Adam A7V Monitors - Break In

Discussion in 'Studio' started by KidForToday, Apr 1, 2024.

Tags:
  1. KidForToday

KidForToday Noisemaker

Adam A7V Monitor owners: What music / sound did you use to break in your monitors, what was the duration and what was the decibel / volume level? Thanks for the feedback!

3. Lieglein

Lieglein Audiosexual

I can advise to use simple multi tone test signals. They really imitate this music.
    24h of this super high quality multi test tone from the Audio Precision APx555 at an okayish level and everything is completely burned in and out. :thumbsup:

:excl: Careful: One should drop the volume first completely and then raise carefully until he is enjoying it. It's basically organ music with full registration.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/j0b8twx8pu7ga1o/APx555 Multitone 32 192 khz 24 bit.wav?dl=0

Last edited: Apr 1, 2024
  4. mk_96

mk_96 Audiosexual

This one's the best, scientifically proven:
    https://t.ly/cE4OJ

Seriously though, i've never burnt in studio monitors, i just use them as i would regularly for a period of time. If it's a new set of monitors you're gonna need some time to get used to them and do something useful with them anyway, regardless of wether they're "stiff" or not. By the moment you're done they're gonna have several hours of different material played at different volumes.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2024
  5. Lois Lane

Lois Lane Audiosexual

Every piece of music gear that has moving parts that I ever have bought new needed breaking in. Headphones, earbuds, monitors, acoustic guitars (can take a while depending on the woods used). For all of these including acoustic guitars as mentioned above, a full spectrum vibrational sound is a good way to go. My expensive Shure SRH1840 took about 6 hours to not sound broken, the Final B1 earbuds about 2, my monitors about 20 and my Martin 2018 D-18 is still in the process of realizing it is no longer a tree.

I've not used one but some people swear by them to break in their guitars, mandolins and fiddles. It makes sense.

https://www.tonerite.com/

6. clone

clone Audiosexual

Did you buy them yet or are we waxing poetic again?