ADAM Audio…Files Bankruptcy!

Discussion in 'Soundgear' started by theDingus, Nov 30, 2014.

1. fraifikmushi

fraifikmushi Guest

My M-Audio cheapo USB card from 2007 still works like a charm.
    People are not always buying cheap because they like it better. No need to be condescending.

2. Evorax

Evorax Rock Star

Yeah, but it's not like that for everyone. You must've been one of the lucky guys.
    Also, on the audio-quality though, you get what you pay for, as Sinewave said.

Cheers.

Evo

3. theDingus

theDingus Audiosexual

An ADAM Audio Representative has responded to commentary posted in the forum at Sound On Sound:

SOS User Comment:
    "My understanding is that they are in a form of administration which is similar to the USA Chapter 11 thing, where they are allowed to carry on trading under an administrator who reorganizes the business and looks for investors. So they aren't dead yet, and there's a good chance someone will step in to get them going properly again."

ADAM Audio Response:
    "Yep, that is correct. Right at the moment there are several companies which are very interested in investing in ADAM Audio. Our CEO, Klaus Heinz, and the preliminary insolvency administrator are looking for the best possible solution here. At the same time both are working flat to restore availability of products, and as of today it looks like this will be the case at the beginning of next year (Jan/Feb)."

4. ADAM_Audio

ADAM_Audio Newbie

Hi there, dear Professional Audio Lovers, I´m the marketing / pr guy at ADAM and that comment in the SOS forum was from me. I just would like to confirm, that we are all very confident, that ADAM will continue and we´ll return to normal business operations soon.

I also hope that I get some bonus karma points for all the overtime work this incident causes ;-)

5. Clandestine

Clandestine Platinum Record

Yep of course u can, loads of people do in this country i.e declare yourself bankrupt etc & then carry on trading under an administrator who pays of your debtors bit by bit. Only thing is u have to change your trading name i think or is that a different issue?

Nice one, hope they do carry on :thumbsup:

6. fraifikmushi

fraifikmushi Guest

That is great to hear! I just bought monitors from you for my studio a few months ago and hope to continue in doing so as my studio expands :)

Also, I hope you get a raise and/or a promotion for your devotion during those troubled times!

7. theDingus

theDingus Audiosexual

Maybe a Woolworth gift certificate would be nice!

[​IMG]

8. ADAM_Audio

ADAM_Audio Newbie

Well, the name of the operating company will change, but we won´t change our trading name ADAM Audio.

9. ADAM_Audio

ADAM_Audio Newbie

:wink:

Thanks, though I was just kidding a bit. I mean I like my job here at ADAM very much, everything is fine ;-)

10. ADAM_Audio

ADAM_Audio Newbie

Is that the Woolworth store in Berlin-Moabit? Looks a bit like it ;-)

11. theDingus

theDingus Audiosexual

It certainly is. Good eye! You really know your Woolworths! :wink:

12. Clandestine

Clandestine Platinum Record

No Way! :rofl: that's so cool! Bet they not stock Quality monitors!

13. SineWave

SineWave Audiosexual

It's just that the most of the audio cards/audio interfaces that I've seen break/broken are made by M-audio. Sorry :mates:

As far as RME goes, I've seen one RME card break so far in my 20+ years of working with music and computers, really. And I still think it's the person who didn't handle it properly that's to blame for its demise. He breaks stuff all the time... :wow:

It could be that most of the people I know actually use M-Audio interfaces, so the greater the number of them, the greater the chance of failure. :wink: But unfortunately, in most cases, what you pay is what you get. Up to a certain point!

My golden rule is to give up to around a 1000$ for an audio interface or a card. Everything above that is probably wasting money on snake oil. If an audio interface costs a lot less than that, say 500$, I'll make sure I read about it on the internet, and try to test it myself, or ask someone about the experiences with it before buying it.

Similar with speakers... monitors, I mean, but the price point would be between around 1000-2000$ a pair. Anything more = snake oil, anything less = not worth the money.

I always define these price points first when I go shopping to eliminate the "snake oil" and bad quality things. It's easier to make a choice that way, too. *yes*

Cheers!

14. ADAM_Audio

ADAM_Audio Newbie

Hi there,

I am quite delighted to tell you, that we have found a suitable and financially strong partner: a group of German entrepreneurs with the CWM holding company have acquired ownership of Adam Audio. If your are interested you might want to check our press release http://www.adam-audio.com/en/pro-audio/news/new-owners-adam-professional-audio

Cheers,
    André