Acustica releases Ruby, a vacuum tube eq made under DW Fearn license (VT-5)

Discussion in 'Software News' started by SoundForSoul, Feb 1, 2018.

1. SoundForSoul

SoundForSoul Ultrasonic

After stepping their game up with their latest Core 11 technology, with the added advantage of using High Efficiency Symmetric & Asymmetric Saturation Modeling (SASM), a new high performance saturation/harmonic distortion modeling algorithm characterized by a much lower number of digital artifacts - and their Crimson (inspired by VSC-2 Quad Discrete compressor with some saturation/distorsion module sweetness on top ) and Diamond series - Lift made in collaboration with the famous Luca Pretolesi, Acustica are ready to make your jaws drop with their latest release - Ruby - a vacuum tube equalizer made under DW Fearn license, inspired by the famous stereo VT-5 equalizer. The hardware version is +9k USD, while the plugin is 199 eur. Okay, you may think - just another eq plugin. Na-ah, not this one, like none of their previouos plugins! I slapped it over a rough mix and it sounded like a million dollars - even though I might not even get the chance to touch the hardware version (still hoping, though ;) ), the Ruby plugin version IS MINDLOWING and makes me feel like cheating while using it! :) Try the 30 days demo version, but I don't think you will resist for the trial to expire until you will kiss your wallet! :)
    [​IMG]
    https://songwritingexperts.com/music-production/acustica-ruby-fearn-vt5-vacuum-tube-eq

• Like Like x 2
    • Interesting Interesting x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  3. digitaldragon

digitaldragon Audiosexual

Curious to hear more feedback from others who test it. The EQ Frequencies for LF cut and boost are interesting.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. Jaymz

Jaymz Audiosexual

its Killa!!! i have it on Demo last few days >>> an im buying this baby not a second thought about it ... \m/

• Like Like x 3
    • Love it! Love it! x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  5. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

Man can always rely on our Jaymz and his golden ears. :wink::mates:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 2
    • List
  6. Citrik Acid

Citrik Acid Platinum Record

It's like a pultec?

7. Red's the new color of love. I think this will do it, satisfy the crave and do nice things to a wave. You get what you pay for and sometimes much more.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  8. Yup

9. iluvhiphop

iluvhiphop Guest

Never looked a lot into these aqua plugins... I tested some channelstrip. Sounded amazing, but the latency was annoying as hell. Loaded up an instance of Diva, and put it on, and bam... major latency. Couldn't play my midikeyboard. Is there a way to circumvent this? I like the sound, but I always kinda mix as I go when I make beats.

10. Rakbeatzz

Rakbeatzz Member

Have you ever tried their zero latency versions? They compensate well for the latency issues in my experiences with them.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  11. I remember vaguely being able to change a line in the registry to enable older Aqua plugs to play with lowered or no latency. Anyone remember that?

• Like Like x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  12. The Fearn VT-5 is a choke-capacitor passive EQ, and is probably closer to the Manley Massive as anything, except it has a tube stage either side of the EQ circuits.

Goddamn Acustica, ain't you got enough of my money yet? STill better than 9 grand for the real potato.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  13. Citrik Acid

Citrik Acid Platinum Record

Thank you :wink:

14. Jaymz

Jaymz Audiosexual

brother next time you use an Acustica Audio plugin modify the xml file that is right beside the plugins dll ... open with notepad scroll down to Buffer size and change it to the buffer of your DAW 1024, 512 ,or whatever you use to mix and hit save >>> and use the ZL version of the plugin ;) this way you get best cpu performance with almost 0 latency

• Useful Useful x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  15. It was beginning to bug me so I did a quick search. Found someone at the slutt site who wrote "xml file next to the dll...the line 'DSP BUFFER' - edit in a notepad/text editor "DSP BUFFER..." It is kind of cryptic, and since I'm nowhere near my computer for a few weeks, can't help with a better answer. This is for at least Trinity and a few of the other early plugins. I remember it working like a charm.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  16. dastony2

dastony2 Noisemaker

I always thought doin this would affect the quality of the plugin.....of course I've been known to be wrong.

• List
  17. Jaymz

Jaymz Audiosexual

Not at all >>> it improves the quality to run same DSP buffer on your plugin as you do for your Soundcard and DAW >>> improves stability , CPU and latency aswell ;) most Acustica Audio plugs come preset to 1024 DSP Buffer ... older versions where 512...The ZL version of AA plugs are same as the not ZL versions... ZL version is set to lower DSP Buffer in the xml like 128 and the other plugs are set to 1024 standard>>> i just change them to what i want to use>>> or make copies >>> several of them and save them to the most common Buffers you use in Recording and Mixing ;) i know i keep repeating myself but >>> if your DSP buffer in your AA plugins do not match up with your I/O your gona have trouble...pops clicks , lagging even crashing >>> these steps will keep you smooth sailing with perfect quality and plugin reaction with lowest CPU hit\m/

18. Jaymz

Jaymz Audiosexual

Some DAW's do not play well with lots of tracks, Midi, and sample libs = big projects with AA allover them... you get latency skips in your Midi and all kinds of annoying problems... in this case freeze your libs and midi first before trying to use AA plugs... Reaper is the only DAW that can handle all this without latency... trust me ive used them all lol Sonar comes close but to give you an example i can run Superior Drummer 3, Superior 2, Perfect Drums, Kontakt libs, 30 recorded Audio tracks with 20 or 30 Acustica Audio Nebula and Acqua all over the place at 1024 DSP Buffer and never get a glitch,pop,or latency in Reaper >>> other DAW's cant get half that much without falling apart skipping midi notes and playing out of time lol >>> REAL TALK

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  19. Jaymz

Jaymz Audiosexual

Thanks bro !!!! i see some other cool cats in here with some super human hearing aswell haha :winker:

20. Herr Durr

Herr Durr Guest

I listened to some of the demos... and decided my ears must be made of tin....

I'm back to my ReaEq , cheap tympanic membranes get cheap solutions.. :yes:

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  21. Olymoon

Olymoon MODERATOR Staff Member

Because of temporal value, it's moved to Software News :yes: