(acustica-audio.com) SAND

Discussion in 'Software News' started by thantrax, Sep 29, 2016.

1. thantrax

thantrax Audiosexual

Sand

[​IMG]

SAND is a channel-strip featuring a combination of many devices into a single one. We have faithfully recreated the sound characteristics of classic British high-end mixing consoles and recording studio hardware. It is characterized by a unique color with new incredible features, first of all the "Control" of the routing of the plugin components.

Another consolidated feature that is new to the software is what we call “ShMod”. This is a shape control for the attack behavior of the compressor. It allows you to fine-tune the attack shape so you can really customize the attack behavior for any audio source!

SAND is the natural choice for all those who “mix in a box” and musicians in need of authentic emulations of classic devices improved with Acustica technology and equipped with new parameters. It consists of four main components:

- EQs (A mode, B mode),
    - Filters (A mode, B mode)
    - Comps (A mode, C mode)
    - Control

(For more details read our operation manual to discover the amazing features of our SAND).
    We believe that Acustica just may have gone too far with this! We usually like to keep some of our plugins streamlined and simple, but this time we have added everything we could think of!

Features actually supported in Core9:

• Variable speeds on vector nodes improving the sound quality of the compressors and allowing to reach very fast speeds and precision.
    • Envelope followers based on control sources.
    • Queue messages used for several widgets like knobs improving the behaviour, control, and stability of plug-ins.
    • Hiddend components fault-tolerant inside nebula/acqua engine to minimized crash/bugs.
    • New wrapper to get better balanced AAX format
    • Several minor fixes and improvements (about trimming, sample rate conversion, distribution of sample rate packs, fixes on loaded program rate).
    • This engine is linked to Nat4 to allows the full automatic compressor sampling.
    • Switchmode optimization reducing CPU loading
    • Lazy loading pattern introduced to improve the loading of the objects
    Operating System
    - Windows7 Windows10
    - OS X 10.8 OS X 10.11
    CPU
    - Dual Core Latest multicore CPU
    RAM
    - 4 Gb 16 GB to 128 GB
    HDD/SDD
    - 1000 Mb
    Screen Resolution
    - 1024x768 (XGA) 1920×1080 (HDTV)
    Audio Host
    - VST2/AAX 32 bits VST2/AAX 64 bits VST/AU/AAX 32 bits VST/AU/AAX 64 bits

Price (Pre-order): €119,20 (Regular: €149,00) - More info here

Thanks to @Jaymz for the news..:wink:

Source
    Acustica-Audio

Last edited: Sep 29, 2016
    • Love it! Love it! x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • List
  3. ed-enam

ed-enam Rock Star

Thank you thantrax for letting us know. Acustica audio is love of the life :bleh: until real analogue.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  4. Jaymz

Jaymz Audiosexual

Thanks bro for sharing this! plugin is stellar ! Love it :wink: for all you SSL lovers this could be your ITB go to Channel strip ;)

Last edited: Sep 29, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  5. Jaymz

Jaymz Audiosexual

Good move Acustica ;)
    PROMO_FAB4.png

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  6. Torrao

Torrao Platinum Record

I really want it but why they didn't include the channel compressor is beyond me. It kind of defeats the purpose of doing a full mix with it.

7. Moogerfooger

Moogerfooger Audiosexual

Whats behind the modeling? Static impulses like Nebula? (eye roll _ long sigh)

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  8. Jaymz

Jaymz Audiosexual

Comments like this makes me smile ;) Answer your own questions with the wrong answer lol :wink:

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  9. Torrao

Torrao Platinum Record

To sum it up, yeah, Nebula technology. Nebula doesn't use static IRs, however. FAR from that.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  10. Moogerfooger

Moogerfooger Audiosexual

Wrong. Dont let the terminology on their website fool ya.

11. Jaymz

Jaymz Audiosexual

Well hell bro why didnt you tell us sooner :woot:??? You mean to tell me the last 20 years ive been workin in studios using Real Gear and not to mention the extensive collection of gear i own and operate on a day to day basis sounds nothing like Acustica plugins because its all a conspiracy :dunno:... Damn Dude you shoulda come forward along time ago HUH ? >>> However im still not convinced so while your settin there with one hand on your peanut and the other on your down vote clicker would you care to elaborate lil more for us uniformed good people :wink:

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  12. SoundForSoul

SoundForSoul Ultrasonic

Acustica Audio is definitely a game changer. The FAB4offer for free for every SAND purchase already discounted with 20% bundle is definitely the best deal for this year ( available for a limited period of time, though, so you'd bettery hurry up!). Try the demo, read the manual (always a pleasure with AA manuals anyway), then go and buy it and tell your friends you'll be locked in the studio for a while, because their "Mix one more time" is actually a very appropriate statement - I really felt the need to re-mix all of my recent projects using this mindblowing gorgeous sounding plugin and here I am now- glad that the week-end has come and I have some time to spoil myself and my projects with this baby!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  13. WillTheWeirdo

WillTheWeirdo Audiosexual

This was discussed deeply in beta. The main reason the channel comp was left out is because it is a one trick pony comp only good for dirty aggressive drums, as every Engineer who has worked a 4000 knows. The time and energy was spent in making the buss comp usable for individual tracks, thus negating the need for the limited channel comp. I love the channel comps and I am one of the few who asked for them, but in the end I understand the logic with not including them.

14. WillTheWeirdo

As a huge SSL fan with thousands of console hours logged, I can say this is as close to the hardware as we will see for a long time to come in a plugin, Sand is a great sounding tool that must be demoed. As always, to each their own.

15. Jaymz

Jaymz Audiosexual

Man good to see you pop in here ! I too have done some work on AWS SSL at a studio that is now shut down ;) I work in the box on my own these days like the majority of mixers abroad, but i own a 4 channel SSL XLogic Alpha VHD Pre and also a SSL Bus comp clone that is spot on to the Real deal \m/ SSL was built to slam an you can really push things in a way that is unlike any other gear ive used period. One day i believe im gona do some tests with My clone and Sand comp cause to my ear the diffrence is negligible :winker: an for this reason Acustica Sand is the ticket for me ITB an for>>> €119,20 its the ever so popular NO BRAINER :wink:

16. WillTheWeirdo

Sand EQ and Filter A is SSL 4000 G plus black, B eq and filter is SSL 5000. Comp is from the G plus, Comp C is a Frankenstein. Those older 4K and 5K were more aggressive and darker than the newer SSL gear you mentioned working with..... I prefer the 4000 G plus myself, so Sand is a blast for me.

17. Jaymz

Jaymz Audiosexual

Yeah ive always wanted to mix on a old 4000 series man that would be a treat :wink: Lovin Sand tho this thing is best ITB plug i have period :winker:

18. erminardi

erminardi Kapellmeister

Believe me, you don't need for a "channel" comp after tried this.
    THey sample the real thing but always make better than it, in the sense of i.e. routing, different choices and for this reason the SAND comp with A and C mode, "insane" mode on/off, covers all your needs, channel and bus.

ps. I cannot use UAD, Slate and Waves version anymore... sigh.

19. WillTheWeirdo

On the 9J/K, AWS, and Duality you mix on them, with a 4000 you mix into them, each 4K has a sweet spot you push then add the buss comp and magic happens. A friend of mine used to say a 9000 (newer SSL) is that beautiful wife to show off with, while a 4000 is that sexy girl you cheat on you wife with, as she knows how to work it, lol. Don't flame me, I'm not a wife cheater type of guy, just passing on the saying.