Acustica Xmas giveaway Ceil for FREE.

Discussion in 'Software News' started by Jeffriezal, Dec 18, 2018.

1. Talmi

Talmi Audiosexual

Honestly those freebies are good. Tan is a great comp.

Ceil is good imo. True it's not as good as some of their best strips, but it's an aa strip with all the bells and whistles, and the quality is there. It's a great gift, I'm confident some people will use it more than their usual algo strip.

You should define an installation path in acquarius settings that suit your needs and doesn't mess with the hierarchy in your vst installation folder, just for your acquas so that indeed it doesn't create a mess. Move your newly installed ceil in this folder after changing the path in acquarius, or it might create problem, if acqarius doesn't "see" it anymore.
    You might have to reauthorize after changing path, but it won't count as a new authorization.

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  2. freefeet12

freefeet12 Rock Star

Thanks for the info Talmi. I made a folder and put it all in there. No problems at all. Though you may have a point, next time I launch Acquarius it might give me an issue since haven't defined a path via the app, yet. I don't need to right now though, it's all working.

3. TW

TW Guest

I love Ochre and I like the pink eq. Ochre is my go-to brode stroke - colour in the box EQ. Old but great sound. These two freebies are worth it in my opinion. Not a big fan of the 2 compressor freebies.

4. boogiewoogie

boogiewoogie Platinum Record

Doesn't show up at all in my Cubase 6

5. AudioTee

AudioTee Kapellmeister

First thanks to Acustica for the gift! I'm half-Italian. Wish I could visit them someday. Question- The Ceil installer puts 310 MB of compressed files in the staging area (appdata) Can this be deleted? Seems like a waste of space if these are setup files that are not later "cleaned up".

6. boogiewoogie

boogiewoogie Platinum Record

Weird, I opened up Cuabse AI 8 one time and it showed up there, after that, it also shows up in Cubase 6.

7. Talmi

Talmi Audiosexual

It's the zip for the installer. If you plan on reinstalling this plugin later on a new OS setup with the same ser and aut files (the files that authorize your plug and are located in your plugin folders that acquariius generates when you do the install process) you have to back up all those (zip, ser and auth)...
    But the zip files don't have to stay on your stagearea folder once it has been installed if you're short on hd/sdd space.
    The stagearea folder itself can be relocated in acquarius settings so that it stores those zip files on another hd if need be. Normally by keeping those and the auth and ser files, if you do a cpomplete reinstall you'll only have to reinstall the plugs from the zip files, then copy the ser and auth in the same folder, and it should work.
    Since Acquarius is also a pôrtable install, you can put it also on an external drive and keep its setting intact from setup to setup (and keep its configuration stable) so that in theory your authorization slot number doesn't change despite the fact that you reinstall things.

8. freefeet12

freefeet12 Rock Star

Neither of these two, Ochre, Pink EQ, are available through the Aquarius app. The site also says "No longer available" when I tried to look for Ochre. Can't find Pink EQ.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  9. AudioTee

AudioTee Kapellmeister

Thanks Talmi. I see an aut file but no ser file. Do we need both or one or the other. It seems to be working in my DAW. D/Led through the Aquarius app. I also found a purge button in settings that''ll probably delete those setup files.

10. Talmi

Talmi Audiosexual

Pink eq was CM gift, it was never available through acquarius or AA. You had to get the CM issue, (don't know if it's still possible).
    It was available on AZ for a while.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  11. Talmi

Talmi Audiosexual

No problem. And that's indeed what purge does. At least that's what I've understood, I've never tried it yet.
    And my bad for the ser file part. They are generated when you launch a plugin unauthorized, which never happens when you authorize them through acquarius that does it for you. The ser files are to back up if you do the "offline" procedure.
    I think now the ones generated with acquarius you also have to back are the .aqu files instead (which weren't generated with the old fashion offline authorization process, .ser were instead)in addition to the .auth ones.

12. Torrao

Torrao Platinum Record

Yep, the "purge" button is the "gimme my damn hard drive space, you bastard" button.

13. quadcore64

quadcore64 Audiosexual

For those of us with work computers off-line, Acustica (& others), completely misunderstand how production systems work.

The less background & side services that are loaded & running, the more CPU & resources that are available to DAWs & plugins.

Brainworx finally got with the program & allows downloading to one system & transferring the license to another.

When they checked up after last pree release, I explainded my position & they never got back stating that there were no plans for off-line license transfer.

Oh well.....

14. Nightmix

Nightmix Producer

Anyone know the hardware they sampled for this?

15. Jeffriezal

Jeffriezal Producer

I believe I read in one of their discussion in the group, it supposed to be some part of a Focusrite ISA 430 mkII with their own homebrew mods.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2018
    • List
  16. ThomasD

ThomasD Newbie

Authorization is automatic in Aquarius, and yes they work when you are offline, the authorization (I am on Mac ) is based on your computer serial number, you get 5 authorization for 5 computers. The offline procedure is a bit of a pain.

17. ThomasD

ThomasD Newbie

Yes I can be deleted, there is an option in Aquarius to purge the state area.

18. tooloud

tooloud Guest

How do you guys operate a DAW if you can't work out how to use Aquarius? They've made it foolproof. Let's have a show of hands.... who's a fool?

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  19. Talmi

Talmi Audiosexual

That's incorrect. Do not install your acquas on 5 computers at the same time, or even more than two!

Quote from their webstite :

"
    Product registration

Product registration is automatic after you purchase a product in our web-shop and your newly purchased product will be available to download from your account. If you are buying a product from a 3rd party like a distributor, you should first create a user account on Acustica Audio’s website before redeeming your purchase.

Product authorization

Product authorization is an on-line process that creates a product license based on your computer’s identification code. Aquarius will authorize your product automatically after installation. However, authorization using SER and AUT files is possible for devices not connected to the internet.

Authorization has to be done on a working computer, other devices, such as external or portable hard drives, cannot be used to authorize products.

Deauthorization is not supported by our system.

Number of authorization slots

Each commercial product includes five authorization slots, NFR products include also five authorization slots, and trial products include five authorization slots. Free products do not use our protection system and you do not need an authorization to use them.

Customers with commercial products may require additional authorization slots if they consume the initial five. Additional authorization slots are free of charge if they are not used abusively.

Number of computers that can be authorized

We allow users to install our products on two computers at the same time. However, five authorization slots are available for each commercial product.

To contact Acustica Audio support go to the ‘Support and Help-desk Section’ in your Acustica Audio account. We do not provide support via social networks, public forums, Acustica Audio forums, or email accounts."

20. DarthFader

DarthFader Audiosexual

:shalom::mad: Hello, @tooloud ! I am an eejit and I can uze Aquarius. Yup.:hillbilly:
    Can't find my arse with both hands, though. Still working on that one.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List