Acustica Audio Acqua plugins

Discussion in 'Mixing and Mastering' started by Adam Ford, May 8, 2017.

1. Adam Ford

Adam Ford Producer

Hi guys, hope you're all fine

Don't get me wrong please, this could be an hot question but...

I noticed something reading here and there around the forum.

What I have noticed, is that some people here got some Acqua plugins, and we all know how good they are.

What I don't understand is...

Even if we have a ton of plugins, why the Acqua ones aren't published yet?

I thought at some answers for this and I came to 3 conclusions:

A) Not all the members of audiosex use Audioz community;

B) Some people are afraid of giving them away and they don't do it to avoid any kind of problems;

C) Some people due to Acqua plugins elevate price, don't feel it right to share them after paying them so much money.

It's a tough manner, I know but curiosity is killing me.

What do you think about it?

Thanks in advance.

P.s. Obviously a lot of producers would love to have them but if they will not be available into this year, I'm considering to save money and buy them since I work with band and artists like a lot of us and I want to deliver the best sonic experience I can get.

3. ehrwaldt kunzlich

ehrwaldt kunzlich Rock Star

i think all the freebies are archived on the sistersite as well as some of the older cracked ones. i'd try those before throwing cash.

4. Adam Ford

Adam Ford Producer

Yeah the freebies and some older "Nebula powered" plugins are still available (maybe links are dead but can be refreshed)

Sadly apart from Tan, Oghre and Red the other ones are not Acqua, they are 3rd party plugins developed with Nebula technology...

So, same Matrix but different on everything else

5. TinTin

TinTin Platinum Record

A) no

B) no

C) no

D) protection related and not cracked maybe .

yes its the best you can do .

6. Adam Ford

Adam Ford Producer

Haven't thought about that.

I red somewhere that they don't have iLok or some weird kind of protection but who knows...

Might be like that!

7. focusrite

focusrite Platinum Record

Just buy gold. Your dream come true.

8. Talmi

Talmi Audiosexual

Even people who have some, we would all love to see those great plugs released, AA have a lot of those, buying them all imply a big budget. Today the protection implemented makes it apparently not possible to crack. Those things can obviously change, the teams are good but they recognize themself that there are always technical limitations to what they can accomplish, it's not only about getting the full installers by some providers.
    I had read somewhere that those are not crackable, so I bought a few and jumped in the AA train, it's not the only plugs I own but those are amongs the few I never regret having bought. I hope they keep having the means to provide those wonderfull tools they come up with, which I'm guessing requires a lot of spending in R&D as those are continuously evolving.
    So maybe one day. In the meantime, saving for a couple of those great suckers (Gold, Sand , Coral, Diamond or N4 come to mind) is probably your best strategy, if you want to bring that sound to your customers.

9. Adam Ford

Adam Ford Producer

I'm more an SSL kind of guy.

Sadly I haven't ever found any Neve emulation that made me change my mind BUT

I'm a digital era audio engineer so I don't even know what is the sound of a true Neve.

It's Gold that... Gold? :invision:

10. tooloud

tooloud Guest

I'm a Nebula and Aqua user and I find their licensing procedure quite difficult. Their FAQ section suggests a number of people find it hard, so if it isn't easy for owners to activate, I get the idea a crack isn't coming any time soon.

11. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

I guess you missed the cubase/acustica bundle in december. Saint will open the vault in 2020 again, he is busy right now.

12. sli2xlc

sli2xlc Newbie

Which Team has access to all retail/full installers ?
    No retail installers shared - no release.
    What you can hope for are non expiring / cracked Trials... this is possible.

13. Adam Ford

Adam Ford Producer

Sadly yes, I didn't know about that.

In terms of CPU, is Nebula heavier or similar to Acqua plugins?

I don't know if they are things that one can use sometimes or mix/master entirely with those.

(I got at the moment an i5 3.2 ghz with 32 gb of RAM)

14. Talmi

Talmi Audiosexual

The libraries that were made with the latest techs in the sampling process, the ones that AA did for N4 (Rose and Violet so far), which are reproduction of the Acqua concept but inside Nebula are low on the cpu side (that's on my setup and in my daw, i7 6700K, 32 gb ram, reaper mostly for acquas).
    But the acquas themselves are getting much better on that side. Diamond is a nice shining example of that, you can almost work with that one like you would work with algos. And the more heavy ones, the strip, now always come bundled with the separate elements who are also more and more light on the Cpu as the tech moves forward. The more recent the plug the more efficient cpu wise.
    You can demo all of them, well I think most, without limitation for a couple of weeks (I think), to see how your build hold up.
    Also there is a new authorization soft (acquarius, which also works for the demo) which makes the process easier if your computer can go online.

15. Evorax

Evorax Rock Star

I love their Pink, I throw it on most of the channels lol. Its compressor it's just lovely.
    Apart from that, I have also Titanium, Aquamarine, Magenta and Navy. Great stuff. That's why I'll keep buy em.

16. Adam Ford

Adam Ford Producer

I'm just a little disappointed that they didn't release Violet/Phoenix as an Acqua plugin.

That's my favourite compressor and having to learn/buy Nebula especially for that it's a little turnoff..

Can't wait to get my hands on Coral, Lime, Sand, Gold, Magenta and Ivory

17. WillTheWeirdo

WillTheWeirdo Audiosexual

Ebony CPU test.