Acustica Xmas giveaway Ceil for FREE.

Discussion in 'Software News' started by Jeffriezal, Dec 18, 2018.

1. A3C

A3C Kapellmeister

Yes. Aquarius keeps it there so you can revert to previous installed versions if needed

2. quadcore64

quadcore64 Audiosexual

Tried using on-line machine. Very smooth all around. Pleasantly surprised!

Will have to connect off-line machine to do another download as there is no off-line installers for any of the Acustica products
    except for Aquarius install manager.

This is the massage I received...

Hello Quadcore64,

It is not possible.

All tickets marked as resolved or tickets without activity from the user after 96 hours are automatically closed by our help-desk system automation. Tickets closed are not deleted never from our help-desk system, and you will find them in your account, 'All Tickets'. Absolutely all closed tickets will be reopened automatically by our help-desk system if you answer on the ticket.
    We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. We need to take this measure to avoid build-up of tickets that are left open but no longer followed by customers.
    Support and help-desk care service is provided in office working hours, Monday to Friday, from 09:00 to 18:00 CET. We usually answer within 24 hours on work days and within 72 hours during weekends. Although help-desk team will try to answer to you as soon as possible and prior to the aforementioned standard time frame, however, depending on the complexity of your request and general workload, our reply may take up to seven days and it does not take into consideration local bank holidays or staff vacations.
    NOTE: be sure you never miss the latest news, promos and updates from Acustica Audio by signing up to our newsletter. To sign up visit our website with web address: https://www.acustica-audio.com and scroll down to the bottom part.
    IMPORTANT: this email is merely informative. Please, do not answer this email. To view the ticket or add comments, please visit Support section in Acustica Audio website.

The information contained in this message is privileged and confidential and is intended only for use of the addressee(s) or of those responsible to deliver it to the addressee(s). Neither the confidentiality nor any privilege attaching to this message is waived, lost or destroyed by reason that it has been mistakenly transmitted to a person or entity other than the addressee(s).
    Please note that any distribution, dissemination or copying of this message is strictly prohibited. In case you have received this message in error, please notify us immediately and delete it from your system.
    Best regards,
    Acustica Audio support and help-desk service.
    Acustica Audio is a trade mark of Acusticaudio SRL.
    www.acustica-audio.com
    VAT ID: IT-01254510116.
    Via Tortini 9, 26900, Lodi, LO, Italy.

3. Talmi

Talmi Audiosexual

Yeah it's not possible to transfer (ie copy paste, ser and aut) from a computer to another one, since the aut is linked to the computer serial number.

But you don't need to put your offline setup online to install and authorize, if you can't or won't.
    You can download setup files on your personal space on AA website, for the plugins (paid) purchased, not the free ones, and I don't know for the demos. And you can authorize them there too, from an online computer.
    Top right of the site,once logged in, under "loggout" and "account" you select "orders", once in the order summary you'll see a list of all your purchases (since they redid the website a year ago or so, it was presented differently before).
    On the far right of each order line you have a download button/icon, it'll take you to the specific order detailed summary, where you can download all the setup files and upload the ser files (which you get on your offline computer at first launch of the plugin, when it says "unauthorized) to get the aut file for your offline computer and authorize the plugin.
    Also in your account you can check the number of slots already used for authorizations for each plugs.
    Anyway, it's obviously easier to do it from aquarius if you can connect briefly to the net.
    But if you won't or can't you don't have to.

4. quadcore64

quadcore64 Audiosexual

Thanks!

The new Acustica system does not allow for any validation for "free" products, other than through, Aquarius.
    A drag that they did this since, it is a "free" product.

Oh, woe is me.....

Bit the bullet & connected system for the first time ever. Downloading N4 player & Ceil.

Now maybe I can try the Alex-B 7 Tim P. libraries that I gave up on using N3 from the sister site.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2018
  5. Talmi

Talmi Audiosexual

Cheers.

yeah it's a shame. Freebies used to be use to hook you in the devs website an get you to check their other paid products, now I guess it's a hook to get you to their distribution environnement/platform where they also try to get you to buy stuffs. Mostly the point of aquarius...1/3rd to ease installation process and authorization, 2/3rd to advertize on your computer when you launch it.
    Freebies are trojan horses...But well, in this case - ceil - it's a least a pretty horse.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  6. wasgedn

wasgedn Banned

KABOOM

7. peghead

peghead Platinum Record

I've installed the Aquarius thing... clicked to the download button... waited a little for the thing to download... then nothing.
    I clicked "install"... "sending authorization request" appears on the top right of the window... then nothing.
    Done that about too many times to remember.
    Any clue?

EDIT: sorted. :)

Last edited: Dec 19, 2018
  8. quadcore64

quadcore64 Audiosexual

Downloaded Ceil & Henry-F.

Will start by seeing how many instances on populated tracks I can manage before crashing.

9. D-Music

D-Music Rock Star

Showing up in Logic X but what's the difference between CEIL x64 and CEILZL x64? (same for TAN)
    Something like UAD's SE versions?

Edit > found it ..

10. quadcore64

quadcore64 Audiosexual

ZL means 'Zero Latency'.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  11. quadcore64

quadcore64 Audiosexual

On my old test laptop, I loaded six instances on multi-out SD3 channels & then crash. Had to free up memory from background services that were turned on for networking & security. Reloaded session & still maxed out at six but, no crash.

Wish it had three bands of EQ. Really impressed with this one.

12. Talmi

Talmi Audiosexual

Yeah I agree, I found it very convincing on drums. Very nice low shelf, ran it against diamond which I like too for that, and it stood out nicely, they both make it powerfull but ceil added more punch to that area (if I don't engage the pre in Diamond). The high shelf brings in a nice sizzeling. Indeed an additional middle band would be super dope.
    The compressor is very versatile, you can nuke the material or just do some slight leveling, the great range on the timing settings (and "transient" is in fact like their usual "shmod" function, which changes the shape of the attack curve, and make the comp behaves more or less responsive) and the filter in the sc that can go up to 250 make it so.
    The pre isn't too much in your face, doesn't overly mess with the stereo image. It's not hugely colorfull like some previous offering

13. quadcore64

quadcore64 Audiosexual

Trying the DibiQuadro & London Acoustics offerings. Very nice. CPU heavy though. The Bronze EQ is especially nice. Easy to dial in that perfect tone to help a sound sit still.

After being off console for some time now, this gives me hope digital production with DAWs will be the future soon.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2018