Active Members Only: All Mac related Problems with Kontakt

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by Introninja, Jan 14, 2014.

1. AlBudser

AlBudser Newbie

It says sometimes to get a new version of Kontakt as the patch was generated by a newer version (Also happens with other libraries in Kontakt) do I have to get a upgraded version ? It says I have Kontakt 5 but I think it is not the newest one. I am scared if I try and upgrade it will maybe find that it is cracked. Happened once and it told me to register in with the Native Instruments Center. So had to kick out all the registry data and reinstall it. Is there any trick to make patches work?

2. Introninja

Introninja Audiosexual

what computer system do you have? Mac or pc...

3. Lean

Lean Producer

Edited by Lean as contains discussion involving Warez

Good luck :wink:

Last edited: May 3, 2016
  4. Fixx

Fixx Newbie

Hi Kontakt Guru, my first day + my first post here (and I start asking your patience for my poor english).
    Hope you can help me... :)

First, my system:
    - MacBook Pro with OSX 10.11.3 El Capitan
    - Logic Pro X 10.2.2
    - Native Instruments Komplete 10 Ultimate (registered)
    - Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S61
    - A number of unregistered Kontakt libraries

I''ve upgraded my system two days ago (before: OSX 10.7.5, Logic Pro 9, NI Komplete 9 Ultimate (cracked))
    Some of my previous projects use sound from unregistered Kontakt libraries, so now I really need to work, in Logic Pro X,
    with both (registered + cracked) Kontakt(s).

I've read and tried to follow the instructions of the thread you mentioned above but I'm probably doing something
    wrong 'cause it doesn't work and I don't understand why...

In detail:

==================================================================================================
    Install your legit Kontakt Version First....
    ==================================================================================================
    Done. All work perfectly.

Download a cracked Kontakt 5.3.0(or up) r2r installer for MAC(no links Here)
    Done, version 5.5.2.

Extract it,

Extract the following with 7zip or keka:

Extract NIKTT530U_Crack.7z
    Delete the com.native-instruments.Kontakt 5.plist
    Change all the Kontakt files to:(or whatever you like)
    Kontakt 5K.app
    Kontakt 5K.component
    Kontakt 5K.dpm
    Kontakt 5K.vst

Done, but:
    - First problem: no way to find a cracked Kontakt 5.dpm file inside all the different cracks I've found.
    - Second problem: delete com.native-instruments.Kontakt 5.plist causes ALL libraries (also the registered ones)
    to run in demo mode... :( So, after several attempts, I put back the file in his place.

(You may have to use batChmod to set permissions & to clear ACLs)
    If that means that I've to copy the same Chmod settings from registered files to the cracked ones... Done.

Now copy them to their respected locations:

Kontakt 5k.app
    Macintosh HD /Applications/Native Instruments/Kontakt 5/ or just your desktop for easy access

Kontakt 5k.component
    Macintosh HD /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/

Kontakt 5k.vst
    Macintosh HD /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST/

Kontakt 5k.dpm
    Macintosh HD /Library/Application Support/Digidesign/Plug-Ins/

Done. (Except for the .dpm file, as described above)

Fire up Standalone, make sure every-thing's good (use batCmod if needed)
    Done... In Standalone Kontakt 5K, all (registered and not registered libraries) work perfectly!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fire up your DAW and add the new Plugins which ever one you use, make sure every-thing's good
    And there is THE problem: no way to see/open Kontakt 5K in Logic Pro X !!!!!
    Under "AU Instruments" menu I can see/open only the original Kontakt 5 and so, obviously,
    all unregistered libraries work in DEMO mode.

........Can you help me, please?

P.S.: Trying to solve the absence of the .dpm file, I also repeated all the procedure using a 5.3.1 version (where that
    file was present) but nothing: that way, also the Standalone app doesn't work: it doesn't even open. I think 5.3.1 has
    compatibility issues with El Capitan.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2016
  5. Introninja

Introninja Audiosexual

.Dpm (RTAS) was for protools now its AAX, so you don't have to worry about that file.
    What i meant was to delete the plist that was in the crack folder, not your user folder

Change the crack Name to like Kontakt X.component remove your legit version out of the plugins folder for now and rescan your plugin list in logic, make sure Kontakt X works and then add your legit back

Yea .dpm is useless for your setup, and 5.3.1 might not work due to the changes to the os, but at least there are new versions that fix that issue

6. Fixx

Fixx Newbie

Thanks a lot for your answer, !!!

I've done what you said... But it doesn't work.
    :dunno:

Just to be sure, the details again:
    1) Renamed the cracked files as Kontakt 5X.component and Kontakt 5X.vst;
    2) Removed the legit .component and .vst files from relative plug-in folders;
    3) Added cracked and renamed .component and .vst files to relative plug-in folders;
    3) Started Logic Pro X: ALL Kontakt libraries (registered and not) are working fine BUT there's no way to access them through Komplete Kontrol (not even in Standalone) 'cause of a "Loading issue" (error message);
    4) Added back the legit .component and .vst files to relative plug-in folders: now Komplete Kontrol (Standalone and inside Logic) is working fine but NOT the unregistered libraries, working in Demo mode again.
    :facepalm:

Anyway, "Kontakt 5X" name NEVER appeared in the "AU instruments" list in Logic (but maybe that's right)...

