Acustica Audio GOLD

Discussion in 'Software News' started by ddd999, Apr 19, 2017.

1. giancarlo

giancarlo Producer

To be honest we avoided the "sound of oversampling" because I don't like it at lower frequency rates, it messes the phase or the magnitude quite a bit depending on the filter, and like you can see in many other compressor products, we have other techniques for minimizing it. The gold case is the worst one - and like you see the low region is not affected at all. In other compressors the situation is even better.
    In a tool like gold if we apply oversampling we would null the benefits achieved in the eq and preamp department, everything is a compromise

2. LORE

LORE Noisemaker

Yes, internal oversampling is by no means a perfect solution, I don't always like the results. Happy to see there is no aliasing below fundamental and I appreciate compromises have to be made in DSP, especially in a system as complex as ACQUA!

Thanks for the clarification, and congrats on creating such an awesome sounding plugin. Saving up for it already.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2017
  3. giancarlo

giancarlo Producer

You are welcome.
    We are trying to push boundaries. Our approach is not perfect on all possible point of views, but we are working hard in other to cut corners!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. Guitarmaniac64

Guitarmaniac64 Platinum Record

This might be the worst demomusic i ever heard that sounded like shit no plugin or outboard would make that s.c song sound good

5. ddd999

ddd999 Member

LOL . Cheburashka is it you?))))))

6. Jaymz

Jaymz Audiosexual

I agree with you on your prices ! love your work on these fine plug's \m/ i own 2 Neve 33122 mic pre's and they have the optional input and output transformers too.... i gave a good bit of money for them even tho i did get a good deal on them for what they are haha... but its nice to have these Acustica Audio DAW addition Neve pre's/Eq's to work with in my mixes \m/ Keep Em Comin !

7. WillTheWeirdo

WillTheWeirdo Audiosexual

A new Gold is up at AA, it fixes some issues.

8. Talmi

Talmi Audiosexual

Cheers man, I hope they fixed the burst ! Reaper protects me from it, but the tracks keep getting muted, it's annoying I'm gonna check it out...

9. digitaldragon

digitaldragon Audiosexual

Downloading the trial now. Does anyone know, if you work on a mix using one of the trial versions, and later purchase it, will it simply switch to the authorized version when you reload a project that was originally built with the trial version?

10. timer

timer Producer

Trial and commercial versions are not interchangable afaik, they use different ids. There may exist workarounds, but once you know for sure you want Gold without hassle, just buy it.
    Another option would be to print the tracks you made with the demo.

11. WillTheWeirdo

Yes it was fixed, there is also a skin option added so you can have the meters at 0dbfs or the new skin has -18dbu for proper vu reading..... your choice.

12. thedudeman

thedudeman Member

GOLD looks great. However, I have been using N4 w/ quality libs (AlexB, TimP, HO,etc) to great effect. Would there be any significant improvement on this by using GOLD (or other acquas)? Or is there any difference? Always been a quite confused as to the difference between Acqua and N4.

13. shankar

shankar Platinum Record

CPU friendly ???

14. WillTheWeirdo

Acqua's are CPU optimized plugins offering full band EQ's and much better compressor action, Gold in particular is a tool offering a lot of tonal options only you can decide by testing if it's for you. Gold sounds fantastic IMHO, and better than most Nebula libraries, I personally feel only Tim P's 1102 is on par with Gold sound IMHO, but Gold has 2 compressors, 4 EQ's and 7 preamps with 2 extra tube preamps..... so there are many Neve options in Gold.

To each their own.

15. returnal

returnal Rock Star

I'm glad this has come up because while I understand aliasing, and the concept of oversampling, I always find myself not using oversampling (on plugins that provide the option), because of something I feel is lost in the sound. While I don't understand the science of what I'm hearing (which is contrary to the oversampling=good hype), I trust what my ears tell me and leave it off . . .
    So two questions:
    1. Is it possible to explain in fairly simple terms what's happening in the oversampling process that changes the sound in ways that some (like myself), might not like?
    2. Would I probably be okay with oversampling if I was working at a higher sample rate than 44.1?

16. digitaldragon

When I use it, it seems like it futzes with the low end. I just turn it down until the low end sounds clear.

Thought I was the only one still working in this sample rate, haha!

17. returnal

returnal Rock Star

That's funny because I generally dislike it for a certain dullness in the upper-mids and highs! :P

18. digitaldragon

That may explain why I felt the low end lose all of it's punch. As I remember, it caused some sort of "ringing" up there in the top as well.

19. WillTheWeirdo

This is my very first video.

• Love it! Love it! x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • List
  20. Talmi

Talmi Audiosexual

Awesome @WillTheWeirdo ! And giving all the models is fantastic . Thanks for your work !

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List