adding several (preconfigured) send channels at once in Cubase 12

Discussion in 'Cubase / Nuendo' started by reverbmuddiesmix, May 15, 2022.

1. reverbmuddiesmix

reverbmuddiesmix Member

i have 7 new plugins that are all on individual send channels. each plugin is on a different send channel so i ended up with 7 new send channels which i wanna add to all my existing cubase projects. instead of having to add each of the 7 send channels individually i d want to just add all 7 send channels with one click. is this possible in cubase and if yes how do i do it? i suppose i have to go for a channel preset but how can i kinda group/save these 7 send channels to/as one channel preset?

Last edited: May 15, 2022
  3. boomoperator

boomoperator Rock Star

Not a Cubase user, but templates seem to be just XML files, editable with a text editor.
    So maybe you can add these plugin settings to existing templates that way? Try with a copy of a template first.

4. reverbmuddiesmix

reverbmuddiesmix Member

sorry my OP was misleading. i actually didnt mean templates in the sense of actual templates but i call some of my cubase projects from which i start working templates. i edited my OP now and erased the word templates, so it s no longer confusing. cubase projects are not xml format but their native cpr format, so there is no way i could edit these with a text editor. i therefor hope someone will know how to add multiple chans at once.

5. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

Saving Insert Presets

You can save the inserts of the inserts effect rack for a channel, together with all parameter settings as an inserts preset.
    Inserts presets can be applied to audio, instrument, FX channel, or group tracks.

Prerequisite
    You have loaded a combination of insert effects and the effect parameters are set up for each effect.

Procedure
    1. Select the track.
    2. In the Inspector, open the Inserts section.
    3. On the Inserts tab, click Preset Management and select Save FX Chain Preset.
      [​IMG]
    4. In the Save FX Chain Preset pane, enter a name for the new preset in the New Preset section.
    5. Click OK.
    Result
    The insert effects and their effect parameters are saved as insert preset.

6. reverbmuddiesmix

reverbmuddiesmix Member

thx mate but u missed the point: i know how to save SINGLE channels but i am trying to safe MULTIPLE channels so i can open/add them all with one click. with your method i d have to add my 7 new send channels one by one which is time consuming since i need to do this in around 100 projects so i m looking for a way to add all my 7 new send channels with one click/preset.

7. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

Saving MixConsole Settings
    You can save MixConsole settings for selected audio-related channels in the MixConsole and load them into any project.

Procedure
    1. Select the channels with the settings that you want to save.
    2. Select Functions > Save Selected Channels.
    3. In the file dialog, specify the file name and location.
    4. Click Save.
    Result
    The settings for the selected channels are saved with the file extension .vmx. The input/output routing is not saved.

Last edited: May 16, 2022
  8. reverbmuddiesmix

reverbmuddiesmix Member

nope mate, u didnt get what i am looking for. the link channels feature will only work in the active project. pls read my OP and make sure u understand it: i need to save 7 send channels as a kind of group/bundle preset in order to add all 7 send channels at once in a DIFFERENT project.

9. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

1.) Saving MixConsole Settings
    https://steinberg.help/cubase_pro_a...saving_and_loading_mixconsole_settings_t.html

2.) If you want to transfer the settings with plugins, panner, level etc. from channels to a simultaneous project,
    select the channels and open the tab at the right end of the mixer: there you can save selected channels.
    Mark the same channels in another project and load them in the "same" way.

Saves the faders and effects of the channels and so. This is then a *vmx file. So select all channels, click "Save selected channels......" and then save it as a vmx file and load it again in the other "sister project".
    www.musiker-board.de/threads/cubase-mixer-u-effekte-einstellungen-exportieren.679492/

3.) What is vmx file? How to open vmx files?
    The vmx file extension contains channel and effects settings for the Cubase audio mixer, a part of Cubase audio editing tool for Windows and Mac. It is used for saving and loading custom mixer configurations.

Last edited: May 16, 2022
  10. reverbmuddiesmix

reverbmuddiesmix Member

cool thx a lot. this sounds promising. as i understood it should work with multiple channels at once as they quote channels in plural. i ll try this out

11. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

Yes!

This is then a *vmx file. So mark all channels, click "Save selected channels......"
    and then save it as a vmx file and load it again in the other "sister project".

12. Bandit

Bandit Producer

Yes, save as template. I have template with everything ready, around 80 channels, I can immediately start. Also you can import tracks from other projects (and templates) and yes save insert and sends presets also.