Acoustic Drum Sample Lib, Your opinions ??

Discussion in 'Samplers, Synthesizers' started by richsketchy, Jan 15, 2016.

1. richsketchy

richsketchy Noisemaker

I am looking for a sample library to buy that has really good acoustic drum samples that are one shot hits that I can use to trigger. I do heavy rock music. Thank you for your time and opinion.

Cheers

3. TwinBorther

TwinBorther Kapellmeister

Why lib? why not full vst? on the budget you can get addictive drums that are pretty damn good, ezdrummer 2 is also a good choice... if you can extend your money go for bfd3 that (in my opinion) are the more realistic ones... but still the 3 are pretty much perfect

4. Levitate

Levitate Producer

5. richsketchy

richsketchy Noisemaker

Thank you I will try those. I bought kickforge and I want to also use a triggered sample. I joined this site called Nail the mix and we all mix the same songs together and vote on the best mix and then get to watch Joey Sturgis or a couple of other producer mix the song live. Check it out. It is pretty awesome. www.nailthemix.com Youtube has some demos and it. it is like a all day thing once every month.

6. Bunford

Bunford Audiosexual

For a library for rock music, you could also check out ZEUS or NI's drum libraries, like Modern Drummer etc.

7. mrpsanter

mrpsanter Audiosexual

Superior Drummer.

8. Vaijj

Vaijj Platinum Record

Would also choose Superior Drummer if you gonna use it for triggering. More velocity layers than ezd2 and sound more realistic than many other libs. But ofc it all depends how much work you wanna lay down to get "That Sound" you want. BFD is also good but i didnt like the workflow when triggering them. But also very good and realistic sound.

I could also suggest Slate but then im sure that Chuck Norris would come and haunt me down..

But as said it all about how much you wanna have control over your sound and how LIVE you want it so sound.

Good luck and be sure of post some end results of your work when its done..

Vaijj

9. MozartEstLa

MozartEstLa Platinum Record

IMHO definitively Toontrack's Superior Drummer 2. Loving mic bleeds and integrated effects (Sonalksis signature).

10. Slider

Slider Producer

EZDrummer2's good, Superior drummer2 better but more choices & work.