Acustica releases Ultramarine 3 with CORE 9

Discussion in 'Software News' started by Bill Vkerchi?, Sep 7, 2016.

1. Bill Vkerchi?

Bill Vkerchi? Kapellmeister

Features actually supported in Core9:
    • Variable speeds on vector nodes improving the sound quality of the compressors and allowing to reach very fast speeds and precision.
    • Envelope followers based on control sources.
    • Queue messages used for several widgets like knobs improving the behaviour, control, and stability of plug-ins.
    • Hiddend components fault-tolerant inside nebula/acqua engine to minimized crash/bugs.
    • New wrapper to get better balanced AAX format
    • Several minor fixes and improvements (about trimming, sample rate conversion, distribution of sample rate packs, fixes on loaded program rate).
    • This engine is linked to Nat4 to allows the full automatic compressor sampling.
    • Switchmode optimization reducing CPU loading
    • Lazy loading pattern introduced to improve the loading of the objects

Acustica is delighted to present the new ULTRAMARINE3! The first mid-side stereo compressor based on CORE9!
    €299.00
    €254.15

It's a faithful emulation of an original vintage hardware designed in early 1950s and considered the most coveted of all compressors.

The purpose behind the creation of ULTRAMARINE3 was to "bridle" the sound of a rare machine, push far beyond the technological boundaries of the time and redesign it graphically making it more easy-to-use (hopefully!) in respect of old traditions.
    This was quite a tough mission, but we are proud of the outcome!

Ultramarine is not like any plugin you have ever used, and after so much work and passion we have put into this, we at Acustica are very proud of this release.It's a very versatile tool to provide a lot of possibilities to shape the sound with gorgeous graphical user interface.

One of the exciting new features that is new to software is what we call “ShMod”. This is a shape control for the attack behavior of the compressor. It allows you to fine-tune the attack shape so you can really customize the attack behavior for any audio source!
    Another innovative feature that also exponentially increases the versatility of this compressor is the continuosly variable (not just a fixed On-Off button) "Sc Filter"(Side-chain filter) .
    In this way you may use a standard HP filtering to increase or decrease the bass content that hits the compressor. It can be a huge time-saver and provides many ways to quickly try some creative approaches to the music you are working with.
    This plug-in is equipped with a DRY/WET control to determine the proportion of mix between the original (dry) and 'effected' (wet) signals.

http://www.acustica-audio.com/index...tegory_id=52&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=189

So acustica is quite shady with the descriptions of the gear it emulates/samples. Seems like a Fairchild to me, judging by the design. I'm pretty excited what core 9 may bring to the table, they seem to go pretty hard on compressors. Btw, there's a demo available.

3. mercurysoto

mercurysoto Audiosexual

The bottom of the rabbit hole, next to Alice's
    I'd love to put it side by side with UAD's Fairchild (which BTW is cheaper).

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  4. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

Come on,this probably smashes anything UAD.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  5. mercurysoto

mercurysoto Audiosexual

Game on, my friend. You'll be the judge. :mates: It's been a while since a blind test. How about putting together UAD Fairchild 670, Ultramarine3, Puigchild 670, and Slate FG-MU from the VBC?

I'll make the time.

6. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

These blind tests are ok,but you really need to use the plugins within a project to really see the difference, how it elevates the flatness of an algo based song.
    The bass,the drums,synths,reverbs,everything sits nicer,the 3D environment starts to shine,instruments get a certain weight....

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  7. Jaymz

Jaymz Audiosexual

This Ultramarine 3 is a nice one forsure i like it ;) would be a good test run \m/ im still awaiting this one tho, its next up :) SAND SSL SAND_test_062.jpg

Last edited: Sep 7, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  8. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

Jaymz,are you using only Acustica for your projects?

9. mercurysoto

mercurysoto Audiosexual

Yeah, I totally agree with you. It's how you intimately learn to use your tools what gives results. Anyhow, blind tests are fun to do and you've sparkled a light, my friend.

10. Jaymz

Jaymz Audiosexual

yes mostly i do use Acustica/Nebula plugins on the mixing ... Altho i came from using hardware only years ago i love the Digital Recall today on the mixing side so 80% is in the box Acustica Audio cause its as close as i can get to what my ears are used to an still get my Recall ;) I do use some Algo stuff too for gain staging or if i dont need any color but yea without a doubt im a Fan Boy i guess you could say for the AA stuff \m/

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  11. nexusmusic

nexusmusic Kapellmeister

UM-3 from Acustica is a banger, I mean forget it, everything they've been updating or coming up in the Acqua Series line are just mind blowing. Ultramarine (UM-3) is just eargasm blowing. Try it out and A/B test with other developers (doesn't mean other Developers version ain't sounding good, of course NOT, sounds great too) but Acustica is bringing this Vintage to a new level. It just feels real and when playing with them it feels like you're in front of the real HW period. And SAND is gonna blow you guys away...especially with CORE9.

Enjoy ;-)

12. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

Makes sense and will do the same sooner or later.

13. Jaymz

Jaymz Audiosexual

It just takes time ;) Took me half my life to get the tools i have now and if i had to start over honestly i dont think i could come up with the cash to buy it all back... Thats why im stayin in the box for mixing other projects and only using my gear wen i record a band or my own stuff ;) I like alot of algo stuff too, and some of the comps in algo are way faster than any hardware that ive used REAL TALK. where i think the Hardware comps shine is the amount of reduction i can get without affecting the signal... you can really push good gear hard and not hear much if any change in the signal other than the Depth it adds and the control you get ;) The SSL hardware comp can be hit hard! you can push it to the max its no joke i love it... cant wait for acustica's version. \m/

14. martel80

martel80 Producer

:beg:

15. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

That sums it up nicely.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2016
  16. martel80

martel80 Producer

[​IMG]

Bow down to a new Semi God that came on Earth to rule them all.

:beg:

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  17. Jaymz

Jaymz Audiosexual

Ive never used a Fairchild and i know i never will less i build my own . ive seen one tho in Nashville TN ;) back in 2004, but i gota say this Ultramarine 3 is pretty damn sweet \m/ i been using it on the master today its very nice \m/ an the GUI is perfect aswell !!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  18. SoundForSoul

SoundForSoul Ultrasonic

Acustica Audio's Ultramarine3 is a beast on the drums bus and Acquamarine3 is simply incredible when it comes to character in both mixing and mastering situations. Highly recommended!

19. erminardi

erminardi Kapellmeister

Not so bovious to me.
    I made a side by side comparison, and to be honest, the price doesn't worth.
    Very subtle difference between AA and UAD, mainly in the preamp/circuit emulation. I tried then UAD with a Nebula classic tube pre in line... et voilà.
    Too pricey for the result.
    If U are looking for a good glue buss comp go instead for SAND without esitation. Another planet.