Adam Szabo Viper - Is it possible to have an init preset by default?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Martroser, Dec 30, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Martroser

Martroser Newbie

Title says it all pretty much. I really wouldn't understand why I need to make three extra clicks to get started. I've tried overwriting the factory banks and even deleting them to no avail. I'm using FL so I could save the channel state, and the same goes for Live, but I'd prefer not to. I like to tinker with other DAWs as well. I'm also using a cracked version, not sure if it is the latest version (1.0.91) but as I said, I really don't understand why it wouldn't be a feature since its inception.

If anyone has figured this out - maybe I've missed something terribly obvious, please let me know.

3. ziked

ziked Producer

The VST spec doesn't have anything built in that can force a plugin to load a specific bank, nor does it have a built in bank init or patch init feature.

The only thing you can really do AFAIK is what you're already doing, clear the bank or patch manually and save the channel state in FL, and load that instead of the plugin's default state.

I've had to make my own init presets in cases where there was no init feature or no init preset in the bank. And I just load that bank/preset/state as needed. Can't be helped really.

4. Sylenth.Will.Fall

Sylenth.Will.Fall Audiosexual

According to the manual .

" If you would like to start a
    preset from scratch and load all the parameters default
    setting, select the Init Preset from the menu."

I take from that you can rename ANY preset with that name and so create your own default.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  5. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

There is a set init option in the menu, i forgot where, it needed a bit of searching.

you can replace the default loaded Factory soundset with an init bank. (Not sure if AS could provide an init bank? Otherwise somebody needed to create one.)

6. Martroser

Martroser Newbie

And how can I do that? As I said, I've tried replacing the soundbank, including removing them.

7. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

You cannot change presets from sound designers. They are protected.

Begin with: MENU - INIT - SAVE BANK

[​IMG]

8. Martroser

Martroser Newbie

This does not achieve anything for me. If I wasn't clear enough in my first post, let me elaborate what exactly I mean by "Is it possible to have an init preset by default?"

When you open Viper, by default, the first factory bank is loaded. This means the default preset when opening Viper will be "001: SQ Arena AS", which means for me to get an init preset, it will take me 3 clicks- Menu->Init->Oscillator Balance. You can argue that is 2 clicks, but I want only one oscillator to truly start from scratch.

So what I've tried is renaming/replacing/deleting this factory bank, but it will still load it on startup. I can't find a way to have an init preset by default, there does not seem to be an option for that, which is crazy to me.

Attached Files:

9. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

You make an INIT preset and save it as a sound bank - give your sound bank and your preset a name. Now you save that as a project etc. in your DAW. The next time you open your DAW you load your project and you have the last setting you made. I've saved all my synthesizers like this, one click and I'm where I was before. So save it in your DAW.

10. trutzburg

trutzburg Kapellmeister

Regarding the Init bank/Patch you seem to be right. The default soundbank is integrated into the synth's binary code. That is common with most Flowstone/Synthedit environments. Maybe there is a workaround that Adam Szabo can provide, like a special named factory preset (bank). One of the five factory sound banks is indeed a "Viper empty Soundbank" fxb. But you have to load it manually. That would be five clicks.
    Version 1.0.91 is the latest. Note that Adam Szabo is a member of this forum.

11. Martroser

Martroser Newbie

This is not a solution. I will not load in an arbitrary amount of Viper instances and apply these settings to them and have them sitting there waiting for me to be used. Any other projects where I want to load Viper still suffer from the issue. I'll wait for an update where this is fixed, and yes I say fixed because it honestly can't be such an autistic idea to not want the same factory preset loaded every time you open the plugin, I swear I am so disgusted by this preset already I can't stand listening to it anymore and I am afraid of having my hands on the keyboard accidentally playing a note that just keeps reverberating. END RANT.

Mr. Szabo if you are reading this; if you make the changelog public, I swear I will buy the plugin once I can see something relevant in it.

12. Barbarossa

Barbarossa Platinum Record

How can R2R PrinceEugen be removed (or rewritten) from Gui?

13. Brokken

Brokken Newbie

In Soviet Bitwig you can create an init preset by yourself and save the init state as default by hand by right-clicking the module inside bitwig.

14. clone

clone Audiosexual

After you put the binary next to the plugin, you just click load bank and then browse to where you keep your TI files.

15. adamszabo

adamszabo Ultrasonic

You can remove that by purchasing your own license, and you can have your own name there, so you can show on your livestreams that you are not using a pirated version and you are supporting the developers hard work.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  16. ih8ms

ih8ms Ultrasonic

Used this gem a ton of times after I bought it in early December :) On a side note, it would be nice to have an installer so I don't have to manually move all the files and download the Virus TI wavetables and move them in the folder :) Top notch presets also!