Acustica Audio FREE Celestial. 'Xmas' now sounds way better

Discussion in 'Software News' started by Misterguywick, Dec 18, 2019.

1. Ballz

Ballz Producer

Its based on SSL Fusion which is meant to be used subtly on master bus. There is a mix version "CELESTIALMX" and a master bus version "CELESTIALMB" I wouldn't expect it to do massive changes when used as intended.

2. lexeed

lexeed Platinum Record

He'll need it for updates, which will definitely eventually come.

3. Talmi

Talmi Audiosexual

Sure. Quite obvious. Since, as mention, you cant download any product without it. But for the most paranoid, there is no need to keep Aquarius on the computer once you're done with it (for installing, updating whatever). The products are still authorized.
    Sorry if what I wrote wasn't clear.

And boy oh boy. They are rolling out quite a few updates right now. Big Ceil, Ceil, Amethyst, Tan, Ruby....I can't get any of them, since my update tab in aquarius still doesn't work. Very frustrating. If I reinstall entirely the products I'll use more authorization slot, that I can't get back because the update tab doesn't work for me, and it's gonna take days since my internet connection is horrible.
    So no update for me. Come on AA.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2019
  4. Talmi

Talmi Audiosexual

Wow. Just testing it. This thing is great actually. Love the "teal staging", the hp and lp filters and the stereo tool.
    Gotta test the shelves and the dynamic tool more. I'm testing the Master unit for now.

Who gives away this type of dope tools anyway ? Just crazy.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  5. Based on SSL Fusion, it was always going to be a final glue tool, not a dramatic eq or compressor since the original was neither of those things.

6. digitaldragon

digitaldragon Audiosexual

Well, at least I've got additional reasons to haul the DAWstation to work. :no:
    Is Uninstall option on the update tab? Cause if you can Uninstall (or deauthorize), pretty sure you'll get the authorization slot back. I suppose you've tried reinstalling Aquarius already.

Also many thanks to @Misterguywick for posting this!

7. Pollice verso

Pollice verso Rock Star

The first Impression here was OMG!!
    I love, each module is Top nocht there. i´m viewing this in each of my channels. Best free gift from acustica ever.:beg:
    Man you could selling this for 199 bucks:hahaha:
    :drunks:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  8. Talmi

Talmi Audiosexual

Yeah deauthorize, uninstall it's all on the update tab (not very smart imo, specially now that I have this situation). That's my issue alright, pretty damn unique. :rofl:.
    I've tried everything, AA tried everything, a person from their staff actually remotely connected to my setup to see what's wrong. He did all the basic stuffs I had already done, probably thinking it was a noob problem, then he did a more advanced analysis with the logs from Aquarius, nada. He just couldn't explain it, nor had he ever seen anything similar. Honestly I can't complain, they did everything quickly, in the middle of the BF sales and their very best. It just wasn't enought, cause I'm cursed. :no:. So I'm waiting for one of the guy who basicall did Aquarius to have a look at it see if he can see what's wrong. But since he is a obviously a busy man, well. I'm stuck with this mess.
    Short of reinstalling my OS, which I'm not sure would fix anything if the problem comes from their server (it all started happening after a silly change of password), I can't do anything about it, and my setup is fine. It would be two days works to re-setup everything, hundreds of plugs to reauthorize (after deauthorizing), everything to reconfigure,....With no waranty it will fix anything. So I'll just wait hopping they'll come up with something. If nothing happens I'll just reinstall the updated products fully and ask them to manually remove authorization slots on their side. What a mess...So dependant on tech wizes nowadays it's frustrating.

