ADAM Audio Back in Business with New Owner!

Discussion in 'Soundgear' started by theDingus, Dec 15, 2014.

1. theDingus

theDingus Audiosexual

ADAM'S BACK!

[​IMG]

New German investment company CWM acquired all of the assets of loudspeaker manufacturer ADAM Professional Audio (known as ADAM Audio) last Friday, 11 December, and aims to bring production back up to speed and invest in new products.

ADAM Audio filed for bankruptcy in mid-November to seek a restructured solution following a shortfall in capital after taking on “too many projects and products”.

CWM is a Munich-based holding company formed by financial entrepreneurs including (managing directors) Sebastian Canzler and Ferdinand von Wrede. Canzler says: “ADAM Audio is known worldwide in the pro-audio industry for its superb speakers. Due to the high precision and quality of the products as well as the large technical expertise of its employees, the company has become very quickly a leading supplier of professional audio monitors. All of this provides a very good basis for further growth, which we strive for together with the existing team.”

Sven Schmöle, managing director of ADAM Audio since February 2011, says: “With CWM we have a partner on our side that supports our passion for innovation and helps us realise our full potential. Our task now is to resume production as soon as possible in order to supply our customers with products again.”

Head of marketing André Zeugner notes: “We are all totally busy to ramp up production again. Production and shipping of F-, AX- and SX-Series will start at the beginning of next year, [in] January and February.” He says that all outstanding orders will be fulfilled.

ADAM Audio was established in Berlin, Germany in 1999. Co-founder and head of R&D Klaus Heinz has now left the company.

ADAM Audio’s portfolio offers professional studio monitors, a multimedia loudspeaker line, home theatre andinstallation speakers, and high-end ‘Tensor’ speakers for home listening. The company operates sales offices in the USA, Great Britain and China. Products of ADAM Audio are distributed on a worldwide scale within a network of distributors and dealers in more than 75 countries.

More Info: ADAM Audio

3. kimikaze

kimikaze Platinum Record

Never doubt about that, "bankrupcy" is just a faze of capitalistic system, is build in "core", the same as a recurring crises. Every Company will face with it, sometimes even is abused.

4. Clandestine

Clandestine Platinum Record

Great news! Well pleased for all the staff & employees & hope it written in to the contract that they keep their Jobs :wink:

5. SineWave

SineWave Audiosexual

Interesting, just the other day I've been comparing ADAM A7Xs with Dynaudio BM6As, Focal CMS65, and my Dynaudio BM12As, and I thought that they aren't that bad at all. Still love my Dynaudio BM12As, and I think both Dyn BM6s and Focal CMS65s sound a tad better than ADAM A7Xs, but I think they sound rather fine, better than I remember them. Well, I compared an older model of ADAMs then, like 4 years ago, can't remember which, but they were big with an 8" bass driver ones. These newer models seem to sound better, yes. I'm glad they are back in business! :wink:

6. theDingus

theDingus Audiosexual

Their new CB series seems interesting. :wink:

[​IMG]

7. Studio 555

Studio 555 Producer

@ TheDingus,

*yes* But can seem expensive too !!!

[​IMG]

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

8. Evorax

Evorax Rock Star

BM6s and Focal CMS65s are both more expensive than A7X, so ADAM A7X are still the best bang for the buck in that price range.
    One CMS65 speaker costs as much as ADAM A77X 3-way model and in this comparision A77X wins instantly. :mates:

9. Zenarcist

Zenarcist Audiosexual

Have you tried the Neumann KH120A? These have my attention at the moment.

10. SineWave

SineWave Audiosexual

He he, what made you mention my next pair of speakers, Zenarcist? :wink: At least I wish I end up buying them *yes* Yeah, I kinda already decided to buy Neumann KH120A to complement my Dyns, but not just yet as I have some other stuff to buy currently.

@Evorax: Absolutely agreed regarding A7Xs being great bang for the buck! :wink: After this listening and comparing session I can certainly recommend them. But as always, it's really good if one can afford at least two, different sounding, good pairs of monitors + some crap PC "boxes". :wink:

A7Xs would go nicely with Neumanns or Focals, or cheap Yamaha HS5 or 7 in my opinion. I actually wanted to buy Yamahas as my second pair... but Neumanns just sound too good and they're not that expensive. They sound better than Focals to me, and Focals CMS65 cost more. However, I might still end up with Yamaha HS7s or maybe MSP7, though, depending on how some things turn out for me next year.

Cheers :mates: !

11. Zenarcist

Zenarcist Audiosexual

I have noticed the Neumann KH120A being included in various comparison threads that include the other models that you mentioned. The feedback on them is terrific. I am guessing the price is competitive as Neumann seek to gain a foothold into the monitor market, but a little research shows that it is a continuation of the Klein + Hummel brand - now being marketed under the Neumann name - which itself needs no introduction.

http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/apr12/articles/neumann-kh.htm

12. Studio 555

Studio 555 Producer

1. You can't afford some expensive and/or prestigious 'Studio Monitors' Models... :sad:
    2. You are prone (or prefer) to make your 'Mastering', 'Mixing', 'Listening',... stuff with your 'beloved' Studio Headphones (by cons, it's better that these ones are rather of good quality !)... *yes*

Here you have a (tested) suggestion :

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Focusrite VRM Box

Some Users could (perhaps !) be very surprised of what that (almost) insignificant 'Little Box' can do !!! :wow: *yes* (through their 'beloved' Studio Headphones).

P.S: 'ADAM Professional Audio' will certainly fire or shoot me !!! :rofl: , nevertheless one of their prestigious 'Models' is available as well : 'ADAM S2.5A'. :thumbsup:

13. Evorax

Evorax Rock Star

VRM Box may help as a reference or "enviroment/speaker" feeling, but it can't generate the real crosstalk between speakers and pure feedback of a real room or the sound coming from a real speaker.
    It's great for reference or "on the road" work, but not as a main monitoring option.
    Instead of taking this "easy path" which doesn't offers that much and it would also affect the health of our eardrums, i'd rather starve for 3 months and buy some kick-ass studio monitors (+ pro monitoring headphones & VRM combo), then getting the job done with all of them :wink: :mates: