Access Virus C or TI ? Can anyone upload a lead?

Discussion in 'Instruments' started by Swatch, Feb 25, 2017.

1. Swatch

Swatch Kapellmeister

EDIT: Maybe i will buy a C or a TI.
    Please see my last post in this thread

Hey guys.
    I actually search for a Virus C (second hand).
    I had one 5 years ago. Huge shame on myself, that i sold it.
    Now i want it again.

I have old projects and stems from the C.
    Sounds warm and huge.
    Listened to a Ti2 in the store now. And it sounds like sylenth and spire and all that software.
    (flat, cold, too upfront)

I still have this software:
    http://www.solar3d-software.com/

I like to play with presets.

My question: Anyone using the Virus C and can tell me, if there are some up to date presets which i can use? Can i use TI or TI 2 presets on the C?

(Anyone selling a C ? :D)

greetings

Last edited: Mar 2, 2017
  3. Moogerfooger

Moogerfooger Audiosexual

Honestly. I wouldn't buy one new. I owned one for 3 years. Sold it... the rate things are going with other wavetable synths like Serum, I don't feel it is worth the price they ask. The USB latency is wretched.... however to each his own.

4. Swatch

Swatch Kapellmeister

sorry, edited the thread. When i buy, it will be second hand. Not new.
    I really search that warm analog sound. Then i can layer it with some VSTs.
    But the basic layer must be warm and full. Since i sold the C i am not really happy with my Leads :(

5. Oysters

Oysters Audiosexual

isn't Virus digital not analog? or is its emulation so convincing it doesn't matter? i have never used one but would really love to.

• Like Like x 2
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  6. Swatch

Swatch Kapellmeister

Hey.
    I read.:
    The sound creating and processing is digital in every Virus.
    But the DAC is very important https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital-to-analog_converter.
    In the C Model the DAC will colorize and warmth up the signal for that phat "analogue" sound. (Audio out from Virus)

In the TI the USB signal path is completly digital and the analog outs are not colorizing so much (Flater, cleaner sound)

Please correct me anyone, when i´m wrong. This are the parts i read in the net.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  7. ZUK

ZUK Rock Star

You can use TI/TI2 presets, but sound different.
    It sounded different. Apart from the DAC, there are waves and other things that are not available in the TI or C model if we use TI2 presets.
    I have a TI and there are days I think about selling it ....It all depends on the money you earn.

8. statik

statik Audiosexual

i used to have one years ago and i had a waldorf microwaveXT, after a few years i sold them both,, the virus because the sound was boring and so overused and the waldorf because i thought i got fed up with it, to this day i regret selling the waldorf, that thing was so damn fat, it was the biggest mindfart ever to sell it. you should try a studiologic sledge, could very well be way better that the virus, also keep in mind that the virus is a hype, it's not the only synth that has good sound but it is the only one with such a big hype

9. bluerover

bluerover Audiosexual

Yes, C is awesome. Hook it up with mogami gold 1/4" unbalanced cable(s). One knob per function. Most importantly, it's not a plugin. Anything hardware VA Virus, Nord Lead, Waldorf, is worth having in your collection.

10. Swatch

Swatch Kapellmeister

Hey.
    Thanks for your feedback.
    I love the C. When i listen to the demos i get goosebumbs, like i played with it some years ago. I love the sound.
    Can´t describe it :)

11. Psychoacoustic

Psychoacoustic Producer

Only buy one with a keyboard - so you can easily tinker with it away from a computer. This is the main advantage vs soft synths and controller keyboard.

