Acustica Audio invalidated my BF purchase

Discussion in 'Software' started by Exidus, Dec 5, 2019.

1. Exidus

Exidus Rock Star

Well Ladies and Gents, @giancarlo ,

I just received a notification that my BF purchase from Acustica Audio is invalidated with no explanation given...

funny thing is that their BF promo email states:

I wonder if they are going to invalidate the whole BF sale at one point...
    I hope I hear from you, @giancarlo with some details on how this works...

As for the rest here:
    I would compel you not to buy anything from there until this is resolved...
    EDIT: Also... any legal advise will be highly appreciated :mates:
    I contacted the Support team and recieved an automatic response that they are having alot of queries and the respond time is extended up to 7 working days. All this happened before me posting here

The Story:
    I went there to check if the combined price of their discounted products during BF is lower than their own Ultimate Dreamware Collection Bundle that they had until the BF sale.. So I was prepared to spend around 1500 if that was the case (the bundle is around 2000)...
    I putted all of their Aqua plugins in the basket, before even logging in my account and the total after all the discounts was 110 eur (excl. VAT).
    I logged in, I paid and received their receipt. All the products were added to my account and that was it.. Until today...

I didnt looked once in the basket total while adding products because I was interested in the total... The first time I saw the total price was when I pressed Checkout after adding all the products...

Last edited: Dec 5, 2019
  3. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

If you bought it and have the receipt, you own it. It went trough. There are EU laws that would have to be considered though, we need a lawyer to answer this.

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  4. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  5. TinTin

TinTin Platinum Record

it was clear on some point and you know exactly why , you should write the whole story .

6. Exidus

Exidus Rock Star

There is not so much of a story... I went to their website, putted all of their Aqua plugins in the basket, before even logging in my account and the total after all the discounts was 110 eur (excl. VAT).
    I logged in, I paid and received their receipt. All the products were added to my account and that was it.. Until today...

I have done nothing wrong or illegal. There is a Black Friday sale going on after all... The purchase went trough and I paid with my own PayPal account.
    I admit that the total was surprisingly low but it had nothing to do with any of my actions as a consumer in their web-shop (what I'm saying is that I have done absolutely nothing to manipulate the total amount)... So even it the total was 10 eur and the sale goes though - it should be considered final, according to their own statement...

Last edited: Dec 5, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. twoheart

twoheart Audiosexual

It depends on legislation. In Germany for instance a retailer has to deliver goods as advertised, even if there is a dramatic typo in the price tag. There have been a lot of lawsuits won by people who bought goods, even cars, when the dealer obviously placed the decimal point at the wrong digit. He had to sell at that price and lost thousands of €€€, message from the court: dealers better read their prices twice before going public.

Almost all software vendors use the term "all sales are final. no returns." The should behave the same they want it from their customers: All sales are final! For both sides!
    If you as a vendor made a typo you should account for it. If it's painful, you'll at least learn sth.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  8. realitybytez

realitybytez Audiosexual

have you contacted Acustica Audio support? i would think that should be your first step before posting here. i would not expect to get a response from them based on a post here.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  9. Exidus

Exidus Rock Star

I did, and it was..
    I contacted the Support team and received an automatic response that they are having alot of queries and the respond time is extended up to 7 working days. All this happened before I posted here.

10. Karlsplatz

Karlsplatz Kapellmeister

And you did so because?

A, you wanted to buy all for, what should it have been, 4000-5000€ ?

B, you found out there is a glitch and wanted to make use oft it?

So there is no story to it? Tell me again..

11. Exidus

Exidus Rock Star

I went there to check if the combined price of their discounted products during BF is lower than their own Ultimate Dreamware Collection Bundle that they had until the BF sale.. So I was prepared to spend around 1500 if that was the case (the bundle is around 2000)...
    I didnt looked once in the basket total while adding products because I was interested in the total... The first time I saw the total price was when I pressed Checkout after adding all the products...

12. Karlsplatz

Karlsplatz Kapellmeister

Did you honestly think there was no mistake involved?

13. Exidus

Exidus Rock Star

At the point of me purchasing - yes.. After I had my first post - that I made simply because I thought it is something in the lines of the BF - and saw the comments, I started to suspect a glitch...
    Do you honestly believe that if I suspected a glitch during the time of the purchase I would have made the post after? It's BECAUSE I understood that there might be a glitch, I asked Oly to remove the thread.

Anyway... glitch or no glitch - the sale went through so it should be considered final....

14. Karlsplatz

Karlsplatz Kapellmeister

So you know it was happening by a glitch and you were ready to spend 1500€.
    Write them an email and ask for a special price for the complete bundle. I bet they would offer a good one and you dont have to fear cancelation afterwards.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List
  15. A Ghost On The Moon

A Ghost On The Moon Producer

im with you. They fucked up and then stole from you

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  16. AudioTee

AudioTee Kapellmeister

I'm guessing they saw your other post regarding the BF sale, then searched and found your order in their system and hit the delete button.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  17. Exidus

Exidus Rock Star

I doubt it...

18. Misterguywick

Misterguywick Producer

what was your thought pattern, raising this issue in audiosex.. as opposed to emailing them your print screens/posting on geasrslutz? seriously i'm so confused

19. Exidus

Exidus Rock Star

I'm not active there and I know that AA dev is here quite often. Moreover I feel this community like a family where I know I can get good advises on the topic...
    I dont have to email them anything... I am pretty sure they have all the receipts (they were the ones sending them to me...) I've contacted Support also and I didnt like the automated response that it might take up to 7 working days for an answer cos "they are busy"

20. Gyro Gearloose

Gyro Gearloose Audiosexual

yes
    giancarlo was last seen:

Nov 26, 2019
    whats confusing bout raising pressure on a puplic forum dev is on too...

or what is confusing bout to let us know ...

21. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

Dont want to burst your bubble, but all you can get here is a bunch of likes.
    Most hobos here are just wasting time, waiting for the next denise cracked plugin to show up on AZ.
    Giancarlo probably printed your receipt and hanged it in his office as a good ol "war" story that he can share with his children one day.

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List