Adam Szabo JP6K

Discussion in 'Software' started by tulamide, Jun 4, 2017.

1. tulamide

tulamide Audiosexual

3. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

25$? Fuck me....

The great white Nexus killer.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. virusg

virusg Rock Star

this needs more advertisement also Ummet Ozcan had Genesis Pro n the works but its kind of dead

[​IMG]

:(

5. Qrchack

Qrchack Rock Star

• Like Like x 2
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  6. Bunford

Bunford Audiosexual

Genesis was ok but wouldn't be anywhere near Viper, which Adam Szabo's new project!

Last edited: Jun 4, 2017
  7. Bunford

Bunford Audiosexual

I have been using this for ages. Even sold my Roland 8080 rack cos of this plugin....and cos I needed cash at the time :rofl:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  8. tulamide

tulamide Audiosexual

This is no joke: I programmed the whole Arpeggiator's GUI and user interaction. So, if you think it sucks to use the arp, blame it on me, not Adam!

And Viper is a fantastic beast. The sound is just knocking me off. You can't tell if you're hearing Virus or Viper. Adam is just gifted!

• Love it! Love it! x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  9. DanielFaraday

DanielFaraday Platinum Record

Why just don't buy the actual h/w unit if you need that iconic virus sound? Btw demo not impressed at all. Some examples sounds way too different.

10. Bunford

Bunford Audiosexual

Huh? I said Genesis was ok (made by Ummet Oczan) and said Viper was looking much better. Don't get your response as if I had attached Viper or it's GUI or something?! I actually praised it if ypu read my comment properly!

11. Bunford

Bunford Audiosexual

Because I have a Virus A but the later ones (from C onwards) have a gnarlier bite to them. Viper seems to be catching that to my ear and will without a doubt be way cheaper than a Virus Ti or Polar that I would like, but not all of us can just buy the hardware unit at will!

Last edited: Jun 12, 2017
  12. tulamide

tulamide Audiosexual

Oh, you got me wrong! Or it is the language barrier. I'm just so damn proud but wasn't allowed for over a year to talk about Viper. I know being proud of the Arp in Viper is a bit like bragging, but I really am proud of it. I just wanted to point out that, if you buy it, blame me, if Viper's arp is a hassle to handle :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  13. Bunford

Bunford Audiosexual

Might have been a mis-expression of a non-native language speaker causing confusion :)

I'm sure it will be good though. I just hope Adam releases it soon goddamit!:rofl:

14. Psychoacoustic

Psychoacoustic Producer

Are you allowed to talk about when Viper will be available to purchase?

15. tulamide

tulamide Audiosexual

Unfortunately not. But I may hint that the big work is done, and it's more about the finishing touches. Regarding a date he's just as mean to me as he is to you :yes:

16. Placeholder

Placeholder Ultrasonic

Personally, I've always used the 'Digital Osc" in u-he Diva for the JP8k, but I can get behind Adam's work. Especially since it's one dude and it's super affordable ^^. There also hasn't been a true Virus plug-in that I can think of, so this'll definitely be a first! 90's Trance is so nostalgic and it's definitely got that sound :winker:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  17. Herr Durr

Herr Durr Guest

well.. at least many DAW's will auto-bridge these days... some nice thick sounds in this one for sure..

18. angie

angie Producer

Maybe I'm wrong, but the feedback oscillator, that is in my opinion the most interesting feature of the JP 8000/8080 is not modeled..

19. tulamide

tulamide Audiosexual

I asked about this, and you're right. It isn't modeled. His focus was on trance producers, and the supersaw is what is most attracting to them. Also, he did some research back then, and he came to the conclusion that the feedback osc is a supersaw sent through a variable feedback comb filter, then sent through distortion. Maybe that's info helping you to re-create the feedback osc?

TO ALL ASKING ABOUT VIPER:
    I'm allowed to share that Adam is currently writing the manual. Following will be the final collecting of sound patches and waveforms (the contributers might be interesting to some of you), and the updating of his website. Estimated time: Up to two months! So expect it around mid to late august.

20. Qrchack

Qrchack Rock Star

Is AAX planned?

21. Placeholder

Placeholder Ultrasonic

The Feedback is definitely in u-he Diva :)