Acustica Audio - ACQUA - Ultimate Dreamware Studio Collection2 - €999.00!

Discussion in 'Software News' started by phloopy, Dec 23, 2019.

1. phloopy

phloopy Audiosexual

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  3. TinTin

TinTin Platinum Record

it isnt like complete your collection , you pay as a customer for the Plugins you already own and have paid for already , its same with Modula .

no way thanks

4. Joe_sleaze

Joe_sleaze Platinum Record

I find Acustica greatly vverhyped. I tried several of their plugins(as well as the latest free offering), and came to the conclusion i can achieve the same results building my own FX chains from 3rd party dev's at a fraction of CPU and cost.
    I mix everything in realtime, i can't be bothered freezing tracks or workarounds like that just to be able to use software which pretends to be hardware.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  5. Ceja

Ceja Ultrasonic

I actually just got into AA plugins and after a few weeks with them I really love them. I am happy I found them and for me they bring sounds to "life" like no other plugins I know. Everything sounds so much more polished. You have to really study the plugins though and understand what they do, some are more transparent, some add more saturation / warmth, others are punchy. They are definitely not like Ozone with the master assistant or these very modern plugins. You have to get the know them. And Celestial is an awesome plugin. Not sure what you use on your mixbus, but this thing kills it.
    But everyone has a different taste and workflow, if you are happy with what you have, then stick with it.

And a question for the experienced AA users about the Collection - for someone who is new to Acquas or just got a few of them, would you say worth it?

6. Torrao

Torrao Platinum Record

OK, here's the thing:

Are you interested in Acustica Audio plugins? Save for a big order on Black Friday. They always do stupidly good deals.

Then you have the rest of the year to complain about their pricing :wink:

Nope. See above. This is when I buy aquas:

- When an older plugin gets updated. They usually resample units, add EQs and comps, etc and have a very low introductory price (50-70% off). Then ask an Acustica Dealer for a discount coupon to add on top of it. If you don't know any, ask in the Acustica Audio Facebook groups.

- Black Friday / Christmas / Random deals.

After buying some you'll have your own loyalty discount coupon that you can apply on every future purchase.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2019
  7. Misterguywick

Misterguywick Producer

you weren't going to spend a grand on plugins anyway

8. devilorcracker

devilorcracker Platinum Record

The GUI makes you feel like that.

9. dr_after

dr_after Kapellmeister

Acustica plugins are great and they are not a gimmick. My favorite two are El Rey and Taupe. Absolutely glueing every mix, making it sound better, warmer, closer, tighter, less digital and harsh. On Black Friday they cut prices by 70%, so I bought Gold and Sand and I think that they are very useful for some eq with character. I tried many many plugins during my years of mixing but Acustica's are special. Although they demand A LOT of CPU power. They were one of the main reasons I upgraded my PC this year to Ryzen 3900x.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  10. Talmi

Talmi Audiosexual

At less than 30€ the plugs, it's a freaking steal, if you can afford it (and get that the ones you already owned get discounted from the price), no reason to pass.
    Only ones missing are Pensado EQ (probably cause it's a recent endorsement) and Pearl 2 (limited number of unit sold, if you want it you'll need to wait for Pearl 3 and be in the first 100 to get it).

During BF the cheapest ones were at 45€. A few at 55 and many between 75 and 100. Even with the voucher, it would still have been more expansive. And to get the 55% voucher you have to spend at least 3000€ on their products. 3000€. Do the math.

This deal is more interesting if you don't have any aquas. Unless you plan on buying only the couple at 45€ during every BF sales for the next 10 to 15 years.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2019
  11. phloopy

phloopy Audiosexual

Exactly @Talmi ...... if you have the money :no::like:

12. Talmi

Talmi Audiosexual

Yeah it sucks. Best deals are for people with deep pockets.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  13. Ceja

Ceja Ultrasonic

Well, I actually wanted to go all in and bought quite a few Acquas at BF as my first Acustica plugins (without any loyalty discounts).
    I even asked if there are any other offers planned with bundles, and they said no, this is the best offer for a while. I am actually pretty disappointed, can`t really justify to pay double for quite a few Acquas I just got.

14. Kwissbeats

Kwissbeats Audiosexual

I can't agree with this, yes I can make music without it. But I can't reach the same results with software fx chains.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  15. No Avenger

No Avenger Audiosexual

The only ones I found so far that are halfway useful due to their depth effect.

16. Talmi

Talmi Audiosexual

Send them an email. Remind them that they told you there wouldn't be any discounted bundles, they might make a gesture. Either through a discount regarding the ones you already own, or at least let you use your voucher on it so that it reflects what you already own.

17. No Avenger

No Avenger Audiosexual

Hey, Talmi, I'm not kidding, :no: Taupe's tape and El Rey have a depth effect, just try 'em on the master. :yes:
    P.S. I know you didn't mean that. :winker:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  18. Talmi

Talmi Audiosexual

I know you know. :wink:
    I also know they all add depth, when the pre is on.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  19. ZenSix

ZenSix Newbie

I've been using Nebula 4 3rd party libraries for a while now. I ended up getting a good-paying side consulting gig right before the holiday, saw the Christmas deal on Acustica and had to pick it up. Killer deal. Cost about $1,100 USD for all plugins except for Pensado and Peal EQ.

Amazing plugins. I use Taupe and El Rey a lot on the master. Diamond 3, Magenta and Green are also killer eq's for the master bus. I have the GML Nebula library which sounds excellent, Green sounds really good as well (being a GML sampled EQ). I checked out the charts on Pensados EQ and I was able to replicate some of the bands using a combination of Sand and Diamond 3. The 40hz bump, 50hz cut, 60hz bump, and the multi-frequency point shelf boost in the high end with Diamond. Really brings a lot of tightness to the lows and presence/clarity to the highs.

Gold and Sand also sound amazing for drums or even synths. Scarlet and Ivory are pretty crazy too. Been going through as many plugins as I can with different material to get a feel for each of their tone.

I've been making music for over 12 years and Nebula/Acqua plugins are far superior to algorithmic plugins for depth, eq character, and glue. I can achieve the sound I'm looking for quickly; I just cannot get that quality of sound with algo plugs. I have tons of algorithmic plugins including Slate Digital stuff (which has not been used lately) - Nebula and Acqua shit on Slates' plugins. I also have a lot of experience with Focusrite Liquid Mix and UAD plugins. Nothing but good things to say about Acustica Acquas and the Nebula 3rd party libraries from AlexB, TimP, Henry Olonga, and Cupwise.

If anyone has a mix they want me to do some mastering on with Nebula/Acqua plugins, let me know!

20. hackerz4life

hackerz4life Audiosexual

Only the def and ignorant could disagree with your post.