Acustica Audio FREE Celestial. 'Xmas' now sounds way better

Discussion in 'Software News' started by Misterguywick, Dec 18, 2019.

1. yabiss

yabiss Platinum Record

Hi mate, can you tell me how to ....uninstall the plugin if i don't want it anymore? Can't see the option in Aquarius... :dunno:

2. Talmi

Talmi Audiosexual

In the update tab, the last one. You can select a menu next to the name of the plug. Uninstall, etc.

And yeah the CPU is problematic for a lot of users. Matter of computer, daw, heck luck !

The MB unit of Celestial is particularly consuming, even when you don't activate a thing, since the crossover of the hf compressor is always activated (ie without any part of the unit enabled), it's also the crossing point for the stereo tool (also usable without enabling).

Last edited: Dec 24, 2019
  3. No Avenger

No Avenger Moderator Staff Member

I've no comparison with Diva but on my outdated i5 3470 and Reaper it took at max 10 times of Altiverb which is ~ 14%.

4. Sinus Well

Sinus Well Audiosexual

[​IMG]

5. digitaldragon

digitaldragon Audiosexual

My offline computer does great once authorized, so conceptually, you can use the plugs forever as long as the PC continues to run. At least their stuff doesn't phone home to check authorization!

Haha, I've got one of those ART Tube boxes (the one with the meter). Bought it at a pawn shop for I think $20 because it was missing the power supply (9VAC). They had a 9VDC supply with it, and when I pointed it out, they dropped the price so I figured why not? Was hoping to be able to use it for re-amping duties, but it was way noisier than my Tube MPA Pro and it's a starved plate design so doesn't add much, if any, color. Might still find a use for it as an impedance matcher for my amp's effects loop.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2019
  6. Talmi

Talmi Audiosexual

I have always been fine with the security system of AA. Never had any bad surprise, although the way it works for proceeding the damn thing rise issues. The old system was complicated, but practical for people offline. Now aquarius is....well aquarius.
    The problem if AA disappears is the way it is now, with the fact that your key is related to the hw you set it on, your authorized plugs will work forever as long as you don't reinstall your system, or simply change hw (main hd or ssd, motherboard).
    I hope they never sink, I don't see why they would, but if they do I hope beofre doing so they will issue "universal" keys for all their customers products that can be used with any hw it's set on. Also they'll have to remove the limited number of slots available. I guess if they sink they won't care if their soft become crackable, so why not.

7. Damonarmani

Damonarmani Ultrasonic

Hi guys
    When I install celestial on my PC I get this error
    "Excuted invalid operation during scanning"
    My Daw is reaper and I have windows7
    This message is show when I want install gold 3 too I mean after installation. I emailed to support section and I did everything they said but nothing happened.
    Why installing from acustica audio is so painful . I never sucses to install acustica stuff without pain.
    Best regards

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  8. digitaldragon

digitaldragon Audiosexual

Exactly when do you see this error? During installation? Or when Reaper is scanning for new plugins? Or when you try to instantiate an instance of the plugin in Reaper?

9. No Avenger

No Avenger Moderator Staff Member

Exactly.

10. Delay

Delay Guest

here's how it sounds on 2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7:
    [​IMG]

11. Talmi

Talmi Audiosexual

Aha. AA found the problem with my aquarius update tab issue. When I installed the update to Charly I installed it in a folder with the caracter "&" in the name of the folder.
    Aquarius did not like that apparently, it was looping on that folder scanning.
    Removed the faulty & from the folder name, et voila ! Problem solved ! Had a similar issue with Flux plugins in the past but with the _ caracter this time. Beware of special caracters ! :)
    Thanks to AA staff all is good in the world, I can proceed to the update to the new engine for all my aquas (it apparently gives better cpu perf), uninstall, unauthorize, etc. Cheers to them.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  12. TinTin

TinTin Platinum Record

great to hear this @Talmi

13. Kwissbeats

Kwissbeats Audiosexual

I'd think you like the new updates, their responsiveness went way up, and distorting do not make them glitch out in a painful way anymore.

14. Talmi

Talmi Audiosexual

Thanks @TinTin
    That's good to read, can't wait to test them, I'm updating all my collection, they updated all of them, it's taking a while.

15. DSP4LiFE

DSP4LiFE Kapellmeister

Repost from the neighbor thread:

I tried and realized this freebie cant be activated without their server connection, so its useless to many users.

Does anyone here have the knowledge to bypass this and deliver "Acoustica Audio - Celestial v1.0" to the sister site please? :bow:

Happy new year

16. Sinus Well

Sinus Well Audiosexual

Nope!

17. DSP4LiFE

DSP4LiFE Kapellmeister

id bet that someone probably could.

will they is a better question

18. Sinus Well

Sinus Well Audiosexual

Yeah, right... the only alternatively released acustica plugins were cm versions, 1 leaked nebula server, and some old free plugins.
    It's not about "will they", it's about being able. And right now, there's no one who can do it.

19. iphobbes

iphobbes Ultrasonic

Hi , Thanks for this plugin , it's a mighty plugin , by that i also mean CPU intensive , Even on an i7 16 gb ram and SSD storage, clicks and pops on a midi track using Logic , and why does, The pludin installs so much of .xml files ( a lot) in Plugin \ vst\ vst 3 folders , Needs better hook management. :)

20. Damonarmani

Damonarmani Ultrasonic

Thanks for your reply
    This appear during reaper scanning plugins . After that all celestial dll are on reaper black list and not showing on my plugin list inside reaper . I try it on my cubase and crashed cubase too.