Act Against Article 13

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by tzzsmk, Mar 21, 2019.

1. teach me plz

teach me plz Banned

Cool. I respect your opinion. But please start your own thread on it with the title "My opinion about teach me plz" since your opinion about me doesn't seem to be based on what i am thinking about article 13, so the people participating in here are most likely not interested in hearing it.

2. wasgedn

wasgedn Banned

Two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, but I'm not sure about the universe yet.
    (Albert Einstein)

What do people like to call stupid? The clever thing they do not understand.
    (Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach)

Many people would rather die than think. And indeed: they do it.
    (Bertrand Russell)

3. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

:goodpost:

Whoever does that is because he or she is one of those individuals more interested in the virtual likes than in the real-life approval. Since they get affected in the real world by events on the virtual world, they think that everyone feels the same. :no: When the recipient of the negative rating is someone, like myself, the giver has failed to grasp the fact that I am one of those individuals that don't care about a stupid emoticon. Fact is that I don't even hand them out in return.:dont:

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  4. teach me plz

teach me plz Banned

Those emoticons are an easy tool that allow me to tell you "i dont like what you wrote, at all". If you care about them or not is up to you.

Please stop pseudo-psychologically analyzing my real life due to a rating i gave you. That smartass behaviour actually tells me WAY more about you as a person than the ratings i hand out tell you about me.

Thanks

5. G String

G String Rock Star

Until it can be demonstrated to me that it's a bad idea, or even just badly executed, I'm generally in favour. Interestingly, expert opinion seems split on the worthiness of the Law. That at least suggests it might not be the abomination some are suggesting.

The threshold of application is websites of 5m unique visits per month ie substantial sites. That figure could be changed of course (up or down).

If one is to get principled about it and raise the spectre of Orwell and authoritarianism, there are surely far more deserving battles to be won. I don't find it remotely as threatening as Britain's domestic laws on such stuff.

• Interesting Interesting x 3
    • List
  6. wasgedn

wasgedn Banned

maybe you think to much from point of person who have copyrightet music out there...
    but they dont do it for small time copyright owners...not at all..

filthy move of renaming or switch numbers of this law shows too...

Last edited: Apr 2, 2019
  7. tzzsmk

tzzsmk Audiosexual

• Like Like x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  8. wasgedn

wasgedn Banned

:mad::guitarhero: