Acustica Audio Installation Help for Mac Users

Discussion in 'Software' started by tylerv, Dec 5, 2023.

1. Jonk

Jonk Newbie

I'm trying to get Ultramarine4 working with Mac os Catalina here. Ultramarine has several plugins within including eq, reverb. I can get them all to load but the first one, the compressor, says 'please authorize product.' I ran the script in this thread

function prep() {
    sudo xattr -cr "$1"
    sudo xattr -r -d com.apple.quarantine "$1"
    sudo codesign --force --deep --sign - "$1"
    }
    prep "/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST3/ULTRAMARINE4.vst3"

Terminal appears to run the command, but I still need to authorize the compressor. Anybody know what's going on? Again, the reverb and eq's in the ultramarine package seem to load and gui works. I haven't listened to audio yet. But the compressor needs to be "authorized"

2. Londoner

Londoner Member

Has anyone got these working in Logic natively under M1? It seems there's conflicting reports of some working and others not working as a AU under M1 on Logic / Sonoma natively? Thank-you

3. wakeup

wakeup Newbie

I assumed you placed well the framework.
    So what to do...
    You have to copy the content of the folder into each proper location. Into components you copy all the content of the AU file.
    If there is a R2R folder, you open it and copy all the content of the file "Common" into the Components/VST/VST3 folder. (All the contents, not the folder!) if you use only vst or AU or vst 3, copy only to the content of the right folder for you.

Then

You need to edit the instructions on the text file, each time you want to codesign the plugin you want to install.

The text contains an error for AU and use AMBER3 as a base.

If you want to install let's say JET x64.component

What you need to do is to replace amber3.component with JET x64.component. But not only.
    You also need to correct the AU by Components.

That would be more like this :

function prep() {
    sudo xattr -cr "$1"
    }
    prep "/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST3/JET x64.vst3"
    prep "/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/JET x64.component"
    prep "/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST/JET x64.vst"

Then open terminal. It's an app within your mac. And copy the exact text for your plugin (here JET x64) and enter password and that's it.

I don't need to codesign. It works for me directly in the daw. But I assume it can be different for other mac users.

Also if you use only AU for instance, you don't need all the lines so you can have something like this and it's done;

function prep() {
    sudo xattr -cr "$1"
    }
    prep "/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/JET x64.component"

Does it helped ?

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  4. Pedra Sofia

Pedra Sofia Ultrasonic

same question here, I have to move things around, make space just to install these and I cant even figure out how to completely un install any previous Acustica Audio trash

5. tylerv

tylerv Platinum Record

Yes! this helped a ton! thank u for being so thorough with your explainations.

6. YungstarProd

YungstarProd Member

Hey y'all,
    Need help installing SALT aax and AU...
    The instructions eludes me with these two. Got VST3 working.

EDIT: Got AU working too, even if it's not apple silicon.

Just AAX now.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2023
  7. Pedra Sofia

Pedra Sofia Ultrasonic

so please correct us m1 OSX Samona users ( I did not see any info about it here) so I ask, has anyone with m1 Samona or Ventura try these AA plugs yet?

8. YungstarProd

YungstarProd Member

I can confirm MacOS Monterey is working.

9. Pedra Sofia

Pedra Sofia Ultrasonic

hope its not like the early soundtoys plugin days where soundtoys themselves posted their 32bit software on sites just weeks prior to releasing 64bit versions., cause no one using silicon chip Macs has confirmed the plugs work yet

10. Sun_Lion

Sun_Lion Member

Working here, Monterey M1 Pro

11. manticore

manticore Member

with the next release of r2r i will screen record the process of making the plugins work with windows release version

12. manticore

manticore Member

i have all the plugins working both vst3 and au both in ableton and logic 10.8.1 in sonoma

