Acustica Audio releases Cream....

Discussion in 'Software News' started by Talmi, May 2, 2018.

1. Talmi

Talmi Audiosexual

Badaboum, they strike again !

Here is what it comes down to :
    [​IMG]

CREAM is a VST/AAX/AU bundle composed of several modules based on an iconic series of hand-built British vacuum tube and transistor-based solid-state hardware made between the late '50s to the early '70s.
    Cream was born from a specific necessity: we wanted to offer to our customers a product that contains what we believe is a number of legendary devices, with a strong vintage character that should not be missing in the equipment list of any recording studio worth its name and fame. Due to the rare historic topology and components used in the original hardware, Cream offers a unique tone that stands out from any other designs.

Specifically, it includes emulations of the following consoles and units:

1) A Vintage British transistor-based solid-state recording and mixing console – version MK2 (1970)
    2) A Vintage British transistor-based solid-state recording and mixing console – version MK4 (1970)
    3) A Vintage British tube compressor (1960)
    4) A 'Homebrew' analog EQ section built by SOUNDROPS (SteDal) based on a original 60s valve desk circuit)
    5) A Vintage British Tape Recorder (1960 – also known as the "Green Machine")
    6) A Vintage valve Tape Recorder made in the UK (1967)

[​IMG]

Cream is the first of a three plug-in series, each embodying a volume of Dante's Divine Comedy according to the vision of Acustica.
    Welcome to the first Cantica .. the 'Cream Inferno'.
    Try not to lose sight of the right path on your way, and be careful not to burn yourself.

What's new?

1) For the first time ever, Acustica is proud to introduce a next-generation plugin which recreates ALL the channels of an ultra-rare vintage console in its entirety, painstakingly reproducing their sonic imprint and subtle differences, giving you the utmost control and sonic versatility, like never before. Cream is a major work that allowed us to create the most advanced and complete Acqua Effect to date, that transcends mere modeling and pushes the boundaries of authentic analog in the box once more.
    2) We worked very hard to deliver you a tool that is able to recreate the authentic sound of some of the most legendary studio units ever made in the history of music. We can proudly say: this day has finally arrived!

But there is more good news. By purchasing Cream you qualify for a special secret discount too!

And would you want to know more about Modula and some of our future projects? Want to be one of the first to discover how audio industry will be changed forever?
    Then meet us May 24-26 at the AES Convention 2018 in Milan - Italy

DETAILS

CREAM channel strip equipped with 39 preamp emulations divided in three different categories (Line, Mic and Tube), a four-stage multi-model EQ featuring Bass, Treble, Presence and 'Magic' bands, and a compressor section switchable between a solid-state processor (included in the 1970 console) and a vacuum tube outboard model. As with other similar releases, we offer to our customers a versatile and complete bundle consisting of a powerful channel-strip plus 3 separate plug-ins for each of its pre-amp, EQ and compressor sections. Each stand-alone plug-in contains the same features included in the strip, and in many cases it also offers some useful extras. The four plug-ins are named:

• CREAM Channel-strip
    • CREAM PRE (Preamps standalone module)
    • CREAM EQ (Equalizer standalone module)
    • CREAM COMP (Compressor standalone module)

For each plug-in included in Cream suite there is a "Standard" version and an alternative "ZL*" version which operates at * zero latency, at the cost of extra processing resources, it is therefore most suitable to use when tracking.

Cream is using the latest Acustica Core 12 engine. Core 12 represents a new technological advancement by Acustica:

• Upgraded SASM (Symmetric & Asymmetric Saturation Modeling) high performance saturation algorithm;
    • Introduction of a new post-production sample de-noising tech for cleaner deconvolved impulses called STT (Super transient technology);
    • Full compatibility with Client/Server architecture integrated by default in Acqua plugins;
    • Engine optimization introducing a new highly efficient algorithm. This innovative technique is applied to all the deconvolved impulses for further de-noise processing and subsequent elimination of any incorrect low-level behavior (including the so-called "echo bug").

Core 12 allows performance improvements for each plug-in of the Acqua Effects series, while at the same time preserving all the features already supported in previous CORE upgrades.