I really don't understand what I'm doing wrong.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  7. Fixx

Fixx Newbie

...And what about Chmods?

I notice that Chmod Groups are now inverted:

File: .component

Before:
    Kontakt 5 = Owner: Username / Group: wheel / RWX RWX RWX RWX
    Kontakt 5X = Owner: Username / Group: staff / RWX RWX RWX RWX

Now:
    Kontakt 5 = Owner: Username / Group: staff / RWX RWX RWX RWX
    Kontakt 5X = Owner: Username / Group: wheel / RWX RWX RWX RWX

File: .vst

Before:
    Kontakt 5 = Owner: Username / Group: wheel / RWX RWX R X R X
    Kontakt 5X = Owner: Username / Group: staff / RWX RWX R X R X

Now:
    Kontakt 5 = Owner: Username / Group: staff / RWX RWX R X R X
    Kontakt 5X = Owner: Username / Group: wheel / RWX RWX R X R X

Kontakt 5 and 5X app Chmods are identical and seem to be ok
    Owner: root / Group: wheel / RWX RWX RWX R X

Is that right/relevant?

8. lukeydukey

lukeydukey Newbie

I'm running into this exact same problem fixx! If it helps, when I delete the audio units cache and logic scans for audio units, it always scans 325 regardless of if the cracked plugin is in the components folder or not. Its as if it isn't recognized at all!

9. Introninja

Introninja Audiosexual

im looking into it, but please post if you find a fix. Thanks

10. Fixx

Fixx Newbie

What do you mean with "325"?

11. Impressive

Impressive Guest

Can anyone help with this problem I have:

I have the torrented version of Vir2 electri6ity and when I add to cracked kontakt (latest k'ed one available for mac), it disappears when I restart my daw or standalone. I'm running OS X Mavericks 10.9.5 and this kontakt problem is driving me fucking nuts lol.
    I tried deleting XML files for that library but it doesn't work. -_-
    Someone help me, please?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? If you can help me, I will be forever grateful.

12. Impressive

Impressive Guest

You would be wrong. It's with older Kontakt libraries in general. I get the same problem with libraries like Orchestral Tools Symphonic Sphere, Strings Runs, Soundiron Emotional Piano, Prominy SC, Spitfire HZ Percussion HZ01, and a myriad of others. It's frigging terrible. T__T

13. Impressive

Impressive Guest

I haven't added any "Non official" libraries to Kontakt. -_-

14. Impressive

Impressive Guest

This is what I have added right now. Note that it's only in demo mode because I've just tried doing a reinstall of Kontakt, and haven't replaced the files with k'ed ones yet. Still no luck at all. -____-
    Screen Shot 2016-04-22 at 12.11.58 AM.png Screen Shot 2016-04-22 at 12.11.48 AM.png Screen Shot 2016-04-22 at 12.11.53 AM.png Screen Shot 2016-04-22 at 12.12.02 AM.png Screen Shot 2016-04-22 at 12.11.41 AM.png

15. Impressive

Impressive Guest

This has been going on long before I installed those Orange Tree libraries. It's actually been going on since Kontakt v5.4.1 was the newest cracked version for mac.
    I finally checked through all my xml files. Nothing is matching it. Idk, I give up.

16. Fixx

Fixx Newbie

I quote myself 'cause my problem is still there: can someone help me, please?
    Thank you very much in advance......
    :beg:

Last edited: Apr 25, 2016
  17. djgfort

djgfort Newbie

Hello everybody,

Ok I'm new here and i just installed Kontakt 5 for first time with a Cracked update (Native.Intruments.Kontakt.5.v5.5.2.Update-Mac). Kontact 5 opened fine and is working perfectly but the Factory Library is not showing up.

Now the question is. Do i need to install a full version of Kontakt before this update? or Am i doing something wrong?

Excuse my ignorance but don't know much about this, any help will be very grateful.

MBP Retina 13" OS X El capitan v10.11.3

18. Impressive

Impressive Guest

My problem stated above is one of the plethora of reasons why I will never again buy anything from Native Instruments. The inconvenience is over 9,000. Just spent all morning trying to spot interfering xml files and reinstalling service center - only to arrive back where I started. At least it's snowing out in my town today.
    Here's the weird part - Cracked Kontakt 4.1 keeps the libraries there without hassle. Clearly this is a problem on NI's behalf. But they will never fix it, because that's just how they are - too lazy to care about their own customers. Thank God for forums like The Z where I can just grab it for free and say "fuck you" to the devs. :facepalm:
    :wtf:

@those who are saying "Sorry for the ignorant/noob question" - you're not being ignorant or a noob. No need to apologize for your skill level. We respect that around here (most of us, anyway. Those who don't, don't last long on here). Especially when it comes to computer stuff like this. It's just a merry-go-round of complications. Honestly I give up on this Kontakt crap. This is one of those scenarios where I'm proud to be a pirate.
    C'mon, shout it with me:
    Arrrrrrrrrrggggggg!!!!
    :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2016
  19. HPF

HPF Kapellmeister

Yes the library is a seperate setup - you have to install it from the komplete setup dvd roms and get the option to install the additional libraries aswell that are bundled together with komplete. You should be able to install the library after you setup kontakt as its treated as a seperate setup and doesnt interfere with the existing kontakt install.

20. djgfort

djgfort Newbie

Thanks for the info HPF :wink: