Active Members Only: Kontakt Problems with Windows? Please Post Here!!!

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by Introninja, Jan 23, 2014.

1. Introninja

Introninja Audiosexual

Anytime kontakt is second nature to me :bow:

2. Darkkman

Darkkman Member

Hi guys,

I found this forum when looking for some help with NICNT files and can honestly say this is a great community providing wonderful help so - thank you!

Now, I have been toying with the idea of tidying up my Kontakt Library structure and I've read the topics below:
    Creating Custom Master Tabs For Kontakt 5 Tutorial (Windows)
    Kontakt Library Tabs

Both seem complementary to each other but I still have some questions which I hope someone can help me with.

Using the "Creating Custom Master Tabs For Kontakt 5 Tutorial (Windows)" I successfully tried this out with a random few collections. I actually created an "Instruments" and "Samples" folder and named the NKX NKC files accordingly so I had a structure like this:
    Code:
    Darkkman Loops
    Instruments
    MyLoops1.nki
    MyLoops2.nki
    MyKit1.nki
    MyKit2.nki
    Samples
    MyLoops1_Samples
    etc
    Darkman Loops_info.nkc
    Darkman Loops_info.nkx
    Darkman Loops.reg
    wallpaper.png

All good, worked a treat when applying the REG file. However, this was lots of copying and pasting and... No NICNT file!? I'll come back to that. I then removed the library from Kontakt and from RegEdit files (including Content entry) but when trying to reapply I was informed reg was registered but didn't see anything in Kontakt!?! I have not rebooted but don't see what has gone wrong here... Any ideas?
    ***edit*** I have tried using a different k2lib number and new name (e.g. 8Dio Collection 2 - sneaky huh!) after deleting the Registry entries. I get no errors - just no library tab :S

Now, in the "Kontakt Library Tabs" topic (I know this is under construction but I took what was already there) this shows an example of "Ilya Efimov Collection" which also a) has a NICNT and doesn't appear to use Intruments/Samples folder structure. So my questions is, when do you use NICNT and when would you use Reg file method? And then b) Are the folders of Ilya Collection as they are when installed? e.g. (I will use 8DIO as an example) if I create a new 'master' folder called "8DIO Collection", would the structure be like below?
    Code:
    8DIO Collection
    Basstard
    Documentation
    Instrument
    01 Tonal
    02 FX
    etc
    Samples
    Impulses
    IR Samples
    Resources
    80bpm_grooves_00.ncw
    80bpm_grooves_01.ncw
    etc
    Hybrid Tools 2
    Documentation
    Instrument
    8DIO_Hybrid_Tools_Vol_2
    Samples
    01 Cursed
    02 Defcon One
    etc
    8DIO Collection_info.nkc
    8DIO Collection.nkx
    8DIO Collection.reg
    wallpaper.png

Would I need an NICNT file also? Could I use an NICNT file instead?

I think that's everything :rofl: and would really appreciate any pointers I can get (and apologies if this is already explained but one thing I couldn't find was how to structure the folders for a Master File).

Thanks all!

3. Menorah

Menorah Producer

Please check this:
    kontakt problems

And here i leave these wallpapers +. nicnt Spitfire Audio for whom want.

[​IMG]

Download

4. Introninja

Introninja Audiosexual

the .reg & nkx formats is used to automate some of the process you have to do. the .nicnt and .nkx works the same for activation(.nkx is a old method) if you have problems with one use the other one or use both.

Sometimes the old.nkx method does not work with kontakt 5 and the library disappears when you start kontakt again and that's where the .nicnt play it's roles along side the .nkx file format

5. Levitate

Levitate Producer

Hey,got a Kontakt question? I recently installed power iso and it changed the drive letter on my external,so now all my Kontakt libraries come up as missing.If I locate each one they return but If I close and reopen,it doesn't save it.Also if I just remove the library and try to add it again,it says no library found no matter which I pick.It still loads and works,just gotta pick everything in the browser vs library tabs.Was wondering,should I uninstall & reinstall Kontakt? If so,is there any registry entries I should remove after uninstall and before reinstall? Btw using version 5.3.137 pretty sure it's the latest R2R version, on Win 7 Pro 64 bit,if that helps? Thanks in advance :bow:

6. Introninja

Introninja Audiosexual

wouldn't it be better to to changed the drive letter back and skip all the hassles

7. moocha

moocha Newbie

Any ideas how I get Kontakt 5.2.1 to work on Libraries that require 5.3? My Xlutop Chainer will only work with kontakt 5.2.1 and below.
    Either a way to get 5.2 and 5.3 to reside together or a way to manipulate library to be accepted by Chainer using 5.3?.

I use 64 bit Windows 7 /everything else 32 bit-cubase 5

5.3 loads into chainer but cannot be sounded,
    Yes 5.3 will load into cubase 5 if not in chainer.
    I have lots of templates and songs with chainer and
    it manages everything much better than without it.

TIA

8. Levitate

Levitate Producer

absolutely,just not certain on how to do it?

9. Introninja

Introninja Audiosexual

First thing first change your powerios drive letter

Run PowerISO.

Choose "Options > Configuration" menu.

PowerISO shows Configuration dialog.

Choose the Virtual Drive Tab.

