Acustica Aqua plugins. Analog in the box?

Discussion in 'Software' started by powellhaat, Jan 4, 2016.

1. powellhaat

powellhaat Noisemaker

Hello everyone, i listened to some demos about those plugins & they sound fantastic .. i mean, really amazing and different then any EQ or comp. The navy eq literely add harmonies to the wave like if you used a neve transformer preamp. I'm thinking about using the emulation of de maneley vari mu and other precision eq for mastering, to give depth to my mixes.

and your opinion on this people?

3. peacefulburningz

peacefulburningz Kapellmeister

If you don't mind tweaking and not having a nice gui, I personally like Nebula better. Some of the 3rd part dev's samplings absolutely DESTROY the Acustica samplings.

The Nebula/Acqua stuff is really good though.

4. focusrite

focusrite Platinum Record

I have Pearl. Killer.
    Henry Olonga. Killer
    Alex b. Monsterous.

5. trrtac

trrtac Member

Really really really good sound.
    Aqua, aka Nebula with a sexy skin/knobs, sounds great!

6. powellhaat

powellhaat Noisemaker

I tried nebula! it's pretty good, but i never liked the interface. this is why i'm interessted in acustica aqua plugs. why there is not much release of those plugs in audioz? it seems that there is no protection for those plugs.

7. focusrite

focusrite Platinum Record

They are changing protection at the mo. But it's web based.

8. haha

haha Ultrasonic

If you want a clean mastering eq try Scarlet. Has independent control of the 2 channels so you can also make it work in M/S with a MS encoder/decoder plugin.

Personally I'm not so thrilled with their Manley version. Sounds too bright by just inserting it into the signal chain. But Scarlet is very good. I have almost all their stuff and this is IMO the best. The new pultec is not that special IMO, pretty transparent sounding. For color I would choose Honey, for channels and even busses.

Good luck.

9. powellhaat

powellhaat Noisemaker

Thanks focusrite
    haha> i'll try the scarlet! what do you mean by encoder/decoder MS plugins ? it's a plugin who splits the mid and side the signal ?
    i'm happy with softude tube tech plugs so i only need a compressor, mutiband comp and EQ. did you tried the shadow hills emulation ?
    one last thing, i heard about crazy latency going on, it's that true ?

So much question haha :p

10. peacefulburningz

peacefulburningz Kapellmeister

The newer Acquas are much better with latency and there's a latency free version that comes with the normal version. The older Acquas are closer to Nebula latency-wise.

11. powellhaat

powellhaat Noisemaker

Low latency = high CPU i imagine, but it can be good in mastering, because we usually don't use lot of plugins. Pretty smart

haha> they release a core7 new version of magenta (vari mu) i think that they applied a new tech to it, if you wanna check it out !