Acustica Audio releases Magenta 4

Discussion in 'Software News' started by Talmi, Jul 31, 2018.

1. Talmi

Talmi Audiosexual

Free upgrade for owners of Magenta 3 (yeeaa)....

http://www.acustica-audio.com/store/products/magenta

INTRODUCTORY PRICE

199.00 € 169.15 € (15%OFF)

UPDATE NOW FROM MAGENTA 3 FOR FREE!

Magenta 4 is a VST/AAX/AU bundle, undoubtedly one of the best plugin suites we have ever created.
    Imagine being able to fully exploit the authentic sound of analog while having the same amount of control and precision as digital - and more. Not only is Magenta 4 a huge leap forward compared to its predecessor, but it pushes the limits of what technology can achieve in order to give you the exact same sound as its hardware counterparts and even improve on it!

With Magenta 4 we have reached a level of sonic accuracy never heard before, reproducing the same frequency and phase response of the sampled units down to the tiniest variables, which makes the character of these sought-after units so desirable. In fact, we have even improved on some of the inevitable drawbacks and quirks inherent to the original circuit designs, for even more versatility. You can now have all of this at a fraction of the cost of the original hardware price, augmenting the impact of your sound and achieving the desired results quicker than ever.

[​IMG]

Details
    A thousand shades of Magenta

Magenta 4 works wonders on single sources like drums, percussions, guitars, analog synths, bass and vocals as well as whole mixes, you name it. From hard compression to velvety equalization and tonal shaping, you will be able to give your mix the right “hue”, for a multi-dimensional aural experience your ears will thank you for.

Harmonic EQxtravaganza

It gets even better. Yes, we know you like harmonic distortion. You like the idea of sound traveling through circuitry getting richer, fatter, warmer, coming alive. But how about being able to choose the amount of harmonic content based on what you actually want or need? That’s right. Our technology allows you to separate the harmonic distortion component of the hardware from the response of the EQ section, opening up a whole new world of sonic possibilities not possible in the analog world.

[​IMG]

A revolution in the making.

Despite the digital revolution in the pro audio industry, many of today's top albums are still mixed using analog outboard gear. Many sound engineers feel that mixing in the analog domain imparts an elusive quality to the overall sound by adding a greater sense of weight, space, dynamics, and tri-dimensionality that digital is simply not capable of.

The sound of analog devices can become very articulate as the initial input signal is changed in many - often very subtle - ways, distortion is added, the frequency response changes, nonlinear saturation may occur. Acustica's exclusive Volterra technology is the only technology that truly captures all these nonlinearities, inherent to the original hardware.

Thanks to our continuous technological refinements, we have managed to convince even the most die-hard fans of analog that now - more that ever - digital is not just a practical solution but it's also a synonym for utmost quality, and we can proudly say that Magenta 4 is evidence of all of this. You can now effectively and creatively "color" your mixes with an almost infinite variety of tonal shades.

Main features

MAGENTA4 is a suite that includes six different plug-ins:

• MAGENTA4 Channel-strip;
    • MAGENTA4 PRE (Preamps standalone module);
    • MAGENTA4 EQ (Equalizer standalone module);
    • MAGENTA4 EQ STEREO (Stereo equalizer standalone module);
    • MAGENTA4 COMP (Compressor standalone module);
    • MAGENTA4 COMP STEREO (Stereo Compressor standalone module);
    For each plugins included in Magenta4 suite there is a “Standard” version or an alternative “ZL*” version which operates at *zero latency at the cost of extra processing resources and is thus suitable for use when tracking.

[​IMG]

CORE 12
    Core 12 represents a new technological advancement by Acustica:

• Upgraded SASM (Symmetric & Asymmetric Saturation Modeling) high performance saturation algorithm;
    • Introduction of a new post-production sample de-noising tech for cleaner deconvolved impulses called STT (Super transient technology);
    • Full compatibility with Client/Server architecture integrated by default in Acqua plugins;
    • Engine optimization introducing a new highly efficient algorithm. This innovative technique is applied to all the deconvolved impulses for further de-noise processing and subsequent elimination of any incorrect low-level behavior (including the so-called "echo bug").
    Core 12 allows performance improvements for each plug-in of the Acqua Effects series, while at the same time preserving all the features already supported in previous CORE upgrades.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 2
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  3. AwDee.0

AwDee.0 Kapellmeister

Dope.!.

4. Nightmix

Nightmix Producer

Units sampled are believed to be the Manley Massive Passive, Manley Slam, Manley Core, and Manley Vari-Mu.

5. Torrao

Torrao Platinum Record

I have it installed but haven't tried it yet in a project. Can't wait!

Oh, and GOLD 2 sooooooooon!

6. Adam Ford

Adam Ford Producer

Coming soon:
    - Gold 2 (Neve 1081-1088 console);
    - Heaven (Neumann PEV Mastering Console);
    - Green update;
    - Tape (with a Studer Console included);

7. Torrao

Torrao Platinum Record

Green update? YAAAAAY

8. GodHimSelf

GodHimSelf Platinum Record

Well, it looks like I'll be fasting for some time...

9. Talmi

Talmi Audiosexual

Yep that's quite a list !
    Awesome that no matter how far back your initial buy go you always get the latest version of the plugs you initialy bought for free. Green and Gold update won't cost me a thing, it's very cool for green whose latest version was a while back. I don't know many devs that do that (FLS in the daw world).
    On the other hand they release so many new gems so often that I keep forking out for AA. Fortunately they also have great discounts when you start having a few of their plugs...

