Addicted to refreshing the sister site.

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by VSKZ, Oct 27, 2022.

1. VSKZ

VSKZ Producer

I need to refresh it every 30 minutes. Just waiting for the releases I want to pop off. I hope I'm not the only one.

3. dondada

dondada Rock Star

its easier to just look for the stuff you need, collecting is useless.

making music is not!

4. BagelShaggerz

BagelShaggerz Platinum Record

The reason behind refreshing the page till my cunt bangers fall off is that some releases only stay up for a little while until they are forced to a takedown request so if you're shit outta luck then that's all that you got. GongAmp. I will never forget.

5. mk_96

mk_96 Audiosexual

Why though? It's basically sample packs and re-released old stuff lately.

6. Slavestate

Slavestate Platinum Record

Novel concept, you could learn to use what you have already and actually do something worthwhile instead of just hoarding cracked software.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. clone

clone Audiosexual

Once it is here, it is too late. You can find anything that has been dmca'd. easily :)

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  8. amanamission

amanamission Ultrasonic

r u experienced?

9. birdboi

birdboi Producer

I usually come to the sister site everyday to see if this one plugin I really want has been cracked or not.

Until it has, I'll be waiting patiently :wink:

10. Sylenth.Will.Fall

Sylenth.Will.Fall Audiosexual

You gotta be careful though. Just remember why you want all these plugins in the first place. It SHOULD be to assist you in making music, not to be able to show your friends what a great vst collection you have.

11. Ryck

Ryck Guest

If it happens to me. Now I don't log in as often. But sometimes I log in several times a day and go through the pages over and over again. I think it's a mix of things. On the one hand, you get fond of the site. Then you go in and see if anything new comes up (whether it's useful to you or not).
    For example the other day I saw that "ToneX" for Mac was released, and I said to myself, wow! how cool for Mac users and also how nice that they deciphered it. But not to do bad to the companies, but because of how talented the teams are. I know that many people who have the money, try it and buy it from the Vst. Also you have the free stuff section and now they are releasing old VST's from those teams. So I think I understand you, it can also be a bit of an addiction to collect vst or download. But I think it's more of an affection for the site.

But maybe it is true what the colleagues here say.
    It's not a question of stopping making music just because you have all the VSTs on the market. And that I realized this last time and is one of the reasons why I do not enter so much now. I'm dedicating more time to make music and try vst that I haven't tried yet, or that I still don't fully understand how they work. So they are right too, a dose of brother site and a dose of music. xD

12. clone

clone Audiosexual

For those of us who are DAW centric musicians, meaning computer based production; do you go read Angies' List while you are doing a bounce or listening to a channel solo'd? lol. Of course not. You minimize to your browser and look at some music pages. If it's a long bounce, maybe head over to macprovideo and watch a tutorial.

They call people who do this with regular news websites as "Doom Scrolling". And how it is not very good for you at all. I'd rather see r2r smoke a windows program that I can't use than look at Covid infection rates. When you tell someone to "go make music", you are telling them you may actually have to go somewhere to engage in such activity. :)

Last edited: Oct 28, 2022
  13. Ryck

Ryck Guest

Doom Scrolling by looking at the sister site repeatedly? I don't think so. There are people who spend their time watching Tik Tok Shi*t videos. For me it's more nourishing to check the sister site, read comments, look at AS what's new, etc. While I take a break. I think everyone chooses where they want to spend their "break" time, that doesn't mean it's Doom Scrolling. At least for my point of view.

14. clone

clone Audiosexual

KVR could have like, a feed or something. :bow:

15. Ryck

Ryck Guest

I did not understand what you meant.

16. ELJUNTADERO2022

ELJUNTADERO2022 Producer

that happens to me with the STL Tone y.y

17. ELJUNTADERO2022

ELJUNTADERO2022 Producer

yeee i was there at the beggining of my sailing xd ... til in one moment random of my life... i think... why im doing this? xd LOL then... i just focus on comments and search for tools or comments that can help me with my problem at the moment i have it to solve it. like when you are starting a song, then you want to mix it and then master it.... you always have to go with objectives.

18. BagelShaggerz

BagelShaggerz Platinum Record

Definitely that but I have to take a break eventually from abusing my ears for hours so it doesn't bother me to listen to something else for a bit, smoke and take a shit while I throw something on download as I return back to my track while it loads up in the background. If I downloaded something that was not worth my time then it only took up like 10 mins of my attention while i'm taking a break anyways. It's the whole point of testing before I buy for me, taking the time to find out what's right for you and what's not. I'm not losing any work time over a download though.

I know and I also know some people have some RSS feed set up to auto push the new uploads to them but finding it on another site is already twice removed to me in my head cause I'd rather get it straight from the source even though I have mostly been fine searching Yandex or another site but it still feels sketchier than the safest bet to me.

I think he might be saying that KVR is THE database for all the new things constantly added to their feed but to me it's more important what I can truly demo before I decide to fork out and purchase it with the help of Twisted Sister.
    [​IMG]