Acustica Audio Installation Help for Mac Users

Discussion in 'Software' started by tylerv, Dec 5, 2023.

1. tylerv

tylerv Platinum Record

Hey everybody!! This is a help request for installing the the new acustica releases that we Mac users are finally getting a chance to sample. hopefully. eventually... with your help lol

specific things I (and many others if you just look at the comment section of each release) could use some help or explaination on are :

(excerpts from .txt included with AMBER realease)

-"I've included a highly compressed zip file of R2Rs decrypted library into /R2R/
    Unzip it and place all of the files next to your plugin and xml file.
    Should look like this: https://i.ibb.co/NCXCWTg/image.png
    Or See the folder structure picture on
    Acustica Audio Framework 2023 macOS release"

'next to?'
    does this mean inside? and do we not just drop the unzipped file into said location?

-"After placing AU VST VST3 on the correct folder,
    Codesign them. Edit the following Reference Code or Google"

function prep() {
    sudo xattr -cr "$1"
    sudo xattr -r -d com.apple.quarantine "$1"
    sudo codesign --force --deep --sign - "$1"
    }
    prep "/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST3/AMBER3.vst3"
    prep "/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/AU/AMBER3.component"
    prep "/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST/AMBER3.vst"

what is codesigning? yes i've googled it but it's been a bit unclear on how exactly to do it. do i need an app?

"edit the reference code?"
    to say what? edit how?

"or google?"...
    google what? wtf man??

I myself am on Mojave 10.14.5 if it matters. i hope the structure of this post isn't as confusing for u as the instructions are obviously proving to be for me lol:crazy:

What would be even more AMAZING would be a video of someone simply installing their next acustica release, but that may be asking too much.

3. clone

clone Audiosexual

by "next to" he means those other files should NOT be placed inside the BLACKDATA folder. It looks like a mess and you would expect all those files to normally go into the Blackdata folder too. They do not.

The code to codesign those files is what happens here, in red text. Copy this text and then paste it into a Terminal.app. Here is a trick for pasting in long sections of text like this. When you first open Terminal, type the command: sudo whoami

sudo is short for "superuser do", and whoami asks what login you are using. It will ask for your password. It should return with the answer Root. Then paste in the commands all at once. I always do this because the multiple commands you are pasting will run into your attempt to type your password.

function prep() {
    sudo xattr -cr "$1"
    }
    prep "/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST3/AMBER3.vst3"
    prep "/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/AU/AMBER3.component"
    prep "/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST/AMBER3.vst"

4. francescosiba

francescosiba Newbie

Hello, I'm getting so hard times as well trying to install it... Did you find any solution? What I did is just place in the AU, VST and VST3 folders the corrispettive contents, after that I copied the R2R/COMMON folder content in VST3 folder exactly as it is (EXAMPLE : VST 3 FOLDER contains not only the VS3 content but also the R2R/COMMON content leaving exactly what is outside from the plugin renamed folder). Then I codesigned every single plug in, but in the guide there is only the example of AMBER3. So I supposed to codesign only the main name of each plug in, but I see in some folders there are so many .components, .vst and .vst3 that I have doubt regarding to codesign every single name. For example only in Amber3, there is AMBER3 COMP, AMBER3 PRE, AMBER3 STRIP etc. Then I installed Framework between the installation of plug ins( creating folder, terminal etc) ... everything seems so messy because only later I realized that maybe was the first step. The result is that I opened logic pro X and when I open an Acustica plug in they make the software crash. Now, for sure I'm going to delete and try to install everything again but since is not so fast procedure, I kindly ask to somebody of you guys with a good heart to share if possibile the ordered procedure to install successfully this amazing bundle, because the R2R guide is very reductive and some not very experienced users like me, can easily get confused. PS : My OSX is Monterey 12.7.1
    Thank you so much for your attention.

5. Pedra Sofia

Pedra Sofia Ultrasonic

I think the proper route is a step by step guide based on system and computer, example: Mac m1 OSX Samona
    How to un install previous versions if any,
    then how to install

6. izotope666

izotope666 Member

Also can some tell if AU is working or not in Logic? The instruction on this release has to be the worst I have ever seen. It would be good if someone experienced can make a video of them installing this.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  7. Jenkins12345

Jenkins12345 Noisemaker

yes im have trouble, but its more to do with where I put the N2S files or should they all just go in the Components folder.

Also I noticed the text is wrong, it should be components and not AU as the path, here is what I did for the Au and it worked and found the file in terminal:

function prep() {

sudo xattr -cr "$1"

}

prep "/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/ULTRAMARINE4 x64.component"

8. izotope666

izotope666 Member

What s $1? Do I have to replace it with something?

9. tylerv

tylerv Platinum Record

yea, i have gotten so frustrated with it over the last 3-4 days i've just had to take a break from trying. i pretty much agree unfortunately that short of someone being kind enough to share a video of simply installing their next aa release i may not get to indulge. even when someone tries to break it down for me i'm lost.. i mean i've been a active user of the wares community for 5+ yrs which i know isn't nearly as long as many here but i'm far from a noob. but these have me feeling like i did the very first time i attempted the download and install of my first k'd waves bundle (which was my very first experience with k'd anything) lol.

