Acustica and how funny it all is... smh.

Discussion in 'Software' started by PHASE360, Dec 13, 2023.

1. shinyzen

shinyzen Platinum Record

i mean, sure its a good computer, but i can also run similar sessions on my mbpro, which is only 32 gig and five years old now. I feel like most pc's are higher spec'd as you can expand the ram etc.

2. hackerz4life

hackerz4life Audiosexual

The lack of Q options is a big issue especially with their mastering EQs.
    Salt corrected that and it probably is one of their best EQs.
    The older ones, you get a set of bands and frequencies you can choose, never saw that as a problem, you can reach for digital EQs for more surgical tasks.
    Yeah, fanboyism runs high with that company and in the end the only one who can suffer is the user because he stops growing, being critical is one of the most important things in sound design.
    There are so many good companies today.
    I remember when Slate Digital was "the best" plugin company in the world, lol.
    All companies want to sell, no one will say this is the best we could do with the technology, it sounds similar bad lacks the weight and smoothness of real analog gear we sampled.
    Borrow or buy a pultec or a clone, any pultec like hardware will have a lot more liveliness and weight than plugins and you also need a lot less processing and chaining when working with good gear.

3. saccamano

saccamano Rock Star

Personally, I would just get the UAD Pultec native (among others) if it were released and throw about 40-50 other current plugins in the trash at that point because they wouldn't be needed anymore. I fucking DETEST universal-audio (the current corporate pigs, not the "back in the day" company) and iLOK as well, but would not hesitate for one minute to use the natives, had I the opportunity :wink:... Given those UA natives, one would not need much hardware outboard processing.

4. shinyzen

shinyzen Platinum Record

i used pultecs for years, almost daily. Real deal vintage pultecs. I honestly like AA's more than the hardware. maybe its the particular units they sampled, idk.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  5. shinyzen

shinyzen Platinum Record

its out as native. I just bought it for a few bucks as part of a bundle

6. Hennessey

Hennessey Platinum Record

I guess they are not actually bored, but rather they are insiders who wants to discourage people from downloading's Acustica thing...
    That's it, there is no other explanation for this Acustica madness, because I don't really see what is so special about those plugins, I mean they got them here for FREE, and before that I can assume 90% of haters were begging for Acustica thing and now this...
    Same thing with Soothe, Sugar, etc... Most of them were literary begging for it , once it comes everybody was like WTF, this sucks....OMG!

I don't like Acustica, just because, but I have not tried them, simply because, but this threads about Acustica, man it makes me sick already. What is wrong with people?

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. saccamano

saccamano Rock Star

NO.. they needs to be scene released otherwise wouldn't touch 'em with a 50' pole + no iSchLOK's touch my machines ever..

8. Blu

Blu Producer

I purchased my first Acustica Audio product in January 2012 and collected many third party libraries from AlexB, Henry Olonga, VNXT, Analog in the box and others... I dealt with bugs, issues affecting audio quality, CPU horrible inefficiency, shady answers from developer and more till I finally concluded, through various meticolously made tests, that to continue to use their products it was not worth the hassle. There are much better products, from all points of view, to invest my money nowaday. Great concept (Volterra kernels) 15 years ago but unfortunately not worth the hassle even then, but now with all the alternatives that we have I just cannot think of a single reason to use their products. To each their own though, as always. Just my 2c

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  9. saccamano

saccamano Rock Star

No discouraging intended at all. At least not from me. Surely in acustica's gargantuan inventory of EQ's, Comp/Limiter's, and Pre-Amp's that basically all differ by a very negligible amount, one could find something in there somewhere that would float their boat. However if all the real issues stated here and elsewhere are of some consequence to someone new to the whole acustica experience, that may be a deterrent. Though if one's interest is piqued enough they should find out for themselves if acustica stuff is a fit for them and not take someone else's word for it... You certainly don't have to try a ton of them to find this out since it's all pretty redundant.

10. Hennessey

Hennessey Platinum Record

Bro, like you already have dedicated Acustica thread. You can discuss, share bugs, improvements, no need for chit-chat threads like this.
    Basically it is useless, same thing spoken over and over and over it is boring af.
    Now, should I make a thread,
    "I don't like acustica because..."
    So i can attract more people or what?

• Disagree x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Dislike x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • List
  11. Barncore

Barncore Platinum Record

You just articulated something that i've always felt with Acustica stuff but didn't consciously think it out loud yet. Regardless of how it sounds, when you turn the knobs it doesn't feel like analog. You turn the knob ever so slightly and it has this huge affect. You can't twiddle knobs and see what happens, the knobs are super sensitive and the "sweet spot" is often pretty small.
    Whereas something like Plugin Alliance's SSL 9000J console, to me that feels more like analog, as far as the way the sound responds when you incrementally turn the knobs. The compressor compresses in amounts that you'd expect given the amount you turned on the knob, same with EQ boosts. You can drive stuff and it crushes, you can make subtle moves easily. Stuff like that.
    At the end of the day the sound is the most important thing, but it's also easy to forget about the concept of how it feels to use from a tactile/response standpoint

Granted, the recent plugins by Acustica feel a bit better to use (e.g. Cherry, Salt), but they still can't touch algo plugins in that department.

Yep. This is how the original post of this thread translates to me: "HEY EVERYONE LOOK AT ME!!! LOOK AT ME I AM SPECIAL. I HAVE OPINIONS THAT ARE UNIQUE AND SPECIAL, LOOK AT ME!!!!! :chilling:"
    There's no other reason to start a whole new thread that's just dedicated shitting on something that he knows some people like lol. It only serves ego, no other purpose.

12. Rawx

Rawx Member

No offense but it seems that you don't have the skills to understand how good are the AA plugins, for most of them there're in the same sound quality of UAD plugins, and several ones sound exactly as the hardware (for example Ruby / Fearn VT4).

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  13. Atom8

Atom8 Newbie

They are
    they trying to justify reasons not to pay for them now that they have been cracked , not too ironic these posts come now. Yet I bet these arrogant **** complaining have downloaded every single one.

they give us a month to test their software , give them a break. I wish all could do that then they’d be no need to go down certain paths before buying a product
    “Try before buy , if like - Support and buy em”
    That’s not something il be doing with acustica , who the f needs to when they give you a whole month to trial the entire thing with no draw backs or annoying cut outs etc , what more does anyone want ? I think Acustica is an outstanding company and deserves way more respect than this.

If you gunna download cracked versions of them , it’s pointless 2bh , a month is perfect amount of time to test before buying

Last edited: Dec 18, 2023
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  14. Stevie Dude

Stevie Dude Audiosexual

:deep_facepalm:

15. tzzsmk

tzzsmk Audiosexual

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  16. Virtualex

Virtualex Member

Guess the first time what his name is!?
    :deep_facepalm:

17. Pedra Sofia

Pedra Sofia Ultrasonic

they are very good, they sound a tad or more better then UAD emulations..the huge question been avoided around here is if someone got their butts kicked and stopped adding Mac versions of the rest AA plugins, I dont see snow etc etc, would be nice to see the Mac versions as well the cyber bundle by PA

18. Attarix

Attarix Newbie

Dont forget:
    Acustica Audio sucks
    Acustica Audio sucks ZL

19. JEPasCP1

JEPasCP1 Member

Wow, another rant about Acustica?

I have one more thing to say

Gimme a FUCKING BREAK.:trolls:

Thank you for understanding :)

20. Pat22

Pat22 Member

The first ZL that is close to ZL ......................................................................................