Acid Pro is not in the list of DAWs?

Discussion in 'DAW' started by Paul Jimerson, Mar 2, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Paul Jimerson

Paul Jimerson Newbie

Greetings all,
    I don't mean this post to be some sort of complaint, I am just surprised it's no in the list. I haven't been able to find any other software that does for me what Acid Pro does. I am referring of course to Acid's auto-tuning of a sample in a project. So long as the sample has it's root key indicated within the meta-data if/when you add the sample into a project the sample will be adjusted automatically to be in the same root key as the root of the project or of the section of that project into which it is added if the project changes key at some point. I am not a musician and have little knowledge regarding matters related to melody I am almost entirely dependent upon using pre-recorded samples and the automatic adjustment of the sample's root key that acid pro does is of critical importance because it makes almost any melodic sample potentially workable. Without it I would be constantly stumbling over samples that I thought were beautiful and would have used in a project if it were only in the right key.

So, finally I am getting to the question I have for you all. Do any of the applications in the DAW list come with a feature that auto-adjusts a sample's root key so that it matches the root key of a project into which it was inserted - the way Acid does? Does it work consistently?

I would be happy to try other software but I need this one feature to be included if there is to be any chance of me making it work.

3. Donut Nyamer

Donut Nyamer Audiosexual

Rusko is the only one I knew that used it.

"I used Acid, not many other people use Acid"
    -Rusko
    -Also OP

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. WolwerineBlues

WolwerineBlues Platinum Record

I used to use acid pro back in 2009 it was version i think 4 or 5 dunno, was fun but meh in time i switched to cubase and later to fl studio.:guru:

5. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

Magix Acid Pro / sales rank in this category 74 (Lack of product support from the manufacturer)

big disappointment / nesmeured, May 24th, 2021 / User:

Acid is the easiest to use software for hacking / arranging / processing loops. Fast, easy and reliable, or at least it used to be ... I've been an Acid 7 user for 5 years. I decided to upgrade and buy the latest version 10 and am now absolutely disappointed with the current status of the program. If you want to use it with plugins, forget about it. All of my legal third-party plugins keep crashing the program after opening and Magix support is almost non-existent. I regret not checking their forum before upgrading. There are tons of posts about bugs that haven't been fixed and I complain about the support from the Magix team.

6. Donut Nyamer

Donut Nyamer Audiosexual

Magix bought Acid from Sony?

7. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

Magix buys Acid and Sound Forge from Sony Creative Software
    By Ben Rogerson ( Computer Music ) May 25, 2016

German software developer Magix has announced that it's taken ownership of "a majority" of Sony Creative Software products, including music titles Sound Forge and Acid, both of which were originally owned by Sonic Foundry.

The deal, which also includes video software Vegas Pro and Movie Studio, was confirmed yesterday by Magix CEO Klaus Schmidt.
    "These products from Sony Creative Software are the perfect addition to our portfolio," said Schmidt. "We have already strengthened our presence in the United States in order to propel development and sales. This autumn, we plan to release new versions of the video-editing programs Vegas Pro and Movie Studio, which are heavily oriented toward the customer requirements of today."
    Magix's existing products include its long-standing Music Maker and Samplitude ranges. The company says that it will continue to support all current Sony Creative Software customers. www.musicradar.com/news/tech/magix-buys-acid-and-sound-forge-from-sony-creative-software-638377

8. Renatus Deca

Renatus Deca Ultrasonic

Mixcraft uses/recognizes acidized loops.
    Sonar reads/imports acidized loops and then converts them to their native groove clips format.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List