CREAM CHANNEL-STRIP: full channel strip with 4 bands of EQ, 2 compressors and a preamp section.
    Preamp section:
    • 24 x line input to group bus out transistor-based solid-state '70s channel paths (LINE).
    • 12 x mic input to group bus out transistor-based solid-state '70s channel paths (MIC).
    • 3 x vintage tape recorder emulations (TUBE).
    • Bypass button (OFF).
    EQs section:
    • Magic band: Bass Lift with fixed gain of +10dB at 20Hz (B-A), continuous loudness control with ±10dB of gain and centre frequency at 1kHz (L-A), High-shelf models 1, 2 & 3 (1-A, 2-A & 3-A), High-Pass filter with selectable cut-off frequencies of 75, 150, 300, 600 and 1200 Hz (H-B).
    • Bass band: low-shelf EQ with with ±10dB of gain and selectable cut-off frequency of 50, 100 and 200 Hz (L-A), bell curve EQ with ±10dB of gain at 100 Hz (L-B), High-Pass filter with selectable cut-off frequencies of 75, 150, 300, 600 and 1200 Hz (H-B).
    • Presence band: bell curve EQ with ±10dB of gain and selectable frequencies of 2.7, 3.5, 5, 8, 10, 12 kHz (P-A), bell curve EQ with ±10dB of gain and selectable frequencies of 0.5, 0.8, 1.2, 1.8, 2.8, 4.2, 6.5, 10 kHz (P-B).
    • Treble band: Presence band: bell curve EQ with ±10dB of gain and selectable frequencies of 2.7, 3.5, 5, 8, 10, 12 kHz (P-A), high-shelf EQ with ±10dB of gain and selectable frequencies of 2.5, 5, 10 kHz (S-A), bell curve EQ with ±10dB of gain and selectable frequencies of 0.5, 0.8, 1.2, 1.8, 2.8, 4.2, 6.5, 10 kHz (P-B).
    • Bypass button (OFF).
    Compressors section:
    • Compression Types: solid-stage Zener type (model B), vacuum tube veri-mu (model C).
    • Threshold (Hold): from -20dB to 0dB.
    • Release (Recovery): Slow to Fast.
    • Compressor Model Switch: off, model B, model C.
    • Makeup Gain: from 0dB to 24dB.
    • Adjustable Attack Shape (SHMOD): from 0 to 4 (2 as in hardware). SHMod, an adjustable attack behavior shape control that allows to fine-tune and 'scew' the attack shape.
    • Input Trim: from -10dB to 10dB. This function allows for a "one knob" internal gain staging control by automatically linking input and output gain stages with an inverse law.
    • Gain reduction meter: compressor gain reduction meter with up to 30dB of range.
    Other controls:
    • Input Trim: from -10dB to 10dB. This function allows for a "one knob" internal gain staging control by automatically linking input and output gain stages with an inverse law.
    • Output Gain: from -10dB to 10dB.
    • Meters: input and output meters.

CREAM PRE: Preamp module with 40 different circuit color models
    • 24 x line input to group bus out transistor-based solid-state '70s channel paths (LINE).
    • 12 x mic input to group bus out transistor-based solid-state '70s channel paths (MIC).
    • 2 x vintage tape recorder emulations - with and without emphasis (TUBE).
    • 1 x vintage tape recorder emulation (TUBE2).
    • 1 x vintage vacuum tube compressor emulation (C).
    • Bypass button (OFF).

CREAM EQ: a four-stage multi-model EQ featuring Bass, Treble, Presence and 'Magic' bands.
    • Magic band: Bass Lift with fixed gain of +10dB at 20Hz (B-A), continuous loudness control with ±10dB of gain and centre frequency at 1kHz (L-A), High-shelf models 1, 2, 3 (1-A, 2-A, 3-A), High-Pass filter with selectable cut-off frequencies of 75, 150, 300, 600 and 1200 Hz (H-B).
    • Bass band: low-shelf EQ with with ±10dB of gain and selectable cut-off frequency of 50, 100 and 200 Hz (L-A), bell curve EQ with ±10dB of gain at 100 Hz (L-B), High-Pass filter with selectable cut-off frequencies of 75, 150, 300, 600 and 1200 Hz (H-B).
    • Presence band: bell curve EQ with ±10dB of gain and selectable frequencies of 2.7, 3.5, 5, 8, 10, 12 kHz (P-A), bell curve EQ with ±10dB of gain and selectable frequencies of 0.5, 0.8, 1.2, 1.8, 2.8, 4.2, 6.5, 10 kHz (P-B).
    • Treble band: Presence band: bell curve EQ with ±10dB of gain and selectable frequencies of 2.7, 3.5, 5, 8, 10, 12 kHz (P-A), high-shelf EQ with ±10dB of gain and selectable frequencies of 2.5, 5, 10 kHz (S-A), bell curve EQ with ±10dB of gain and selectable frequencies of 0.5, 0.8, 1.2, 1.8, 2.8, 4.2, 6.5, 10 kHz (P-B).
    • EQ band bypass (OFF).
    • Input Gain: from -10dB to 10dB.

CREAM COMP: Single band compressor with two models
    • Compression Types: solid-stage Zener type (model B), vacuum tube vari-mu (model C).
    • Threshold (Hold): from -20dB to 0dB.
    • Release (Recovery): Slow to Fast.
    • Compressor Model Switch: off, model B, model C.
    • Makeup Gain: from 0dB to 24dB.
    • Adjustable Attack Shape (SHMOD): from 0 to 4 (2 as in hardware). SHMod, an adjustable attack behavior shape control that allows to fine-tune and 'scew' the attack shape.
    • Gain reduction meter: compressor gain reduction meter with up to 30dB of range.
    • Side-chain HPF (FILTER): variable IIR high-pass filter varying from OFF to 250 Hz.
    • Vintage vacuum tube compressor circuit distortion emulation (PREAMPLIFIER).
    • External side-chain signal enable (EXTERNAL INPUT).
    • Dry/Wet Mix for parallel compression (MIX): from 0 to 100%.

