Adding Kontakt Instrument 'Noire'?

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by ted2020, May 30, 2020.

1. ted2020

ted2020 Noisemaker

Ok so this maybe a simple and easy question, as I have just downloaded a k'd version of Native Instruments 'Noire' Piano plug in.

I also have Kontakt 5.8.1 (r43) k'd which i eventually after some effort and help from this forum, managed to get my older k'd libraries into, and have to say it works great..

Now I need to add this 'Noire' library (all my kontakt instruments and libraries) are on a 2nd drive external.

I don't seem to have any instructions on installing 'Noire' so thought i'd ask here, before doing something silly and falling into the rabbit whole of Kontakt libraries failing, not showing, loading and the other hell that we encounter!

If it helps, I have

1. INSTRUMENTS folder with 'Noire Felt.nki and 'Noire Pure.nki'
    2. SAMPLES folder = Noire 1.0 up to Noire_7 of various .nkx (large) .nkc and some ,nkr files? (20 in total)
    3. SNAPSHOTS folder = Noire Felt Folder & Noire Pure Folder both with (Grand Piano, Particles, Sound Design, Vintage)
    4. Noire.ninct file

Can anyone give any guidance and order of installation to install the above correctly?

thank you for any help in advance..

3. jazzzz

jazzzz Platinum Record

NI libraries tend to have an installer, too. And you are strongly recommended to use it.

4. Valnar

Valnar Rock Star

Noire needs Kontakt 6, you add any library that contains .ninct files like this one with kontakt 5.6.x (where native access wasnt mandatory for adding libraries) and launch them in the minimum required kontakt version (in this case 6.1 or so check the noire website from native instruments)

edit: jazzzz is right

1. check installer, if there is none:
    2. check for a ninct and add with kontakt 5.6, if it has none:
    3. add manually to quickload

5. ted2020

ted2020 Noisemaker

Thanks never saw the Kontakt 6 requirement

Do you think I could use Kontakt Player 6+ for this and does it have to be k’d Version to read the k’d Noire library ?

I don’t see a particular installer as such just a list of files which look like the library and samples at around 15GB worth?

I just didn’t want to mess up my current Kontakt set up by migrating everything to 6 with a k’d version when everything is sweet on 5.8.1

But it sounds like I might need to both to add libraries and use Kontakt player 6 to play them.

I should point out that Player would be fine for me either version as I don’t do in-depth editing in full Kontakt

6. Valnar

Valnar Rock Star

i dont know just use cracked kontakt lol

then add the .ninct via kontakt 5.6

you can use all three 6, 5.8 and 5.6, at least it works on my mac so it should on windows too

its not about editing, kontakt player lets you only install a small handful of free libraries (developers need to pay a fee to make it available for kontakt player while its free for them to make a library for full kontakt) and probably none of the cracked ones (not sure on that, you can try it out if you got time to waste :))

7. ted2020

ted2020 Noisemaker

Thanks for your replies here.. Ok so i'm not sure the procedure on how to add the .ninct via kontakt 5.6 exactly? as its a strange file that Kontakt obviously only recognises.

The good news is that I found and downloaded the Kontakt 6.2.1 (R42) for Mac AND copied over the cracks as instructed..

Luckily it looks like it installed all ok (I use Ableton Live 10 Suite) legit, and Kontakt 5 and Kontakt 6 seem to be both there! and working with the same libraries, which I thought I'd f*ck up!!

So now I have both working in VST and AU how would I add 'Noire' exactly to (i think 5.6 first?) for it to be used in 6.2.1? (as NI states it needs Version 6.0.4 or higher)

Thank you for any help or even a youtube install video may help?

(as mentioned I don't think I have an installer in my package but the sample files, and the .ninct - so its just a case of knowing what , goes where and in what order? :)

8. jazzzz

jazzzz Platinum Record

When adding a library in Kontakt 5.6.0 standalone app, it does not check the minimum requirement. Kontakt only checks it when you LOAD the instrument.
    And Kontakt 5 and 6 both use the same Service Center location, that's why it's possible to add newer libraries in Kontakt 5.

9. Valnar

Valnar Rock Star

Yes.

Open Kontakt 5.6
    Click on "Add library" in the upper left corner
    Select the folder where the .ninct is located
    easy no? :wink:

10. ted2020

ted2020 Noisemaker

Thank you... yes done this..

Added folder to my Ext Library Drive. (Folder contains .ninct too)

Opened Standalone K5 and added Noire. Asked me to authenticate etc all seems fine.

Opened Ableton Live

Opened K6 and Noire not showing in Libraries tab?

Opened K6 > Files and to drive/folder where Noire is.. went to open the 'Noire FELT.nki and I get the error :

''This instrument belongs to a library that is currently not installed''

?

As mentioned I don't have an installer (.dmg?) in the folder but everything else it seems in the 15Gb Noire Folder?

11. Valnar

Valnar Rock Star

if you use MacOS, i have a fix:

12. ted2020

ted2020 Noisemaker

Genius! This worked!! Thank you again, Valnar!

I knew I had done something similar to this before, changed a SNPID and resaved the txt file

Does this work for anything thats not showing or recognised?

Thank you!!

13. Smoove Grooves

Smoove Grooves Audiosexual

Just to inform you; no, you didn't!
    You downloaded a "shared library". Not even a plugin.
    There is no such thing as a cracked library. Only cracked Kontakt.

14. ted2020

ted2020 Noisemaker

So does this mean then that you can use legit kontakt libraries but in a k'd Kontakt if you change the SNPID so the k'd recognises it?

15. Valnar

Valnar Rock Star

so far, yeah :)

nope its pretty random, most of the times you dont have to use that trick, i only had this happening with 2-3 libraries so far and i "own" dozens :)

16. Smoove Grooves

Smoove Grooves Audiosexual

As opposed to what other type of library?

17. ted2020

ted2020 Noisemaker

I was always told that k'd Kontakt wouldn't open legit Libraries and vice versa.. so that a Legit Kontakt wouldn't open the k'd libraries i've already got over the years?

Is this incorrect? as I was looking at getting Legit Kontakt with updates etc, as part of Komplete?
    But what put me off, was not being able to use the libraries i've used for years, with my k'd Kontakt, especially as the legit version now uses this 'Native Access' centre? surely I'd be screwed there??

18. Olymoon

Olymoon Moderator

Guys, please use pm for your love effusions, thank you.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List