12. korte1975

korte1975 Guest

analogish ? -> Studiologic Sledge 2 - sure it doesnt come close to the mighty Virus TI

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 25, 2017
  13. stephenellis2000

stephenellis2000 Member

Hell Yes the Virus C is still worth it ... just got mine back from Germany for repair ... Yeah it`s totally naff how there is no firmware available in the public domain (could of re soldered the DSP chip myself for about £20 !! ) and that EVERY repair has to go through their own designated repair center in Germany (cost a fortune, trust me) but i still would not be without it ... just one look at those blinking red led`s in the studio at night makes me realize ... she was worth it .. grab one while you can as they are getting quite rare now as i found out when i tried to buy a replacement ... this alone tells you that if you own one .. you don`t want to get rid of it ...

peace y`all

14. Swatch

Swatch Kapellmeister

Hey guys. Thanks for your feedback.
    Maybe i can buy a TI now. There are much more sounds, and that USB Connection seems to be a bit easier.
    Is the sound from the TI really colder, thinner, more metal than the C as described in the net?

Does anyone has a TI and can upload me a real nice Trance Lead? filtered, cutoff up and down? with nice reverb?
    This would be awesome :)

15. BumBcL0t

BumBcL0t Producer

The USB connection 'sounds' easier but in actually reality it is fucking dreadful. I owned a Ti for a couple of years and eventually it ended up sitting on my desk collecting dust for a few months before I sold it.

I'd had enough of becoming enraged by the VST software crashing all the time. If you're going to run analog outs then it's a good idea, I wouldn't buy it just for the USB and software tough - I did and I regretted it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  16. mild pump milk

mild pump milk Russian Milk Drunkard

i have c.
    ti has more modern features. more advantages.
    speaking about sound - ti has more polyphony, supersaw blah blah blah.
    quality of c? - I can easily make filter sound more digital than software synths. I can simply do huge amount of aliasing on c. and it doesn't depend on your sound card. C has its own frequency range limitation (about 25kHz or so, don't remember) and aliasing appears mirrored from this frequency, not from audio interface. So it is internal "digitality" and disadvantages.
    imho they are similar.
    Once I heard old warm VirusB preset and replayed it with my C - identical.
    Nuances you want to achieve/escape between models will be killed in your mix.

Buy TI/TI2, it is like "Access Virus Super C" =)
    Or Access Virus C is like "Access Virus TI Elements" =)

Last edited: Mar 2, 2017
  17. ZUK

ZUK Rock Star

swatch, see post on sister site for "sounds".

18. Swatch

Swatch Kapellmeister

Hey zukunft.
    Thanks for the hint ;) Which Virus do you use?

i´m going completly crazy here. Listened to all demos in the net from the TI.
    And they sound cold, direct (no room) digital like a VST. I really dont like the sound.
    A dude compared the hypersaw from the Ti with the Serum VST. They sound exactly the same. --) Like shit
    It´s said, that even the analog outs have bad sound because of cheap DACs.

I found my old VCommander 3 Version. And now i really think about getting the C instead of TI.
    Buying a USB to midi converter.

So please guys, my last question (like in the start of the thread):
    Are there still cool patches, which i can use? Maybe the Vengeance Incubation stuff for TI. Does the C load this TI presets?
    I want the Kamui stuff so badly :D
    I will use the VCommander. It can load the Mid files.

greetings.
    And sorry for this annoying questions. (Very paranoid ears) :D

19. RedThresh

RedThresh Producer

I have a dream, that one day, the "software flat cold" myth will get out of people minds. Not true since maybe like 10 years.

20. Swatch

Swatch Kapellmeister

uuuh please tell that to my ears.
    Listening 30 minutes to modern dance music = earache
    Listening to some Dance music few years ago = eargasm

Best example:
    Orjan Nilsen Studio Session. Mixing Hardware and Software
    I was blown away from the sound. Its in the room, its flying around, It´s deep. no words for it. : :headbang:

Orjan Nilsen now, with that spire crap.

Just 0s and 1s banging against my ears. Cold, loud, digital, directly in front, no depth. It hurts my ears.

21. mild pump milk

mild pump milk Russian Milk Drunkard

Swatch, old kamui soundbanks 1 and 2 were made with virus c, so I use them with c without problems.
    Banks made with ti are not suitable for a,b,c. Ti supports all. Even oldest ones.