10. MrLyannMusic

MrLyannMusic Audiosexual

i managed to create a script manually that made all the plugins work but only the VST3, Logic pro x do NOT detect any plugin whatsoever i tried everything...

sudo xattr -cr /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/Acustica/AMBER3*.component
    sudo codesign --force --deep --sign - /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/Acustica/AMBER3*.component
    sudo xattr -cr /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/Acustica/AMETHYST4*.component
    sudo codesign --force --deep --sign - /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/Acustica/AMETHYST4*.component
    sudo xattr -cr /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/Acustica/AQUAMARINE5*.component
    sudo codesign --force --deep --sign - /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/Acustica/AQUAMARINE5*.component
    sudo xattr -cr /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/Acustica/ARCTIC*.component
    sudo codesign --force --deep --sign - /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/Acustica/ARCTIC*.component
    sudo xattr -cr /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/Acustica/ASH*.component
    sudo codesign --force --deep --sign - /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/Acustica/ASH*.component
    sudo xattr -cr /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/Acustica/ASHULTRA*.component
    sudo codesign --force --deep --sign - /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/Acustica/ASHULTRA*.component
    sudo xattr -cr /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/Acustica/AZURE2*.component
    sudo codesign --force --deep --sign - /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/Acustica/AZURE2*.component
    sudo xattr -cr /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/Acustica/BIGCEIL*.component
    sudo codesign --force --deep --sign - /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/Acustica/BIGCEIL*.component
    sudo xattr -cr /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/Acustica/BLACK*.component
    sudo codesign --force --deep --sign - /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/Acustica/BLACK*.component
    sudo xattr -cr /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/Acustica/BIGCEIL*.component
    sudo codesign --force --deep --sign - /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/Acustica/BIGCEIL*.component
    sudo xattr -cr /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/Acustica/BLOND*.component
    sudo codesign --force --deep --sign - /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/Acustica/BLOND*.component
    sudo xattr -cr /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/Acustica/DIAMOND*.component
    sudo codesign --force --deep --sign - /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/Acustica/DIAMOND*.component
    sudo xattr -cr "/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/Acustica/EL REY*.component"
    sudo codesign --force --deep --sign - "/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/Acustica/EL REY*.component"
    sudo xattr -cr "/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/Acustica/EL REY2*.component"
    sudo codesign --force --deep --sign - "/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/Acustica/EL REY2*.component"
    sudo xattr -cr /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/Acustica/FIRETHEASH*.component
    sudo codesign --force --deep --sign - /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/Acustica/FIRETHEASH*.component
    sudo xattr -cr /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/Acustica/FIRETHEPUMP*.component
    sudo codesign --force --deep --sign - /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/Acustica/FIRETHEPUMP*.component
    sudo xattr -cr /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/Acustica/GAINSTATION2*.component
    sudo codesign --force --deep --sign - /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/Acustica/GAINSTATION2*.component
    sudo xattr -cr /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/Acustica/FIRETHEPUMP*.component
    sudo codesign --force --deep --sign - /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/Acustica/FIRETHEPUMP*.component
    sudo xattr -cr /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/Acustica/GOLD5*.component
    sudo codesign --force --deep --sign - /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/Acustica/GOLD5*.component
    sudo xattr -cr /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/Acustica/HONEY3*.component
    sudo codesign --force --deep --sign - /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/Acustica/HONEY3*.component
    sudo xattr -cr /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/Acustica/HWMC*.component
    sudo codesign --force --deep --sign - /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/Acustica/HWMC*.component
    sudo xattr -cr /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/Acustica/JET*.component
    sudo codesign --force --deep --sign - /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/Acustica/JET*.component
    sudo xattr -cr /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/Acustica/MAGICFLOW*.component
    sudo codesign --force --deep --sign - /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/Acustica/MAGICFLOW*.component
    sudo xattr -cr /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/Acustica/LIFT4*.component
    sudo codesign --force --deep --sign - /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/Acustica/LIFT4*.component

11. clone

clone Audiosexual

I almost started to do this for the codesigning last night, but from a different approach. I was going to start with this group of commands below first. This way by using the Find command, we do not need to name every single plugin. It will find them all and then codesign them. However, because of how Acustica plugins need to be in a subdirectory of /BLACKDATA as an example, the script would need to go into all of the folders recursively, cd and then use LS or DIR to get the list of files and codesign all the N2V and NS2 files. I do not think we want to do this with XML files and codesign every one found on the machine.

But then I tried using Codesigner.app to codesign all the necessary files. Obviously it does not like that subdirectory /BLACKDATA either and it returns the error of it not being a "bundle". But when you go into that folder, and then drag all of the contents within it onto Codesigner.app, that works and it automatically handles everything in the folder. Maybe when all new releases stop I will take a look again, but doing it that way is way too easy as it stands. Doesn't work on Ventura, but that's not my problem.

cd /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/

find . -name "*.bundle" -execdir sudo xattr -cr \;
    find . -name "*.VST" -execdir sudo xattr -cr \;
    find . -name "*.vst3" -execdir sudo xattr -cr \;
    find . -name "*.component" -execdir sudo xattr -cr \;
    find . -name "*.dpm" -execdir sudo xattr -cr \;
    find . -name "*.bundle" -execdir sudo codesign -f -s - {} \;
    find . -name "*.VST" -execdir sudo codesign -f -s - {} \;
    find . -name "*.vst3" -execdir sudo codesign -f -s - {} \;
    find . -name "*.component" -execdir sudo codesign -f -s - {} \;
    find . -name "*.dpm" -execdir sudo codesign -f -s - {} \;

12. MrLyannMusic

MrLyannMusic Audiosexual

what os are you on and what's the app Codesigner.app did you use?

13. tylerv

tylerv Platinum Record

ok, so i guess this part of the problem for me too. where the **** is the BLACKDATA folder? are we supposed to create it? is it actually supposed to be named "blackdata"? are we supposed to rename each of the files inside it with the word "BLACK" before it like they are in the photo he attached?

thx so much for trying to help out man. i'm very appreciative.

14. tylerv

tylerv Platinum Record

so i copy/paste this into terminal? is there anything else at all i need to do prior to doing so? do i still need to setup the blackdata bulls**t or just download the release, unzip, run script?

sorry. assume ur talking to a 80 yr old man lol

15. clone

clone Audiosexual

My DAW machine is on High Sierra :guru:. Go on the sister site and search for Codesigner, and it will be one of the first results. I am using v0.9.4 from 2020. You just have to do all of the related files that you have placed into /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components and your other plugin file folders like VST, VST3, etc. So you do all the ones in that main directory together. Then you go into the AA plugin folder like /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/BLACKDATA and then grab all those files and do it again. So it's two separate tasks for each plugin. Even this guys directory structure is bullsh*t.

@tylerv if you are using AU plugins or VST3 plugins on MacOS, your "plugin folder" is either /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components or /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST3. Inside that folder, you should have another folder BLACKDATA. Inside that folder will be the NV2 and N2S xml files. R2R calls them the "common files". Then outside of that folder, are all the other files you see in that image. There should not be an extra folder inside /BLACKDATA/ The files in the release go in one of those two locations, and you should not have "Extras".

These instructions are messy, but only because of the developer's way of doing things. I am not using these myself, but I did get a couple working just to check it out. It's like the Radium directions for installing Logic 4.11 with ES-1 or something.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2023
  16. MrLyannMusic

MrLyannMusic Audiosexual

Thanks but i did get my vst3 to work the problem is that logic do not detect them it's kinda frustrating... i have followed the same instruction for windows where common files should be used with vst3 as well as audiounits... not sure about the BLACKDATA one, i'll do more research and report back.

17. clone

clone Audiosexual

Well, the problem of Logic AuValTool not "seeing" the new plugin is not one I run into. I normally use the little helper app called OSX Validate All AUs. It forces AUValtool to "see" this kind of problematic plugin. I always use it after installing something new because in 95% of cases, it lets Logic scan the new plugin without a reboot. Only every once in a great while do I bump into something where I still need to reboot for Logic to see it. Check your pms.

18. MrLyannMusic

MrLyannMusic Audiosexual

Same actually, never had plugins not being "seen" by logic... this is a first.

Attached Files:

19. clone

clone Audiosexual

well just like the extra steps in Codesigner, I am not that surprised by anything with these instructions and plugins. That extra directory made me laugh. Not one other AU plugin I have is inside it's own folder. The only other even close is Waves.

I might even try to stick them all just in /Components like all other plugins, to see what happens.

I will take a look at the screenshots, but you may want to make sure the code signature being set to one of the plugins is being done correctly, by using the directions with the "prep" codesign method originally in the instructions. I don't see a reason for that, but it's a good idea to not assume things.

Are the screenshots of Studio One just to show they are working correctly in that Host? Logic needs to use AU files only. I saw someone else mention VST2 about Logic but they gave me no answer. I can't even load a VST2 into Logic using Patchwork.

20. Pedra Sofia

Pedra Sofia Ultrasonic

And for m1-m2 Mac users with Samona? will this work or are their hoops?

21. MrLyannMusic

MrLyannMusic Audiosexual

i was actually following the terminal windows after i used what you recommanded and i saw that you got signed properly without spitting out any errors for the first time...
    i did try putting them into an "Acustica" folder instead of each plugin having it's own folder, did not work, but i'll try just dumping them into Component folder...
    i actually have no idea how the commands work i just used my basic logic doing mine, i trusted yours and they worked for me thank you:like:

yes just to show that the vst3 works perfectly in Studio One, funnily enough only the VST3 version are being shown in the Studio one's plugin manager (other plugins have two format available), so i'm pretty sure it's not Logic's fault at this point, but yes they are working fine, expect some plugins can change their windows size and some crachs the daw, (if i had not made that folder then then every plugin would crach when i change their size) so i do not know what's going on here lol :rofl: