Addictive drums 2 external midi problem

Discussion in 'Mac / Hackintosh' started by Darkiguan, Aug 21, 2017.

1. Darkiguan

Darkiguan Noisemaker

Hi guys!

I got a problem with Additive Drums 2 (2.0.7)...I'm trying to install some MIDI drum tracks but it always gives me an error message (could not open external midi folder) as soon as I click on "open external midi folder" in the help (?) menu. I'm getting the message in Cubase as well as with the standalone version. Anybody knows what is the problem?

Thanks!

3. Kloud

Kloud Guest

Could be a few things I guess. Where is external midi folder located?
    When you say you are trying to install some MIDI tracks what do you mean? Can you access user midi folder at all?
    Normal procedure though varies for AD & access is that MIDI can be copied to user midi folder to the AD2 & stored in external midi" folder.
    Say standard location for midi would be something like C:\Users\NAME\Documents\Addictive Drums 2\External MIDI Files.
    Normally you would Place external MIDI files in this folder and then you choose “Refresh MIDI Library” in the Help Button [?] menu. Refresh library & midi should appear There is also a powermap feature for GM -
    If you are importing midi files with GM mapping that needs to be remapped, create a folder named GM and in that folder put the map file named GM.AD2Map. All midi files in that folder and subfolders will be remapped using GM.AD2Map.
    Could also be a prroblem with acessing the external folder as in drive etc or permissions.
    Best of luck :bow:

4. Darkiguan

Darkiguan Noisemaker

Ah yeah I forgot to mention I'm on MAC but yeah, you're probably right. I'll throw an eye on it after the job. Thanks a lot for your help!!

5. Darkiguan

Darkiguan Noisemaker

IT WORKS!! The target folder wasn t named correctly so Addictive Drums was unable to locate it and open it. Thanks again for your help Kloud!

6. Kloud

Kloud Guest

No problems and glad you solved it.
    I Started using using AD2 and other XLN stuff a bit more recently.
    Is a cool sound and real useful.
    Nice one :yes: :bow:

7. Juanse

Juanse Newbie

Hi! Reviving the thread because I have the same problem on mac ("could not open external midi folder" error) and couldnt find where this folder should be located.
    tried /Library/Application Support/XLN Audio/Addictive Drums 2 , but not there. tried creating it there just in case but error persists. Any ideas? Thank you !!!!

8. NeXT

NeXT Ultrasonic

/Users/YourUserName/Library/Application Support/Addictive Drums 2/External MIDI Files

9. Juanse

Juanse Newbie

oh. didn't know there was a separate "user" Library. Fixed it. thank you!