Yeah I'm loving it too. It's part of the Ceil serie, so once the freebie offer will be gone, it'll cost probably around at least 100€. More if they pimp it up.
    Awesome Christmas. Thanks AA, GC and all the team. :wink:

• Like Like x 1
    • List
  9. Epidemico

Epidemico Producer

Seems a quite good plugin indeed, i'm testing it now, btw i wonder why BIGCEIL and Celestial are so heavy on cpu at 24/96 in Ableton, no matter what buffer you choose, pc is pretty decent one and new, on Reaper both plugins run smoothly, even zero latency versions has not so much impact on cpu, same fucking settings, in Ableton every time you move a knob a ton of clicks, pops and noises comes out, very annoying indeed and almost impossible to use (Celestial master bus version is even worst on cpu than the mix version), too much noise, when you move a knob Ableton cpu meter goes up to 100% but task manager is fine, around 15% cpu, why? I know that AA plugins are cpu hungry but i really don't understand why there's so much difference in performance between Ableton and Reaper at the same settings, i think i will end up mixing or mastering on Reaper at this point, but i'm pissed off anyway since i use Ableton as creation tool and is my main daw. Anyone else have encountered this issue?

• Agree Agree x 3
    • List
  10. Talmi

Talmi Audiosexual

Honestly, I'm bias, I actually gave up on Live because it sucks with vsts handling, in term of CPU. I think it's just a problem with Live and how it's designed. My experience anyway.
    I went for Bitwig for that exact reason, Bitwig is awesome in CPU use, now I also stick with it because of the grid. The grid is awesome, the mods too.
    I 've seen it's now available....hum....to test on AZ. Maybe give it a run see if it handles thing better then Live.
    Reaper is exceptionnal with vst handling regarding the CPU use, so the comparaison is always in its favor.

• Like Like x 1
    • List
  11. digitaldragon

digitaldragon Audiosexual

@Talmi, if you have a second pc available, you could try to install Aquarius there and see if the update tab is available on it. That would rule in/out your account.

12. Moleman

Moleman Platinum Record

:wtf: is that an SSL eq knock off?

13. Talmi

Talmi Audiosexual

Yeah good idea I'm gonna test that asap on a laptop, can't access any other secondary setup right now.

No, it's not an eq unit. The ssl eq unit(s) are in sand. This one has a couple of shelves, because the SSL Fusion includes those.
    Didn't you even try it ?

14. Talmi

Talmi Audiosexual

This is insane. F;;;g W10. It's a laptop I never bothered configured and reformat, etc. It has some included W10 family version. Defender doesn't let me install aquarius cause it's not a signed application (wtf), I can't deactivate Defender. Can't even find the configuration section of W10, I'm stuck in parameter.
    I'm gonna format this sucker and put latest LTSC on it. Micro$uck, this is bonker.
    I'll let you know what happens.

15. No Avenger

No Avenger Moderator Staff Member

Once you got it, forever. :rofl: :winker:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  16. Like my herpes.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  17. Blue

Blue Audiosexual

It does sounds good for me ,but 20% cpu usage on a i7 8700 6 cores is too much for how it improves my mixes IMHO.

Ofc you will answer me I have to freeze my tracks.But that's not the easiest way to work.

18. I had a session that was running smoothly in Logic with about a dozen tracks all frozen and I added Celestial and couldn't play back the track at the maximum buffer setting after twenty plus attempts to stop, start, stop, start...... it just wouldn't play. When it was running it sure sounded good. I might export stems and mix it in Reaper with Celestial.

19. Moleman

Moleman Platinum Record

okay.. thanks for the info, i can live without it then.

Just fiddled with that Aquarius thing, something went wrong during account creation process, i just couldn't login at all (bad password), ... there was no "forgot password" button on that thing.. so got fed up with that , uninstalled & deleted and gave up.

To Acustica: if you want to promote your plugin software which was totally unknown to me before i get to know about it on this forum here, you should probably find easier means of delivery: a simple download link to a .zipped archive containing the plugin .dll file (x64), i'm an avid UAD user , this was an opportunity to try Acustica stuff for me, but it has miserably failed. :hahaha: i can definitely live without this plugin.

20. waverider

waverider Rock Star

Thank you for clearing that up. I think I'm gonna pass on this one, Aquarius sounds like a pain.