PRICE AND AVAILABILITY:
    • CREAM commercial version: €199.00. Available as a digital download immediately after payment. Special pre-sale price at €169.15 (15%OFF) for the first four weeks after release.
    Cream commercial page: http://www.acustica-audio.com/store/products/cream
    • CREAM Trial version: free 4 week test license. Available as a digital download immediately after €0.00 payment.
    Cream trial page: http://www.acustica-audio.com/store/pro ... ream-trial
    ."

I'm gonna test that asap.....

Last edited: May 2, 2018
    • Like Like x 4
    • Love it! Love it! x 3
    • Interesting Interesting x 2
    • List
  3. Kwissbeats

Kwissbeats Audiosexual

4 week test license.

The trials are getting shorter and shorter :),
    I'll have to wait and decide/save up on/for other acustica'splugs first.:rofl:

4. Talmi

Talmi Audiosexual

Man this one is also killer. You wanted smooth @Von_Steyr ? Well you got served, smooth and creamy to the point of dripping. :rofl:

The choice of channel is really a nice thing, great to have that in an acqua, that's the one thing I find formidable with Plugin Alliance channels. I hope they make that a rule for every plugs to come from them and update the previous acquas with that feature. It's very good.

Love the tube Pre (the 1, the 2 is also great, but the 1 is spectacular, those are in fact vintage tape emu)....Do not touch that one if you want transparency....

• Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  5. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

:break:

Will demo. :)
    Thank you for informing us. :cheers:

• Like Like x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  6. Jaymz

Jaymz Audiosexual

7. Jaymz

Jaymz Audiosexual

an EMI Redd Cream Console ! lol \m/..\m/

8. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

Henry the Redd also known as crème brûlée.

Welcome to the geek side of AS. :hillbilly:

9. Jaymz

Jaymz Audiosexual

for anyone who may not know what is on the way from AA watch this vid ;) Skip to 8:55

• Like Like x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  10. Nightmix

Nightmix Producer

LOL @ that room reverb. Hoped they livestreamed that or something from a phone, otherwise it doesn't make a high end studio plugin developer look very good. (Even though their plugins are the arguably the best.)

11. Nightmix

Nightmix Producer

I also have to LOL at the graphics for Cream. If I inherited a piece of equipment that rusty, I wouldn't expect the rust to only be on the outside and I wouldn't expect the unit to be in good working order. I think the graphics designer went a little overboard. :bleh:

12. Nightmix

Nightmix Producer

Hehe the next big plugin idea: emulation of messed up sound sampled from actual broken equipment. :rofl:

13. Nightmix

Nightmix Producer

Oooo! It has a "Magic" switch and knob! I'm guessing... it adds magic? :) Dial only goes to 10 though. :(

14. digitaldragon

digitaldragon Audiosexual

I've got a few Mackie pieces they can sample for this... :rofl:

15. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

Ok people, lets get serious, this is not a slate thread. :thumbsup:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List
  16. wasgedn

wasgedn Banned

a high tech audio carpet could solve....selfmade absorber's seems also better than this fancy cold looking absorbers..

17. giancarlo

giancarlo Producer

The room is very very good, you can hear it in instagram stories. In this video we used a far mic and we compressed it quite a lot.
    It's full of gik acoustic panels, and there is a floating floor and ceil, I can assure reverb is below 0.5
    By the way it is an office

Interesting you comment the mouse and not the elephant in the room looool
    Really I love this. It's like giving a big hint and you didn't see it. You focused on the mic. Like a prestige.

Kudos to jaymz

Last edited: May 8, 2018
    • Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  18. nycdl

nycdl Kapellmeister

Acustica Audio is really amazing stuff . I have to say one of my favorite developers. Thanks for the post ! @Talmi thanks for the post !

19. beatmagnus

beatmagnus Guest

Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2018
  20. Nightmix

Nightmix Producer

What elephant, you mean what looks like an upcoming Acustica DAW at the end? Or the fact that the Acustica developer has an account and replies to threads on the forum linked from audioz.download lol. :mad:

Anyways not sure if "room reverb" is the right term, the mic'd audio just didn't sound very good... boomy or something. Really stands out. Don't you have higher end mics?

Love your plugins. And also Italian engineering. I am just being a smart ass. Please do not take it seriously. ;) Much respect to Acustica Audio. :grooves:

21. giancarlo

giancarlo Producer

I'm surprised you and several guys on an other forum were sure it was caused by the room and not a compressed and far instrument mic - and if you look the pixie closely you understand it would not possible with that crazy amount of bass taps and panels in that small space and with 3 guys inside, clotes, chairs and even an sound-absorbing desk, basically it is like a crowded resting room

This video is not meant to be professional like other ones we did, and it is just an informal one. Other ones will follow. I'm perfectly fine till you can understand what we say. I don't know, maybe we'll buy a mic. Maybe not. For sure I'll not place my akg solidtube in that room I'm not singing like steven slate ahahah

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List