Edit : on that matter it's worthy to check which plugs will be updated in the soon future (since they announce it ahead) and buy in advance plugs that you know with the route AA has taken (they add pre, comp to eqs they did in the past, sometimes strips too, that's what happened with Magenta 3 which was "only" an eq previously) will be seriously reworked and will get new fancy additions that will make the price go higher. I bought Green and Magenta knowing they weren't perfect (MMeQ in Nebula was better so far than M4, i don't think that's the case anymore and in addition M4 offers also now Pres, comps and strips, and Green has an old version of core and is hungry on the cpu as well as a bit sluggish in its behavior) but that I would want to buy their future evolved version which would cost me a lot more (even with the presale discount) if I waited for the future version to come out.

The future Green will probably also include other things than eqs but right now it's sold as an eq and at the price of a single eq, price which will go higher with the future update....

Last edited: Aug 1, 2018
  10. mercurysoto

mercurysoto Audiosexual

The bottom of the rabbit hole, next to Alice's
    Just a side question. Now that we are on Core 12 rechnology and compressor modelling has reached its full potential, which is a two-bus compressor you'd recommend? Something in the likes of the SSL G compressor or the Neve console compressor.

I'd like the opinion of experienced Acqua users. I'm sorry to hijack the topic.

11. Talmi

Talmi Audiosexual

Sand and Lime and Gold (respectively SSL, and two Neves) haven't yet been updated to Core 12 yet. Apparently Gold will be the first of those three to get the core 12 treatment.
    Pink 2 (API and already Core 12) is also a serious option, if you dig the modeled comps...

12. Torrao

Torrao Platinum Record

As far as I know after a short research, Green is being resampled and will be paired up with a nice compressor... But they just don't know which one, yet! :rofl:

Seriously... It's a matter of flavours. They have a ton of suites (strip + separate modules) to choose from right now. One of them is also a reverb (Ebony), but its comps got high praise as well. I wouldn't obsess too much with Core12. Compressor behaviour breakthrough was Core8 (Pink), so as long as you start from Core9 (Sand) you're good to go. Some thoughts from my own -limited- experience:

1 - My favourite of the bunch is (still) Lime: Clean, smooth, big bottom end. The C (surround) compressor is magic even with just reducing 1-2 dB. It can be used as a 2-bus compressor no doubt. It just works on everything. My "desert island" plugin.

2 - Pink 2 is an insane value for everything you get. The multiband comp works a treat and is super punchy. Overall quite agressive and in-your-face sounding if you push it. I need more time with it because it bombed in the middle of a small project and had to reload all of its instances (and coppy settings manually), which makes me reluctant to depend on it for now...

3 - Coral was intended as a mastering suite and it's always there when you want a transparent "glue" and polish to the sound. The Baxandall EQ curves seem to work very well for me when boosting the low end of a track. But as all the new offerings it can be used for mixing thanks to the separate modules, of course. I LOVE the compressor on clean guitars. They go straight to the pocket.

4 - Sand was the first "modular" Acqua and tbh I think it needed an update more than Gold. It's basically a G-Series bus comp with some elements of the desk added in, rather than a full suite as they do now. The channel comps are missing because Giancarlo didn't like them (my drums disagree!) even though everyone insisted on having them. It feels "incomplete" compared to others. Still, that comp is a given in the 2-buss of every track I do. The "C" version is supposed to be viable for single tracks too but it's a bit "too much" for me, and I use TAN (which is free) instead on my drum tracks. It works like a charm but I'd rather have the full thing (and a full multi-band TAN as well while we're at it!). SAND EQs are also my choice when I need to go more surgical without resorting to an "algo" EQ.

5 - Gold... I've tried to like it but the GUI is too awkward and sometimes I don't know what the hell I'm doing (as I'm not familiar with the original hardware). Fidelity is great for purists, but I think GUIs like Amethyst are much better for workflow. It is much more "hairy", "grainy", "raw" or whatever you want to call it that the others I've mentioned. Great for vibe and colour, no doubt. The preamps shine on vocals, though. However, I admit I bought it because of the high praise it got and I always go back to Lime and use its 1073 preamps on vocals for streamlining the workflow. Perhaps the projects I've faced were not where Gold shines... Let's see what Gold2 brings to the table!

Whoah! That ended up being longer than I expected! Hope it helped!

Last edited: Aug 1, 2018
  13. taskforce

taskforce Audiosexual

That makes 2 of us man.
    Good thing i got my wife into the daw world (she's a violinist) but sadly enough, it looks like she's immune to the plug addiction. Fek, i know she likes reading some jazz threads here in the educational dept, i just hope she doesn't read every one of my posts or i'll be totally @#$#$%$&*:rofl:

14. GodHimSelf

Just for dragging her here, you have my utterly respect.

15. GodHimSelf

I know their products, I own Ivory, titanium, sand and amethyst and pink. And knowing them is precisely the problem.

16. Talmi

Talmi Audiosexual

Ok...:dunno:

17. Talmi

Talmi Audiosexual

Blue skin was just released (green is on its way), you can get it in acquarius after you've updated M4 to the latest version...More Manley like

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 2, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  18. GodHimSelf

easier on the eye.