Acustica Audio Acqua Mix

Discussion in 'Software' started by rickvdkmusic, Nov 10, 2016.

1. rickvdkmusic

rickvdkmusic Member

Hey guys, just out of curiosity, I mixed this song with only Aqcua plugs. No fancy preamps, mics or whatsoever. I'd appreciate any feedback!

If you're interested I can give you exact details on which plugs and settings I used.

Thanks and Cheers!

• Like Like x 5
    • Love it! Love it! x 3
    • List
  3. Jaymz

Jaymz Audiosexual

great job bro! my wife loves this song an i like it too :wink:

4. hammond231

hammond231 Member

Pink on the piano? Navy on vocal?

5. Jordi

Jordi Noisemaker

I would be interested to know more about acqua and your workflow with them. Performance ... because buying them can not you? I can not invest in them now and I stay with nebula.

Thanks

6. rickvdkmusic

rickvdkmusic Member

For Piano I use SAND Bus4 comp only. No eq whatsoever cause in the past I always messed things up either cutting or boosting too much.
    For Vocals I use: SAND Pre+eq, PurpleP1, UltraMarine and SandEq. I do use FabFilter Multiband to slightly balance freqs out.

On Master I use: SAND Channel Strip Eq, pre, filters, and Comp. BOZ Mongoose, AqcuaMarine (love this one for its expensive sound, don't really use it to compress much) Nebula R2R Studer NAB 820, Nebula Tape Booster and VTMM2 for some tape goodness. Plus a brickwall limiter to manage peaks above zero.

7. rickvdkmusic

rickvdkmusic Member

It took me a while to get used to Aqcua for they are quite heavy on my CPU. I still love Nebula and the whole concept of bringing opportunity for 3rd party devs and some are amazing.. I just wanted to use the newer tech with Aqcua which is the same principle and tech as Nebula but more evolved. I understand Acustica's reasons behind their shift in focus but from what I understand they are NOT abandoning Nebula but had to rethink their strategy for things to make sense. I think the next round of Nebula4 will open up things quite a bit for Nebula users/fans.

8. Jaymz

Jaymz Audiosexual

You cant go wrong with Acustica Audio! im used to the sound my gear gives me so ITB Acustica give me That Sound :) somthin else ill do if i wana open up my sounds is send my channels / Buses to Harrison Mixbus 32C ... try it sometime on a piece like this \m/

9. Jaymz

Jaymz Audiosexual

Try Coral's Mastering Pre Amps an drive the input ;) My favorite is the Coral pre an the Tape pre on the mix... ;)

10. Jaymz

Jaymz Audiosexual

I'll be honest About Acustica the stuff is second to none in the box \m/ An i dont care what anyone says only thing i care bout is what i hear from my monitors to my ears ;) Alot of people think they can use these on every channel an if you have a Beast of a computer you just bout can but truth is you only need few of acustica audio plugins on the main Buses or just Master track to change the sound of a mix in a Big Awsome way \m/ I never go into a mix an just start putting anything on channels/busses just because i can>>> i just use and apply what i feel the mix NEEDS ONLY an not try to slap every plugin i have on all channel's \m/

11. Pinkman

Pinkman Audiosexual

Love the cover, brother. Better ones than I will give you feedback on the technicalities of the mix.
    I'm just here to say that while I was listening I realized, for the first time, what this song is actually about.

[​IMG]
    Running in circles.
    Coming up Tails.

Oh.
    [​IMG]

Take me back to the start.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List