Access Virus HC Librarian Editor Plugin - any good?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Bunford, Feb 21, 2016.

1. Bunford

Bunford Audiosexual

3. Kobayashi Maru

Kobayashi Maru Member

I've got the Virus B HW desktop.
    I use the editor plugin every now & again that you mention, & it works fine for me (WiN7x64ICE Studio1v3.1, Ableton 9)
    It was worth the purchase to me (bought it 50% off sale), it's 50% off till the 29th February at the moment.

4. dlearyus

dlearyus Noisemaker

5. Bunford

Bunford Audiosexual

Yeah, that's why I'm considering it, cos of the 50% off. Don't wanna impulse buy though if it's rubbish!

Does it allow you to play the older Virus synths and automate parameters by the plugin, kinda similar to the TI stuff?

6. Bunford

Bunford Audiosexual

7. Aytac

Aytac Noisemaker

Dont even think about buying anything from rekonaudio. I bought two editors from them and both are my worst investments
    :suicide:

Go for the mysteryislands's editor.

8. mag666

mag666 Kapellmeister

Absolutely +1.. Avoid the Rekon Audio one like the plague.

The MysteryIsland one works well and has proven to be more stable in the long term for me at least.

9. statik

statik Audiosexual

i used to use the mystery island one with my virus rack it's ok i guess but the price has gone up like crazy

copied from my invoice from a year ago (5-2-2015)
    Access Virus|HC AudioUnit & VSTi Librarian Editor Plug-in
    Download 1: Virus|HC Editor & Librarian AudioUnit / VSTi for MAC v1.0.6
    Download 2: Virus|HC Editor & Librarian VSTi for PC v1.0.6
    1​
    € 49.95​

10. DKB

DKB Producer

I've got the mystery islands virus hc editor and use it with my virus c on my Mac .
    It's updated to 1.4.1 now it also comes with xtra expansions for your virus (revelation 1 & ti soundset ) you get free lift time time updates.
    It's a great plugin to use with your hardware synth , there's plenty of tutorials available on there site now how to install and get it up and running also one how to make your own banks .jani the developer is easy to get hold of and responds to any problems or questions you have with in hrs . For me the plugin bought my virus back to life from just collecting dust on the shelf. I've now also build up my expansions to over 50 and store them on my Mac not the hardware But a word of caution you can easily overwrite the original factory sounds of the hard ware synth I learnt that the hard way but isn't a problem if you no how to reset the hardware and a little help from the access virus site . For me mystery islands plugin was the best version It wasn't scary looking like the reckon audio editor with to much knobs or controls . The new updated version has loads of new features. I highly recommend buying you won't regret it at all . But I will say when you do purchase it takes a few days to get the download as he codes the plugin to every purchase individually well it took 2/3 days for my digital purchase to arrive .
    Once you've set up your account and downloaded it your license file is also in your account. It's a great plugin to use I'd go for it . Also after I bought my copy he did a massive price increase but if it's still not on sale at the moment he's selling it on eBay for £59.99
    Hope this info helps with your decision.