Choose the virtual drive which you want to change the drive letter assignment.

Click "Edit" button.

PowerISO shows the Virtual Drive Letter Assignment dialog.

Select the new drive letter, then click "OK".

Then Restart ,

Plug in the removable Drive. Right-click My Computer and choose Manage. Choose Disk Management. Give it a minute to list all the drives. Find your removable drive. Right-click it and choose "Change Drive Letter and Paths". Click Change and change it to what it was before.

You might want fix your library locations again, mainly in the registry
    [​IMG]

How to use two Kontakt versions!!!
    ====================================================
    A.

To use two Kontakt versions you have to install the oldest/latest(which ones you like the most) kontakt first, then don't install the second kontakt, just open the data folder ,open the other data folder, then open the offline folder open each number folder now look for two things:

1.Find all the kontakt 5.exe and choose the one with the bigger size(if you want to use the 64bit version) and Name it Kontakt 5.3.1.exe(Name it the Version it is) now move it to your desktop(use the older Kontakt to batch-resave :wink: )

2.find the Kontakt 5.dll also the one with the bigger size(if there's anymore) and name it Kontakt 5.3.1.dll(Name it the Version it is) and move to your VSTPlugins folder and add it in your DAW(use the smaller one if you have a 32-bit DAW or use the 64bit version with a bridge)

Done!!! :wink:

10. moocha

moocha Newbie

Hey man, you are a genius, I'll get my head around it and finally start to audition the new libraries...Thanks alot and Shalom!

Later notes:

I renamed exe and stereo dll "5.3.1..put dll next to 5 dll in vst plugins
    and exe on desk. Chainer sees both 5 and 5.3.1...cubase only sees 5.3.1 now (PLUS ORIG v5 8 AND v5 16 OUT DLLS).

All is well well well

MuchaS

11. ensoniq

ensoniq Noisemaker

Hello, this is my first post. can't believe I haven't found this great forum before!!!

I have extremely weird Kontakt problem. using cracked version so far.

when loading patch/instrument into kontakt, kontakt and daw (cubase or pro tools) become "not responding".

sometimes it doesn't go into "not responding" but the instrument loaded into kontakt doesnt respond eben thou theres midi being received, than after like 20 seconds all the notes that i was playing on the keyboard okay all together in like half a second.

I've re-installing different cracks and still can't get it to work. this is the 5th day in the row i try to fix this without any luck..

also, same problem happens when kontakt is in standalone. but all other NI software (cracked and legit) work fine.

12. Introninja

Introninja Audiosexual

Welcome to the Audiosex, I'll be your host tonight, Hope you enjoy your stay & contribute to this fine Establishment :bow:

Try this:

Q.
    Kontakt Keeps crashing?? Please Help

A.
    Delete the following files from this folder
    C:\Users\ME\AppData\Local\Native Instruments\Kontakt 5\Db
    Factory.kdb.cache
    kontaktdb2
    kontaktdb2Lock

This is called a Corrupted Database Problem(CDP)

open kontakt and you should be good to go no need for re-installation

13. ensoniq

ensoniq Noisemaker

Triied that. Still same issue

14. Introninja

Introninja Audiosexual

Are you bridging Kontakt with a program like jbridge
    What version is your Kontakt... 5.3.0/5.3.1 etc
    Are you on a MAC or PC...32bit/64bit
    is every patch or library doing it?

15. ensoniq

ensoniq Noisemaker

Kontakt 5.2.1. x64. windows7 x64. cubase x64. no jbridge.

just tested again with few system restarts.

seems like only NI sample libraries are doing this, especialy NY grand and rhodes mark1.

and especialy if I load NI libraries first into kontakt.
    if i load some other (non-NI) libraries into kontakt and than load/add NI librabry instrument, sometimes this problem doesn't happen.

btw, my computer is dual boot: MAC(hackintosh) and win7. maybe some harddrive, bios, cpu, memoery or boot configuration is not too correct?

16. Introninja

Introninja Audiosexual

What is the format version of your HDD?? (ntfs, fat,exfat..etc)

17. ensoniq

ensoniq Noisemaker

NTFS. the "audio projects" and "sample content" harddrives are exact same HDs i had in my old PC i just plugged them in into my new computer and using them for windows, and of course a new Harddrive for windows os (and different harddrives for MAC os, Mac projects and mac sample content) and programs and vsts etc.

18. homer_simpson

homer_simpson Platinum Record

Hi guys!

I need little help with Sonokinetic - Minimal v1.1

I tried to install this library (from Audioz) (Win7-64bit, Kontakt 5.3.1) and no can do. Samples are on nkc/nkx so it should be easy to "install" with "add library" button BUT i have "no library" message and when tried to load individual instruments got the "files encoded, register library bla bla bla" (becouse this lib is not installed).

Is there some additionaly files or sth to install?

19. Introninja

Introninja Audiosexual

New & already spamming lol..It's okay I'm ma delete the thread you made & post my Comment Here.

Use this:

Minimal.nicnt
    http://www28.zippyshare.com/v/3109500/file.html

Welcome to Audiosex.... you finally joined lol

20. homer_simpson

homer_simpson Platinum Record

hehe sorry mate for double post but i didnt notice info about approval post

and thank you for response :)

EDIT:

all works gr8 now :)