Acustica Audio Orange EQ

Discussion in 'Software News' started by coolbeanz, Sep 11, 2014.

1. coolbeanz

coolbeanz Platinum Record

[​IMG]

About:

The Orange Eq is inspired by the sound of a much sought-after American equalizer used in the 1980’s in nearly all areas of audio: audio amplification, recording studio, broadcasting, disco, theatre. The name itself has been thoughtfully chosen and subtly refers to the original name of this famous equalizer – just to pique the curiosity of those who are familiar with the field, we leave it up to your imagination and knowledg. A stand-out difference is that, instead of having 8 bands, the Orange EQ is a single-channel four-band quasi-parametric equalizer with the convenience of graphic-type EQ controls providing up to 16dB of boost or cut. The quasi-parametric technique was adopted because it allows to deliver a top-notch sound quality without compromising distortion, noise, accuracy and reliability. This powerful tool is designed to provide the quality and performance required by professionals, and also the versatility needed by advanced audiophiles. The sound quality of the Orange EQ is crisp and clean, and does not affect the sound beyond your expectations, but you can even give it a radically different “colour” from the original.

[​IMG]

Controls:

Input Gain: sets the gain of input signal from 0 dB to +10 dB.

Eq Section: Orange Eq provides four bands equalization, each band is controlled by two knob and a slider, delivering smooth semi-parametric equalization.
    The upper knob selects the frequency, lower knob controls the Q factor, the available values are 0, 5 or 10 while the slider controls the gain which is approximately ±16dB. The control switches engage the low band 2, available frequency range from 20Hz to 60Hz . A further click over the switch turn off the band.

Available frequencies are 20Hz to 60Hz for low band 1, 50Hz to 150Hz for low band 2, 105Hz to 300Hz for low mid band 3, 250Hz to 750Hz for low mid band 4, 500Hz to 1.6kHz for high mid band 5, 1.25kHz to 4kHz for high mid band 6, 3.15kHz to 8kHz for high band 7 and 6.3kHz to 20kHz for high band 8.

Band Switch: each band allows you to select between two sub bands with a swich. Throwgh the switch you can also turn off the band.

Bypass: This switch control sets the plugin operative or bypassed.

Available in WIN VST 32bit & 64bit and MAC VST 32bit & 64bit / AU 32bit. Price: €20.00 (Normally €30.00. Save €10.00 using their new PAY-BACK POLICY discount program.)

More Info:

Acustica Audio Orange EQ

3. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

you can download the full version (MAC/WIN), when you created a free account.

4. mild pump milk

mild pump milk Russian Milk Drunkard

Is it based on Nebula's technologies as others plugins by Acustica Audio, CDSoundMaster etc.? Or smthng new???

5. Guitarmaniac64

Guitarmaniac64 Platinum Record

I could not dl it asked for a password when i tried to checkout

6. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

password is provided :bleh: try again.

7. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

Thanks for the info coolbeanz. :grooves:

8. Guitarmaniac64

Guitarmaniac64 Platinum Record

Yeah i saw that when i tried again i am to tired have been working all day long :)

9. coolbeanz

no prob, Catalyst

i have an account with acustica-audio...but you're telling me that i can make a new one & download this plugin for free (or any others from their site)?

gonna have to check that out. i didn't know/see anything about that on there. i appreciate the info!

10. copylefter

copylefter Producer

You can download every aqua plug-in full installer for "free".
    Only one little detail: you need a license to make em work :rofl:
    As a sidenote: I used their free RedEQ on a couple projects and jeez, it sound good. Try it guys, it's worth and not even too much resource demanding compared to other Nebula stuff.

11. coolbeanz

HA! that didn't cross my mind at all. d'oh! :snuffy:

i also use the RedEQ. LOVE it!

12. Nightmix

Nightmix Producer

THREAD NECROMANCY

Acustica has completely deleted all traces of Orange from their site. If anyone still has an installable download saved, it would be really nice if they could upload it to sister site. I think sister site has all the old free plugins except for this one.