Acustica Audio presents: Ochre - FREE EQ plugin

Discussion in 'Software News' started by theDingus, Aug 26, 2015.

1. theDingus

theDingus Audiosexual

[​IMG]

Acustica is pleased to introduce Ochre “HOMEBREW” Eq, an EQ with 3 parametric bands, individually switchable. It’s the first plug-in of the HOMEBREW series, a new series of Acqua plug-ins with gorgeous graphical user interfaces that enable easy and quick parameter changes.

[​IMG]

OPERATION:
    • Output slider control plug-in output gain
    • The PRE-IN button enables (lamp ON) or bypasses (lamp OFF) the preamp stage of Ochre q
    • POWER button sets to bypass the plug-in or not-bypasses
    • Input Trim: This knob sets the input level from -24dB to +24dB, and is used to control the signal level inside the eq, the output level is than automatically compensated by the same amount of gain.
      At the first execution of the plug-in, input is set to ensure that you feed an appropriate level from the first stage of your signal path to the final one
    • INPUT – OUTPUT VU METER measure the input (uppest position meter) and output (lowest position meter) levels of the plug-in
    Each band is controlled independently by an identical set of controls; for Low Frequency ,Mid Frequency, High Frequency, each section has controls for:
    • Q: from 0.5 to 4
    • Frequency: Low band from 35 to 315 Hz
      Mid band from 315 to 2500 Hz
      High band from 2500 to 22000 Hz
    • Cut/Boost: +/-16dB

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS:

[​IMG]

Ochre Free is available as a FREE download for Windows and Mac (VST/AU)

[​IMG]

More INFO: Acustica Audio | Ochre Free

Last edited: Aug 27, 2015
  3. johnyrebb

johnyrebb Ultrasonic

Thank you for the news about this!

4. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

Sweet! Another great freebie from Acustica Audio. Thanks Dingus. :mates:

5. peghead

peghead Platinum Record

Very nice indeed. I love Acustica Audio stuff. And free? Wow!!!

6. Scarlet Pimpernell

Scarlet Pimpernell Noisemaker

Noticed free downloads for Nebula 3 Free Bundle, AcquaVox and Red thanks to your link which I had no idea about and really missed since moving to Logic on a Mac. Nice collection of free programs for the Nebula 3 bundle...So nice to get some of that sound back in my mixes!!!
    :grooves: :headbang:

...oh and there's Stradipad Free - Swedish Strings for Windows folks, although probably academic as that one's already cracked on Windows.

I urge you mac guys to give these a wirl. Nothing quite like the sound you get from Acustica IMHO, period! :beg:

7. audiowolf

audiowolf Producer

Nice looking plugin. I tried four times to register on the Acustica site but it keeps telling me I'm a spammer. :dunno: Don't suppose anyone has a direct link (to the windows installer)?

8. theDingus

theDingus Audiosexual

9. Clandestine

Clandestine Platinum Record

Can't do that as is added to your dashboard for download and some require password to enter cloud though this one doesn't if I recall.

It would take uploading it & linking & of course that against the rules i think

Check your browser settings or a different browser and try again is worth it coz it a good plugin and if u register there some other good free stuff & u will have access to updates etc

Good luck

Last edited: Aug 27, 2015
  10. Cav Emp

Cav Emp Audiosexual

Neat.

@theDingus we've never spoken but it's really cool of you to always bring all of us the news -- in such clean, convenient format too!

11. theDingus

theDingus Audiosexual

It's truly my pleasure.
    I go toilet now.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  12. audiowolf

audiowolf Producer

Thanks for replying, looks like it's available on 'the other site' now if anyone doesn't want to register.

13. Clandestine

Clandestine Platinum Record

Would still try & register if you able audiowolf as u can get some other good stuff 4 free and then once u registered u just download the updates through your dashboard.

They do update them quite often so well worth keeping an eye on what happening. The registering can be hard & sometimes they don't get stuff done straight away but the customer service has gotten much better.

I have a couple of Aqua plugins and they amazing. I've also had some problems with licensing due to upgrades but to be fair they have always sorted it for me. They bringing out some well exciting stuff, a little pricey but worth it if you are selective about what you need etc.

Glad u sorted it out.

Get the Red EQ also as that pretty awesome & free as well. Of course if u own Nebula server etc legit u can run the aqua library in Nebual also which is extra cool :wink:

14. sideshowtmc

sideshowtmc Producer

Nebula server and acqua will be uploaded soon to the sister site in a month tops. Been working on them for last 6 months, just need to get the whole set done so in case it gets patched in their next updates.
    If if anyone owns any acqua plugins pls pm me I could really use your help.

15. sideshowtmc

sideshowtmc Producer

Also whoever can help out ill send you some gifts I cracked the I can't upload as of yet because I don't want shit to get patched

16. mild pump milk

mild pump milk Russian Milk Drunkard

Thanks. But, emulation of what? Or just "a new digital EQ" built on Acustica/Acqua technology? but this technology is "digitized/sampled from gear"...or what?)

17. theDingus

theDingus Audiosexual

From SteDal in the Acustica Audio Forum:

"At this point I'd like to give some additional info about Ochre and the hardware behind it.

In the early 80s I was still a music student with a strong passion for audio electronics. The acoustical response of the music room in my house wasn't that great, so (rather naively) I thought about building a parametric eq to correct it.
    Of course we had no Internet back then (yet, believe it or not, life could be great even without Google... 8-) ), and it wasn't easy for a non-professional like me to find schematics, let alone those of high quality commercial devices.

For testing purposes I built samples of two different eq designs I found floating around somewhere (I seem to remember that one of them had been published by the glorious Elektor Electronics magazine).
    Then, one day a friend of mine handed me a copy of a different, somewhat simpler and more elegant schematic. I was intrigued, so I tested it and had a clear impression of a better, more transparent sound; I decided to design and build a stereo eq with 3 + 3 of such bands. So far, so good.

Fast forward to 2005. One day I happened to have a look at the schematic of model 2800, a parametric eq designed by SAE in the late 70's... It rang a bell. A quick search in my DIY archive revealed that the eq I built more than 20 years before (and still working, mind you!) was closely inspired by that device from the 70's, which, in turn, showed more than a resemblance with the almost mythical Sontec 432. Well, there was a good reason back then for me to like the way it sounded, after all!

Of course, the 432 is a whole different beast; it's built like a tank, the quality of the hardware is stellar, etc., but the comparatively lowly 2800 had the same bridged-T topology at its heart, albeit with a different bootstrapping circuit and a serial configuration (the three parametric bands in the 432 are connected in parallel, instead).

In a nutshell, this is the story of this eq.
    The way I see it, Ochre is a kind of a pilot episode by Acustica Audio (a free one, at that!) paving the way for things to come. Giancarlo had this vision of software replicating unique pieces of hardware; possibly, in some cases, one could even build something expressly for that scope. I'm glad to open the dances, then.

Actually, as soon as G told me he was interested in sampling this eq, I thought I'd better recap it, swap the old bread-and-butter op-amps for last generation ones and provide it with a discrete output buffer complete with Sowter transformer - as it's always the case with Acqua plugins, the user can switch the "colour" preamp stage on or off at will. Now my eq is at its best ever.

And so here it is, Ochre... an everyday workhorse eq with 3 parametric bands and all the analog flavour that only Acqua technology is capable of. And what is more, it's fucking free, so shut your goddamn pie-holes if you don't like it you ungrateful vacuous pieces of shit!"

Last edited: Aug 28, 2015
  18. mild pump milk

mild pump milk Russian Milk Drunkard

Cool, thanks a lot)