Acustica Audio N4 problem

Discussion in 'Software' started by kidstretch, Apr 13, 2018.

1. kidstretch

kidstretch Member

I've bought N4, had some old libraries, plus some free from Henry Olonga.
    But when i try to load them, i get no controls or anything, N4 says DSC: Reference Initialization Preset FRT: 44100 Hz -> 44100 Hz <- with the second arrow blinking.
    Is there any solution to make it work?
    Thanks in advance!

3. Talmi

Talmi Audiosexual

They've released a batch of fresh updates of N4 lately. Finaly working with acquas, latest tech implemented, much more stable etc...and more importantly you can now get it directly in Aquarius. I would back up my xml then reinstall through aquarius the latest version, which was released yesterday.
    You'll have the added bonus to get violet in acqua since you bought N4.

Edit : also, forgot about an important element : nebula setup is now directly available inside N4....Very powerfull with the Olonga library if you want to do your own personalized lib...Much easier to realize now.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2018
  4. timer

timer Producer

Do the programs show up in the browser ("Finder")?

If not, there are a few things you can try:
    1. Check if N4 and the Acustica libs are registered properly.
    2. Delete "Temp" directory contents.
    3. Go to Settings->Engine MAST page ( basic ) and set SCAN BOOT to "1 recovery". Don't forget to save. Reload N4.
    4. If you're using alternative data paths, add them in settings or in N4.xml. Again, save and reload.

Just did the update myself, this seems to have worked so far.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  5. kidstretch

kidstretch Member

I removed everything and did a clean install of N4, now i have another problem...
    It only loads the 360 programs that came with my purchase.
    I removed the temp files, installed one extra library, but it only scans 360 programs (and produces 360 temp files).
    Cannot load the other ones, before i was able to install others, but it' wouldn't do anything when i loaded them.

Engine MAST page ( basic ) and set SCAN BOOT to "1 recovery" - it's ok.

I have 2 HDs' on my PC, i keep the libraries on disk D, in an Acustica folder.
    It loads the 360 programs from that folder, but adding new ones to that folder is not working, not showing the newer programs on the list...

6. Talmi

Talmi Audiosexual

In the latest updates you can edit in settings/alternative data path where N4 searches for your libraries.
    Are you sure you copied vectors/programs of your personal libraries in the right respectives folders (vectors and programs) in N4 setup folder ?
    I've copied all my libs there where I installed N4 on a secondary ssd and no problem here all my libraries appear in N4 browser.

7. kidstretch

kidstretch Member

Yes, it's all there, for some reason it doesn't show the extra libs.
    Can you tell me one lib that you installed and worked? I'll try to install this.

8. Talmi

Talmi Audiosexual

9. kidstretch

kidstretch Member

Well, it seems i solved it, i was using VST2, which was a no go, installed VST3 and it works with more libs!

Also VST3 format has a setups menu next to settings, which VST2 does not have...

10. Talmi

Talmi Audiosexual

? None of that is normal. You should have all that in the vst 2 (the setup menu which gives you access to Nebula setup directly in N4 is also in the vst 2). I never use vst 3. The pic I took is from N4 vst 2 and I also have the setup menu. Strange. :dunno:
    As long as you get things running it's the main thing. :wink:. The vst3 should work as good as vst2 as long as your host supports vst 3, which most daws do nowadays.

11. kidstretch

kidstretch Member

Yeap, glad it worked, VST3 it is for N4 then! Every lib seems to work fine! :) Thank for your help Talmi! :)

12. Navid Rahbar

Navid Rahbar Member

I have a question about N4, can I use some old cracked libs with N4?
    thnx guys

13. KungPaoFist

KungPaoFist Audiosexual

Random note about Acustica if you have distinguished taste, much better then UAD or Waves in the areas it covers.

14. Supertrooper

Supertrooper Newbie

Hi there!

I noticed you are very helpful to noobies. N4 acustica audio refuses to install properly on my Win7 64bits. The host DAW refuses to even load the N4.dll which I been forced to generate from my win 7 64 bit laptop with Nebula VST2 folder downloaded from acustica-audio. Any you way could help around this problem is mightily appreciated: I'm totally floored by this obstacle as I'm no noob to DAWs but this?!!! Thanks for reading

15. Talmi

Talmi Audiosexual

What do you mean by that ? I might be able to help if you can tell what happens when you try to launch nebula installer on your computer ? It's an installer that you should have donwloaded from Acustica website, from your personal space, not a dll that you generate, I don't get that part.
    Since you've downloaded the installer I'm guessing your computer is online so why don't you use acquarius to take care of the setup part and authorisation part for you ?
    Either way the setup is pretty straight forward, either acquarius does it for you or your download the installer (an exe) and it happens as with any other regular installation, you shouldn' have to generate anything from a folder.