13. Gimsen

Gimsen Newbie

[QUOTE="Jonk, post: 741037, member: 59604"]I'm trying to get Ultramarine4 working with Mac os Catalina here. Ultramarine has several plugins within including eq, reverb. I can get them all to load but the first one, the compressor, says 'please authorize product.' I ran the script in this thread

function prep() {
    sudo xattr -cr "$1"
    }
    prep "/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST3/ULTRAMARINE4.vst3"

Terminal appears to run the command, but I still need to authorize the compressor. Anybody know what's going on? Again, the reverb and eq's in the ultramarine package seem to load and gui works. I haven't listened to audio yet. But the compressor needs to be "authorized"[/QUOTE]

I also Got The same problem with some effects like Comps, gainstation 1 and 2 etc it says needs to be authorized i really hope somebody Can help me fix it

Last edited: Dec 19, 2023
  14. Pedra Sofia

Pedra Sofia Ultrasonic

Ok these are all components not vst 3, great job!

15. Pedra Sofia

Pedra Sofia Ultrasonic

now I need to know how to block Acustica in my firewall cause it accepts incoming traffic and I cant shut it off, the prefs wont let me save it when I choose so.

16. clone

clone Audiosexual

if I was going to block a group of plugins where normally 90% of it's size was protection-related and they kept adding more and more plugins, I would consider blocking it via hosts file. /sudo nano /etc/hosts. 0.0.0.0 acustica-audio.com. ctrl+o for write out.

Block the Logic app and the entire /library/audio/plug-ins/components folder. or /vst3. your firewall rules will generally let you re-add this folder again, when the contents of it have changed. You can block it again after installing anything new. in LuLu anyway...

17. Pedra Sofia

Pedra Sofia Ultrasonic

can you drag the VSt component folder unto Lulu or little snitch?
    If you won many plugs should you block all of them?

I managed to get my firewall to block incoming connections for apps, it just took minutes, I found out many people had the same impression about it not working until I told them, everyone got it to work, apple did it on purpose.

So im blocking incoming connections with firewall, little snitch, Lulu and host (host solved issues with many developers causing plugs back into demo mode)
    And for the host address should it not be 127.0.0.1 acustica-audio.com ?
    On Mac the routine is like this upload_2023-12-22_0-22-46.png

Last edited: Dec 21, 2023
  18. clone

clone Audiosexual

you do not drag the folder to LuLu. You click Add Rules button on bottom right of LuLu, click Browse, click the folder you want to block, like VST. It will highlight the folder in blue, and then hit Open. It will add the entire directory to the firewall rules. When you put new things into that folder, you can re-add the folder; and it does allow that. It will direct the newly added items to also be firewalled.

I do not have Little Snitch installed right now. I do not see an option in LuLu to add multiple items at once. That would be helpful for big bundles. There is too much info needed to just edit and use the plist, manually. So I use hosts.

Hosts can use either 0.0.0.0 or 127.0.0.1. If you need to know why, than google it.

Those directions for editing hosts file are fine. Just remember to "Write Out", which is Control+O to save your changes. Accept to confirm you are writing it to /etc/hosts.

And to veer back on-topic, I would like to mention that the directions i have seen posted for this, are so unnecessarily complicated.

Logic:

1) install Aquarious, download one trial plugin and let it install. Close Aquarius.
    2) Replace Framework with r2r framework.
    3) extract the plugin files and Common! in R2R folder.
    4) place all R2R common folder content in /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components
    5) Place all files from AU folder to /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components
    6) Codesign, if necessary.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2023
  19. Pedra Sofia

Pedra Sofia Ultrasonic

Wasn't the point of the plugs to avoid Aquarius and install slimmed down versions?

20. the_shoggoth_cometh

the_shoggoth_cometh Newbie

In the instructions, it states-- "I've included a highly compressed zip file of R2Rs decrypted library into /R2R/
    Unzip it and place all of the files next to your plugin and xml file.-- My questions is, where exactly is the "/R2R/"? It is not located in any release I downloaded. I even downloaded some Windows releases from R2R thinking it might bet there but no dice. Any help is appreciated!