Acustica El Rey is very cheap today until Feb 3

Discussion in 'Software News' started by Bettey_Swalleaux, Jan 20, 2020.

1. hackerz4life

hackerz4life Audiosexual

Could be a problem for very fast material, depends, but it is not slow. Works good with drums as well.

2. Blue

Blue Audiosexual

Drums are not very fast material for you?I do
    Sure it's better to mix with cheap Hifi monitors when you don't hear the details..:deep_facepalm:

3. hackerz4life

hackerz4life Audiosexual

Drums can be all kinds of transients, slow, medium fast, fast and very fast.
    There are 22khz detail and 50khz detail monitors, no talk about hifi monitors or cheap monitors. Information that is mostly meaningless for most people who listen to music. No need for childish comments.

4. No Avenger

No Avenger Moderator Staff Member

Oh Bettey, you can't disagree to it's fantastic sound in the mainout (if it fits, that is). :winker:

5. Haha I seem to have had a touch of Mandela effect.

6. Kwissbeats

Kwissbeats Audiosexual

I use it (almost) every time,
    I usually group the lead/dubs/ad-lips too a single bus with a delay and EL Rey (in that order), Makes it duck surprisingly smooth.
    after they have been gated/eq'd and compressed(76 fast-style) on their individual mixer tracks.

Some might shoot me for this, but generally speaking I like it on LA-2a 'like' duties the most.

When the ballistics of EL Rey are not to my satisfaction. (Because I learned to love digital compression),
    I lower the mix setting and add a Ca-2a after it, with maybe the mix setting lowered also.

• Like Like x 2
    • Interesting Interesting x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List