Acustica Aquarius

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Von_Steyr, Apr 30, 2018.

1. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

i have a question. I will build a new computer in one month, will i have problems if i install Aquarius today and then re-install Aquarius and run AA plugins on my new rig?
    The new rig will also be offline.

TY!

3. Talmi

Talmi Audiosexual

No it shouldn't be a problem, it's linked to your AA id and password. Check the number of authorizations you have left for the plugs you have from AA before setting up your new OS, because what acquarius can't do yet is desauthorized acquas, you can only authorized them. So if you install them now on your actual OS and again in a month on your future OS, it will count two authorisation slots per plugs (you have up to 5). If you have none left before reinstalling your new system write to AA support they will put back your authorisation slot number back to zero used...

EDIT : Didn't see the offline part... You have to be online to use acquarius, at least for the authorisation part, for install too.

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  4. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

Thank you Talmi. Just the information i needed.
    Will connect to the net for the authorization only then.
    Downloading Azure now. :)
    What are the cleanest and creamiest/warmest channel strips?

5. digitaldragon

digitaldragon Audiosexual

I looked at the Aquarius method of installing onto an offline computer, and it's a nightmare. You have to install Aquarius to a PC that's online, and then copy the files to the offline PC, load the plug, get a *.ser file, submit it through your Acustica dashboard, download the *.aut file, and copy to the offline PC.
    And I thought Acustica authorization was a nightmare before!
    I plan on just hooking my new PC to the internet shortly after it's built to get things downloaded and installed through Aquarius (hopefully problem free) then take it home never to see the internet again.
    For a nicely colored channel strip, look at Gold. I love the weight it adds! Others like Sand too (which I may end up getting as well if I can get over being upset at Acustica).

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  6. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

Thank you DD! Will hook it up after i build it.
    Sounds like something i want to avoid, lol.
    I have a few days off so will check it out, thanks!

7. Talmi

Talmi Audiosexual

In strips : precise you got Coral and Ivory (Ivory isn't a strip, it offers EQ, dynEQ, Comp in separate units)
    Creamy : Ebony, Cobalt and Gold
    Not that Amethyst3, Lime or Pink 2 aren't great....

Would also feel bad not to mention Ruby and Diamond EQ. The low end and the high end of Ruby are out of this world, very spectacular, the high end of Diamond is very special, it goes very high and it has this incredible airy quality. Azure kind of has it all, very warm but able to go in the details, a lot of frequencies available.

Honestly a lot of others would deserve more than a mention, they've been upping their game for a while now.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  8. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

Im afraid to try too many, lol.
    AA is pure quality though, no bs.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  9. Jaymz

Jaymz Audiosexual

I likem all \m/ bro but mostly a 3rd party man with Nebula3 and nebula 4 \m/ >>> Gold still my go to for creamy smooth Acqua tho >>> Amethyst3 would be my next choice for cream much like @Talmi said... .... i use pearl 2 and Pink alot aswell... Honey is still one of my favorite Acqua Q's even tho it dont get much rave ;) After all is said and done about Acqua's my most important pre amps and Colors comes from Henry Olonga... Tim Petherick and Henry Olonga have me covered for Pre Amps, Compression, an EQ... >>>if you want creamy take the Edge off harsh sounds and add depth Henry Olonga/Tim Petherick is where i would look \m/

• Like Like x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  10. Herr Durr

Herr Durr Guest

hope you're planning to keep them for life.. as they don't allow license transfers... ( last I heard )

11. Jaymz

Jaymz Audiosexual

Yes they allow it its a fee to transfer it tho ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  12. Herr Durr

Herr Durr Guest

nice ...

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  13. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

These are the exact three i`ve downloaded yesterday for starters. Gold, Azure, Amethyst and Diamond lift.
    The Petherick comps are so good i dont even feel like testing the AA comps for now.

This is what i love about this forum, you always get the answers from the right people who know their stuff. :bow:

Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2018
  14. GodHimSelf

GodHimSelf Platinum Record

I have these:
    1. amethyst: the compressor is superb, the eq is not as fat as lime, but I found those too strong. The HP and LP are very good to clean the respective rregions. The eq is really good on synths and midrangy stuff, my kicks love this eq also. Some decent air also.
    2. pink: heaven for drums. They offered the multiband compressor to those that owned the more basic version (way to go AA! Now I'll have to buy some other plugs from you :p).
    3. titanium: it's a tubetech emulation, just the preamp knob of the multiband opens the sound in an amazing way, I use it on the MBUSS just for that, no GR...
    4. sand: it's an SSL, I don't to say anything about it
    5. ivory: maselec emu. The compressor pre amp gives a weird modern feeling to every track, even if you just put a dB of GReduct.

6. Cobalt: very good for mastering, but I ended up switching to Ivory because of the compressor and multiband comp + mid side eq + dynamic eq - no brainer at the time. Didn't like the eq. the compressor I didn't like (I can't explain why).
    7. Coral: The elliptical is really good, didn't like the eq or compressor
    8. Gold: it's just rough like Lime. I ended up not buying it though it sounds really good.

Pay attention to the preamps, that wonderful little on/off button. I think people overlook them.

I'm planning on buying the hole Diamond collection and Azure, they are beasts.
    My only problem is that my computer can't handle them all :bleh:

15. Seedz

Seedz Rock Star

Nice to see ya @Von_Steyr a bit more active round here again moosh.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  16. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

@GodHimSelf
    Thanks for useful information :)
    I just got the i7 8700k cpu, based on optimal performance for Cubase, should be good for a while.

@Seedz
    Nice seeing you too bro :) That avatar of yours always makes me giggle. :)

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  17. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

• Like Like x 3
    • Interesting Interesting x 2
    • List
  18. digitaldragon

digitaldragon Audiosexual

That one does look interesting, @Von_Steyr. Thanks for the tip!

19. Jaymz

Jaymz Audiosexual

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  20. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

From all the loudness tools i`ve tested a few months ago, i liked the nugen ones the most as well.

Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2018
  21. Talmi

Talmi Audiosexual

Big fan of Nugen too. I think their stereo tools are awesome.