Addictive Trigger not showing in Studio One

Discussion in 'Software' started by MaxSxB, Aug 7, 2022.

1. MaxSxB

MaxSxB Platinum Record

Hi,

I wanted to give a shot to Addictive Trigger (latest R2R version available on sister site), and messed up the installation. I opened Studio One before R2R's authorization and got an error message. Then I uninstalled - reinstalled and did everything correctly in the right order. But the plugin is nowhere to be found (despite it being scanned when starting S1, saw it in the logs).

I got a C12 installed as well, and it does show up and work perfectly. I did clear the VST blacklist in S1, both from the UI and manually in the Roaming folder, but I can't get it to show up. Any idea ?

3. Ryck

Ryck Guest

Do you have the "scan at startup" option enabled on S1? Can you see the vst in the folder where it is installed? for example programfile/vst once you see the vst, try moving the vst to another folder or create a folder there and move it. It's what I do when I also screw up with a plugin.

4. Auxiee

Auxiee Member

:disco:

Last edited: Aug 7, 2022
  5. MaxSxB

MaxSxB Platinum Record

Out of ALL things possible I wouldn't have thought that simply moving the DLL into a new subfolder would do the trick :dunno: thanks a lot @Ryck ! Works like a charm

BTW, I had the box checked and I even deleted the VST2 folder in the scanlist to force a new clean scan. After I got it working, I tried to move it back where it previously were, and it again wasn't detected. Moved back is the subfolder, works like a charm. There is something wrong here, but it doesn't matter anymore.

Out of curiosity, I'd still like to know the cause of the problem

6. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

Uninstall and completely delete FXpansion
    C:\Program Files\FXpansion
    C:\Program Files (x86)\FXpansion
    C:\Users\YourName\Documents\FXpansion
    C:\Program Files\Vstplugins\FXpansion
    C:\Program Files (x86)\VSTPlugins\FXpansion

Hidden Folder
    C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Roaming\FXpansion
    C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Roaming\FXpansion\LicenseManager

Registry (Regedit)
    Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\FXpansion
    Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\FXpansion

After deleting, please restart the PC and reinstall the Software.
    Then scan the DAW for newly installed plugins.

7. MaxSxB

MaxSxB Platinum Record

@BEAT16 Addictive Trigger is from XLN Audio, not FXpansion, I think you made a mistake ! But thanks for the advice. When I uninstall a plugin, I always check in all these places for leftover files. That's what I did when I reinstalled AT as well, and as I said in my previous comment it's now working perfectly. It's just this Studio One thing blacklisting the DLL in a particular folder and not another that's I'm curious to solve. Not a big deal as, again, it works now !

8. Ryck

Ryck Guest

Best Answer

I am equal to you. I always try to find the root problem, but the truth is that S1 always makes those moves with the vst, I have spent hours and hours with some vst, so I directly do that, I move the vst and that's it. I don't know why it does that, as if somewhere it "memorized" that in that place of the vst it is a kind of "blacklist".

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  9. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

Next time please post the specific plugin that won't install normally so we can all understand it here.

Scanning for plug-ins
    If you have installed a compatible VST plugin, and that plug-in is not showing up in Studio One, please follow these instructions to resolve the issue:

1. Startup Studio One, click on the Studio One menu, open Options, and click the "Locations" icon.

2. Select the VST Plug-ins tab.

3. Make sure the 'Scan at startup’ box is checked.

4. Click the Reset Blacklist button, then click Yes to confirm.

5. In the Locations listing below, make sure that the following plug-in folders are in the list. If they're not, click Add and browse to these locations to add them to the list.

Always read the enclosed NFO. With FXpansion - R2R, it used to be like this: You had to open the plugin in the DAW once and then close the DAW again. FXpansion was always a little tricky. With some others you had to install a standalone with, so that the registration also worked. But it was also in the NFO so drin.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2022