Adding Suite Plugins to Ableton Standard?

Discussion in 'Live' started by doof, Mar 19, 2016.

1. doof

doof Ultrasonic

i really miss operator in my version (standard). is there any way to use the dll from suite?
    i cant find dlls for any synths in the program folders, just the fx dlls.

is the dll already there but not activated? is it a matter of fixing the auz file?

thnx

3. Pm5

Pm5 Ultrasonic

you can buy it separately on their site for 60-ish bucks.

4. doof

doof Ultrasonic

PM5 thanks but i know exactly how to to go about doing his with cash.. im trying to figure out what changes happen in the software when i purchase, is the auz file altered to include OP license and its unhidden or is there a dll/exe to steal from suite

5. doof

doof Ultrasonic

i see you did add some "no"s to my quote, fair enough but hard to judge how much you know by your very limited answer.
    -is there any way?
    -no.
    i dont believe that.

its a mix of python & blobs eh? ive heard of python scripting, never blob scripting, my bad i guess

6. T4b

T4b Member

Best Answer
    Ableton Live standard and suite have the same installation files. What separates them are the amount of unlocked devices and features. To unlock a certain device, you have to have a working authentication (challenge-code-response-code-mechanism).

I'm aware of two ways to have suite devices in standard working: (1) pay for them. Better upgrade to suite, there is really no point in buying single devices because one devices is nearly as expensive as the upgrade to suite. (2) use the patch from sister site to unlock all devices and features, which in fact turns your legit Live standard into a pirated Live suite.

7. doof

doof Ultrasonic

T4b thank you my friend, your right single devices are overpriced imo. was hoping to add to what i had, trying to avoid the patch
    saving for cubase so im done spending money on ableton, the update was great but too little too late for me

8. T4b

T4b Member

To my knowledge two times a year Ableton has some sale going on. Midst of summer, around July or August IIRC and a christmas sale of course. Best prices in summer with minus 30% on everything, be it upgrades, live packs, even push (2). Watch for the Ableton newsletter when checking your e-mails. Summer sale lasts only three to seven days. (sometimes they extend their three days sale to one week)