Acess Virus VST or Alternative?

Discussion in 'Software' started by MayaMate, Mar 6, 2019.

1. MayaMate

MayaMate Ultrasonic

Hi ,
    is there a Acess Virus VST or a Alternative where i can load the much available Banks out there?

Thx!

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  3. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

4. Blue

Blue Audiosexual

5. Blue

Blue Audiosexual

6. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

Nothing but praise for it. Download demo and you will buy it.

7. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

8. nobodyspecial

nobodyspecial Platinum Record

i have the Powercore Access Virus and you can read all preset till virus c. but you need the hardware of powercore and find a used one plus license. because not made anymore, plus you must have a 32 to 64bit convertor. otherwise i am very happy of it

9. jon.dough.1991

jon.dough.1991 Producer

all these years us poor guys where gathering money to buy a Supernova II , a Waldorf Q , an Alesis Andromeda an OB-6 or other $5k analogue synth ...........instead we opted to spend it on an Access Virus Ti ,

and from all the synths you could emulate (Waldorf Microwave XT , Novation Supernova ) and re-make you make my poor-man's bought after a thousand of struggles synth , render it obsolete , fucking nobodies tha spend $1k on omnisphere rompler or feel so special now that they tthink tthey have a Virus Ti2 emulation , they think - we all know (who have an Actual Virus Ti) how poor even U-he

synths sound in comparison with our Virus Ti ,

how must i feel ? Adam Szabo or any mofo that never worked for a thing in his life ? juzz recreated, emullated ,
    heeeeeeeeeeeh looooooooooooool juzz joking the emudsp89393390393 or whattever or Viper cant even compare in sound and feeling to my real Virus Ti2 , i also have Waldorf XT and supernova I rack, these fellows run on real analogue circuitry , no way a cpu and 32gb's of ram are even gonna come close to real sound,

10. Andsoitseems

Andsoitseems Ultrasonic

VIper is nice, I own this and advise of the purchase. However, You have to get hip to the actual virus emulator and the front end from Mystery Islands. Hope this helps, Youre welcome.
    Can confirm every virus A, B, C .mid bank I through at it yeilded fantastic results. After a bit of hassle with virtual midi cables it works a treat.

DSP56300 Emulation Blog | Emulating the Access Virus C & other virtual analogue synthesizers (wordpress.com)
    Access Virus Librarian & Editor Plug-in | Mystery Islands Music (mysteryislands-music.com)

11. clone

clone Audiosexual

use the 1.2 beta with gui. then you do not need to screw around with Mystery Islands VirusHC. it is too bad that program was not done by Sigabort; I really wish it worked correctly with Ti2 but it is very buggy.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  12. Darth Vader Son

Darth Vader Son Banned

Where we can download 1.2 beta?

13. Vir Cotto

Vir Cotto Kapellmeister

The Preset (sysex) import from Virus to Viper is comming in the next Update if i understand the Author correct.

14. Bandit

Bandit Producer

Are you looking for that hypersaw, big phat rave lead? If so, check out the NS Audio - Virus Ti bank: https://ns-audio.com/product/access-virus-lead-soundbank-hardcore-edition-vol-1/

Viper comes close as well, and I think is a great VST for that price. The Powercore Virus does not have the big phat hypersaw (as far as I know), it does load a lot of presets that are out there and has a great sound.

You also have Navira: http://navira.io/

I know some people that received a copy from them to test and review it, most of them did not like the controls and the way it worked. That's why I think it never got that big.

15. babuk

babuk Producer

Dude, there's this Virus C emulation DSP56300 , most real sound I have ever heard ITB. But difficult to work with, it's buggy and you need powerful CPU.

16. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

No, programming that takes a lot longer. I guess at least 1 year. + -

17. clone

clone Audiosexual

What is the Over/Under? You could start a betting pool.

18. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

I do not bet or participate in speculation. We will be informed by Adam Szabo when it is ready.

19. adamszabo

adamszabo Ultrasonic

Its is mostly done, but the next update will include some important bugfixes, and then I need to release long awaited "official" soundpacks, and then its time for the virus patch import. This is the plan at the moment

• Like Like x 3
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  20. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

Hello @adamszabo, thank you for enlightening us and shedding light on the dark.

21. Ozmosis

Ozmosis Producer

Virus for TC Powercore uses .mid for its presets and not sysex. Also Powercore Virus is same as A/B and C and not same as Ti, as such not all parameters same as Ti!
    That said some do load, though may not be exactly the same sound as Ti.
    (Interestingly there don't seem to be so many preset packs around for the A/B and C!!)_

In the recent Viper Synth topic it was mentioned that Adam is working on implementing the ability to load Ti presets, which would be pretty damn cool if successfully accomplished.
    (I should have read all comments before posting ;)

Otherwise as others have said the Motorola DSP EMU =)

Last edited: Dec 22, 2021