adding new library to cracked kontakt MAC

Discussion in 'Mac / Hackintosh' started by Younes, Jun 11, 2019.

1. Smoove Grooves

Smoove Grooves Audiosexual

Well no. Specifically 'added', not opened.
    Which is why @hayabusa says:
    edit: Oh, sorry @jazzzz! I just realised you already noted a similar mis-wording too!
    Well done.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2019
  2. ATEs

ATEs Newbie

sorry where I can download the 5.6.0? I can't find it anywhere!

3. jazzzz

jazzzz Platinum Record

@ATEs
    5.6.0 is included in the latest version 6 releases on sister site, it appears after the installation process. That's all that we can say about it on this site.

4. ATEs

ATEs Newbie

thank you jazzzz!

5. Younes

Younes Newbie

what you mean by sister site ? thanks in advance

6. Smoove Grooves

7. hayabusa

hayabusa Producer

Thanks guys for the info...my mistake in using words...
    1. Add and not load a library in 5.6.0
    2. In the DAW,6.1.1 to LOAD the library
    That's all understood :wink:

Though, here is what I got by :
    • 1/ADD the Straylight lib with 5.6.0, no problem to ADD
    • 2/Open Live, load my KONTAKT 6.0.2(R50)
    • 3/LOAD the bank STRAYLIGHT and then got the message shown in the picture telling my Kontakt version is too old
    Did anyone get a clue to help me out on this one? Will it help to install the 6.1.1?

Last edited: Jun 14, 2019

Attached Files:

8. Smoove Grooves

Well, Straylight requires Kontakt 6.1, which is higher than 6.0.2!
    Always check the requirements of a library first.

9. TopKnife

TopKnife Newbie

Hi!
    I add my libraries with Kontakt 5.6.0, and I can open them with Kontakt 6.1.1.
    The problem is that all the added libraries (that are not opened from Kontakt 5.6 (new ones)) are in Demo mode with Kontakt 6.
    How can I solve this?
    I did buy Komplete 12 Ultimate and do not have a lot of other added libraries, but the ones I have are to good to be lost (and expensive...)
    Any Help?

Last edited: Jul 23, 2019
  10. jazzzz

jazzzz Platinum Record

With legit Kontakt you are not able to use unregistered libraries. Only with k'ed Kontakt.
    On sister site there is a member who is able to transform libraries to simple instrument patches that would not require registration at all.
    Talk to this guy, he is called imac-ruslan

Or look for threads here that speak about how to use legit and k'ed Kontakt on the same system on mac.

11. Hazza

Hazza Newbie

Hi everyone, sorry to necro this thread but I'm struggling to get a newly purchased (v6.2 min) library to work successfully. I've managed to add using 5.6.0, it appears in the libraries list in K6.2.0 but when I try and load any of the nki's it says "This instrument belongs to a library that is currently not installed". Any ideas?

12. tzzsmk

tzzsmk Audiosexual

You have to open the Kontakt 5.6.0 standalone app (or 5.6.5) and add the library in it. If the library doesn't appear on the left panel, don't worry about it. Just close the app.
    Open this new Kontakt 6 version, and if you can't see that library there, then you have to do the following steps (in case there is a .nicnt file in the library's folder) but first close Kontakt, then:
    1. check the SNPID number of the library, go to the folder of the library and open the .nicnt file (with TextEdit or any similar program), you will find a line like this:
    <SNPID>P74</SNPID>
    (in this case P74 was the ID code of Metropolis Ark 3)
    2. go to your hard drive > Library > Application Support > Native Instruments > Service Center, and look for the .xml file with the name of that desired library, open it with TextEdit and you will see that the SNPID number there is 000 which indicates that Kontakt somehow hasn't been able to add it properly. Change that three zeros with the ID code you found in the .nicnt of that library, then save and close TextEdit. And you're ready to use the library in the new Kontakt.
    During this process Kontakt app should not be opened!
    If you encounter the problem where Kontakt prompts you after you try to load the instrument that "This instrument belongs to a library that is currently not installed", in this case delete the library's .xml file from:
    your_hard_drive > Library > Application Support > Native Instruments > Service Center
    And also delete the com.native-instruments.{library's name}.plist file from:
    your_hard_drive > Library > Preferences
    Then try to add the library again in Kontakt 5.6.0 and follow the SNPID workaround from above again.

:chilling:

13. jazzzz

jazzzz Platinum Record

Oh, it's cool to see this guide here, after Cashmere having deleted her releases on sister site including some Kontakt versions where this text was created/posted initially, I felt angry and little motivation to rewrite it.

14. tzzsmk

tzzsmk Audiosexual

origins of this text are from ages of analog audio, before Cash was born :cool:

15. Pinkman

Pinkman Audiosexual

Firewall the standalone Kontakt application along with Native Access and Service Center.
    Like @SineWave says: Internet is bad on your music making machines.
    Yes.

16. Hazza

Hazza Newbie

Thanks so much! Should have said, I had tried the SNPID thing already. The weird thing is the SNPID in the .nicnt file is actually '000'. When I tried initially it didn't get added at all. So I went in and changed the .nicnt SNPID to '001', deleted both the .xml and .plist files and ran it again. This time the lib shows in the list, but K6 still says "This instrument belongs to a library that is currently not installed". Have tried repeating the process disconnected from the internet. What could be going wrong?

EDIT: I just checked on the PC 6.2.1 package and there is a list of product SNPID numbers. My lib is listed as W51.. is there something that goes on in the activation stage that put the right number on it?

Last edited: Jan 29, 2020
  17. Hazza

Hazza Newbie

Can you please clarify.. so Little Snitch Kontakt.. but how would Native Access or Service Centre be able to run without connection to NI? Or do I not snitch the other NI connections?

18. Hazza

Hazza Newbie

Ok I've cracked it.. I changed the SNPID in the .nicnt to the correct one (no idea why it's installed wrong), reran the 5.6 add.. the .xml was saying '000' so corrected that as well.. all working! Many thanks everyone.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  19. iltastieraio

iltastieraio Newbie

Hi everyone, why can't I find in the My HD> Library> Application Support> Native Instruments> Service Center the xml files of my cracked libraries? I have the same problem as someone in this topic: I add the Spitfire "Olafur Arnalds Toolkit" library on Kontakt 5 standalone, I close, I open Kontakt6 in Logic but I can't find it. Thank you.

20. tzzsmk

tzzsmk Audiosexual

most likely you're not opening MacOS Library, but user Library folder;
    you can use hotkey combination CMD+SHIFT+. to show/hide hidden files on MacOS :wink: