Acustica Audio GOLD

Discussion in 'Software News' started by ddd999, Apr 19, 2017.

1. Jaymz

Jaymz Audiosexual

Right on man ! you need to do all their vids \m/ by far best Acustica Audio presentation ive ever seen :wink:

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  2. returnal

returnal Rock Star

Uhhhmmm . . . that might be the best product overview video I've ever seen . . . :thanks:

Last edited: Apr 30, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • List
  3. digitaldragon

digitaldragon Audiosexual

Anyone know what the difference is between the GOLDT and GOLDTZL? Google produces nothing, and no mention of it in the manual that I could find after looking for it twice.

4. tamere

tamere Platinum Record

the GOLDTLZ mean Zero Latency (almost). this version is more for tracking with the plugin but will take a lot more CPU usage. thats it :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  5. Calmond

Calmond Ultrasonic

Great overview!

Are you drawing for Gold to fatten up modern, electronic music with bass or simply when you need a more retro tone?
    I imagine Gold is great for more traditional acoustic sounds but was wondering if the vintage Neve tone gets in the way of more modern sounds...
    Going to see if I can demo this for myself, when I have some time.

6. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

@WillTheWeirdo
    Acustica Audio should hire you.Great overview. :bow:

Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  7. WillTheWeirdo

WillTheWeirdo Audiosexual

I've been using vintage Neve pre's on electronic music for 18 years now, going back to my Tech N9ne Angehellic album work. I love how vintage Neve adds a smooth edge to electronic drums, especially snares. As electronic music moved into being produced in DAW's I noticed the anything run through vintage Neve really helped make mixing easier. The tone and harmonics Gold provide ITB audio are the reasons I love it.

You can run anything through Gold, but drums bass and vocals are my favorite.

8. Jaymz

Jaymz Audiosexual

I agree even tho i work with more rock type music than electronic i do mix eletro too an the Neve pre's are some of my favorites to take the harsh edge off the digital world >>> just my personal use for em like you and i love heavy guitars thru Neve aswell \m/

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  9. Calmond

Calmond Ultrasonic

NIce! So are you mostly using the Gold preamps/comps for harmonic enhancement and using other eqs for tone shaping?

10. WillTheWeirdo

I'm using Gold for both harmonic enhancement and sound manipulation with EQ's and comps when needed.

11. WillTheWeirdo

Amethyst 3 is up....

Here is an overview video.

12. Jaymz

Jaymz Audiosexual

@Bill Vkerchi? disagree?????? O.K. >>> post a better one for us please lol better yet>>> how bout one of your own?

13. skinbeater

skinbeater Newbie

I bought Amethyst today which sounds great and am thinking about picking this one up too. I'm told there are some 10% off coupons floating around?

14. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

@giancarlo

Have you considered using V.V.K.T. technology to release some of your own vintage drum machines, synths?

• Like Like x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  15. digitaldragon

I've had family matters to attend to in the last several days (wife was admitted into the hospital).
    I find myself missing the "control room" as the latest things I had been working on was going through several of my problem mixes and putting Gold on the 2 buss, drum buss, and any other groups/tracks I felt could benefit from it. It's so subtle, but makes such a huge difference. It's also the first time I've felt like EQ adjustments I've reached for (both frequency and level) were having the results I foresaw before I made them.

• Like Like x 4
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  16. Talmi

Talmi Audiosexual

I really hope your wife is alright.
    It's awesome that you're getting results. You chose well the tool you picked from AA, I mean granted Gold is such a jewel it's hard not to find a use for it, but the hard part is to integrate it in your workflow and to make its strongpoint add its specific magic to your work. Apparently you did that fast ! Kudos.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  17. digitaldragon

@Talmi, thank you! I hope these docs can figure this out.
    As for Gold:
    It really works well with the material I'm working with at the moment. 4 piece rock band with vocals.
    I've been using mainly the Mix, and bus settings, and the EQ's. I've dabbled with the compressor a little. Metering on it doesn't seem quite right (to me) at least not what I'm used to with other compressors. Just need a little more time with it and to trust /learn with my ears more, I believe.

18. WillTheWeirdo

• Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  19. Talmi

Talmi Audiosexual

I hope too. Those are tough times,:sad:, send a pm or holla me at AS if you need any support :mates:.

Yeah the metering is weird on the strip. I think it's rms. Regarding the metering of the gr on the comp, well, yeah I tend to trust my ears, once I can hear some reduction going, the meter is more giving a scale of the quantity of reduction applied. AA says they are going to work on bettering the metering on their plugs this year. We will see what comes from it.
    Lately I've been enjoying those two comps. I've focused hard on the rest, and I've just been using those more these last days. They are turning out to be much to my taste

• Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  20. babybrown

babybrown Ultrasonic

I'd deffo agree with that. Buying an AA plugin is like investing in hardware (for me at least). It's a big decision where you expect an ample reward and I believe you get justifiably superior results with these plugins. I am still recovering from Emerald which I think is one of the vibiest and best sound plugins ever made, but that's just me.