Active Monitors vs. Active Hifi, Difference?

Discussion in 'Soundgear' started by flworius, Apr 19, 2018.

1. flworius

flworius Member

My initial Question got somewhat lost. Let me rephrase:

Why is it that People say you get Trash if you buy an integrated Hifi-System, but otherwise it is recommended to buy an integrated System for Monitor Speakers? No Matter which Sound you are going for, neutral or Hifi, shouldn´t active Speakers be the best approach in both cases cause you can design an Amplifier exclusively for the Speakers and therefore reach the desired Sound (easier)?

2. m9cao

m9cao Producer

some of the hi-fi products has better quality even the high-end mastering gears cant catch up, however you need many enough knowledge/experience/budget to found a correct product/result.

3. fiction

fiction Audiosexual

My short answer: The relatively crowded market of active studio monitor speakers has changed a lot recently, so I would say that for the same (low) price, you're most likely better off buying active studio monitors than active Hi-Fi speakers.
    Go and listen for yourself, I'm sure you'll come to the same conclusion.
    The JBL LSR305 that @bluerover mentioned is a good example, but there are many others, also on the second hand market.

4. No Avenger

No Avenger Moderator Staff Member

Nonsense, hearsay!
    As the famous statistican Dr. Dr. Believemenot once said: "Don't trust any statistic, that you didn't manipulate yourself!" I relied on the only source that is reliable for me, I did it myself. [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 20, 2018
  5. No Avenger

No Avenger Moderator Staff Member

Mh, I once ruined my HiFi speaker cones by making dancefloor music. I think they couldn't stand the short and hard impulses from bass and bd. Since then I only used studio monitors and haven't ruined any of them.