviously isnt ideal and kinda messy when I've loaded up alot of links... I'm going to look into whether this helps....

I have been downloading alot lately... and @ArticStorm to answer your question... all I pay for is a premium realdebrid subscription, I don't pay rapidgator or uploaded any monies!

Attached Files:

7. Stevie Dude

Stevie Dude Audiosexual

I had that problem sometimes, but not everyday, especially for files that newly uploaded on sister. I assumed it has to do with the amount of people downloading it. Getting used to it already because it doesn't happen everyday to me for rapidgator.

8. Warwick

Warwick Member

Rapidgator's fault. Even if you try to download those certain files with your browser, they don't load correctly.

9. jimmyjohn

jimmyjohn Member

@Stevie Dude @Warwick Thanks for the responses guys... my download list in JDownloader is pretty messy after accidently reordering them but randomly enough things have speeded up the past hour or so and I'm getting solid speeds again... Maybe it is a bit of a waiting game and just fiddle around a bit!

10. Smoove Grooves

Smoove Grooves Audiosexual

Well yes, being patient helps!
    Also note the good times generally are not going to be daylight hours, and definitely not after work-time up until generally accepted bedtime.
    For me, everything is musch faster after 11:30 pm.

11. jimmyjohn

jimmyjohn Member

Thanks @Smoove Grooves... You're right, I left my computer downloading last night and it worked a dream essentially running all night... I was worried some capcha's would cause some problems while I slept but everything came down fine... however this morning again everything has completely driven to a standstill and fiddling around isn't fixing it...

I was wondering if I should bother paying for either or both a rapidgator or uploaded premium account for a short while... I'm not really up to speed on the difference between realdebrid and the premium accounts - do you think i'd see improvements in speed if i went premium?

12. spncart

spncart Producer

Of course lol that's the whole point of premium.

13. Olymoon

Olymoon Moderator

If you can afford a premium account you will really get max out of your connection, specially if used with jdownloader.

14. spncart

spncart Producer

4 eur a month, that's 0.10c a day lol... for thousands of euros worth each month. If you can't afford 4 eur a month you should reconsider your life xD

15. Olymoon

Olymoon Moderator

Believe me, in some country, some people really cant ..

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  16. realitybytez

realitybytez Audiosexual

he's using real-debrid. that is a premium. i use it almost every day. there are days when real-debrid is having heavier than normal use that i have seen download speed slow down to 6 or 7mbit, but never the kind of speeds that the op is talking about. and i have only seen a couple times in the last 8 years that both rapidgator and uploaded were experiencing problems on real-debrid. and definitely not in the past few weeks. there's something else going on there.

17. realitybytez

realitybytez Audiosexual

if you're trying to download all those files at the same time - then the problem is actually you. you need to change your jdownloader settings. set your download management to maximum simultaneous downloads to "2", and your maximum chunks per download to "2". your files will download a lot faster and you'll stop seeing the error messages that you are getting in those pictures you uploaded.

18. jimmyjohn

jimmyjohn Member

Thanks @realitybytez and y'all... ODDLY ENOUGH.... my links were'nt loading very well at all today in JDownloader so I decided to do a fresh install and since installing everything is running perfectly again! Uploaded is running smooth again... I have yet to test out Rapidgator but uploaded wasnt working before so I assume it'll be grand! Could have been the software or maybe i clicked the wrong button somewhere along the way, I know something was unchecked about reconnecting... but Im using a vpn too and always changing... regardless... SUCCESS!! (for now)

19. jimmyjohn

jimmyjohn Member

@realitybytez I could afford it! But who doesn't hate wasting money? It seems the issue wasn't related to my subscription anyway - JDownloader reintall has worked some wonders! But out of curiousity where did you get 4 euro a month from??

Both uploaded and rapidgator cost 10 dollar or euro per month minium and im pretty sure with rapidgator they limit your bandwith too to 1TB so you have to pay more... or do you know any better kabs? @Olymoon @spncart

20. Stevie Dude

Stevie Dude Audiosexual

55.png

2 days already, anyone been experiencing the same thing ? can't download from rapid for 2 days already.

21. spncart

spncart Producer

Nope... real debrid is 4 eur. Who doesn't hate wasting time lol. Learn the Time Value of Money principle. I live in a country where the average salary is 75k a year, 4 eur a month is like 0. On the contrary, wasting time because of low speeds would be a killer, therefore I process it all with JDownloader + real debrid premium. The return on investment (both time and money) is phenomenal.

No bandwidth limit (there is one theoretically but you never hit it, it's like 250GB daily or something).